SAU Community

Fuel Pumps

Hey guys

Just thought I might start a thread on what fuel pump upgrades you have used in your cars.

I have a 95 r33 gts-t and have just fitted a r34 gtr fuel pump in my car, opted for this as it was a cheaper option than Nismo fuel pump and had good flow rate and enough to handle my target of 230rwkw

Only thing i dislike about the gtr pump is the noise factor, it whines abit and can get a tad annoying.

Anyone wishing to share their experiences on other pumps, eg Bosch, Walbro, Nismo, Tomei etc

Thanks,

Pete

Yeah, lose the bottom bit of the bracket and hose clamp the whole pump to the bracket. Then, lots of jiggling. On mine, Daniel (3lit3 32) removed the rubber covering around the pump to get it in easier.

Oh, and the hose that goes to the sock on the GTR pump is a lot longer than the standard (in a 34 gtt anyway) so u may need to move them across or mod it urself.

I have the Walbro 255ltr which is the eqivilent to the Bosch 040, Cannot hear a peep out of it at all, and alot cheaper than the Bosch, I had the same issues when looking to upgrade from stock.....and after hearing peoples thoughts i chose the Walbro and am very happy with the decision! I have 212kw and i'm sure it will handle more.....

ive got an r32 gtst .... i plan on modding the car.. what sort of rwkw will the r32 gtr pump as an upgrade be able to handle and are they noisey?

cheers

-Ruffels

R32GTR (Z32) pump is 190 litres per hour at 12 volts and supports 420 bhp at standard pressure (ie; 36-38 psi).

R33GTR pump is 210 litres per hour at 12 volts and supports 460 bhp at standard pressure (ie; 36-38 psi).

If you run a relay and direct feed from the battery to the pump (ie; 13.8 volts) then add around 10% to the above.

:) cheers :D

PS, GTR pumps are only noisy if you don't install them correctly, use the rubber mounts and keep the pick off the floor of the tank.

Edited by Sydneykid

I bought a new Walbro off a guy on these forums. It came with a rubber foot to mount it into the bracket that the original pump fits into. Not noisey, pumps far better than the original, easy to install. Very happy:)

Any you guys that have used the Walbro's had any problems? i've heard they run dangerously low pressure at high revs ?

Sydney Kid : I've been told that GTR fuel pumps whine more in gtst because of the difference in body construction and sound deadening?

i've had a walbro 500hp in tank installed recently. runs excellent, not noisy at all. However lately at high revs flat pedal, the car has little fart/squirt fits while going up the revs...could be the stock ecu dis liking hitting 12 psi.

I had a walbro in there which fitted fine and wasn't too noisy but at 228rwkw we took the return line off and pointed it into a can whilst the car was on the dyno. At full noise the return flow reduced to nothing more than a few drips. Not even a trickle!

The chances of blowing up my engine were high with that kind of flow so out it came.

Also at idle and low revs the pressure was way too high, like an extra bar too high. This pushed the AFR's off the scale.

I then put an R34 GTR pump in and had none of these problems. It is noisy though so I might pull it out and revisit my mounting efforts.