SAU Community

Remapping An R32 Ecu Done And Done!

Hi All,

I have been reading this forum for ages and just got round to signing up...

I have a 92' R32 GTST and have had it for about a year. It was almost completly stock when I got it and it was my first performance car. It felt hella fast, but now I feel it's wearing off. So I have done some mods and would like some feedback on wether I am missing any bits...

Rb20DET

R34 Turbocharger

Apexi sidemount intercooler (looks completly stock)

Bosh fuel pump (400hp)

Malpassi Rising rate fuel pressure regulator

3" turbo back kakimoto exhaust with split dump

Turbotech boost controller

Exhaust cam gear

Stock BOV

Stock Injectors flow tested

Stock AFM

I was aiming for about 180 kw and thought that is more than enough for my car as its a daily driver and I don't need any more power than this.

I was having a couple of problems relating to the factory management. I was getting maximum air sensing from the AFM at 10psi. I was also getting minor pinging at 4700 to 5200 rpm under quick bursts of accelleration. and my fuel economy sucked.

I decided to draw the line on the modifications and I had always planned to get the ECU chipped rather than a power FC due to the cost. and I wanted to wait till all my other mods were done.

I have just got a remap done and I am very impressed. I sent my specs and get a new tune sent to me 4 days later. Pluged the new chip in the computer and the car started YAY!!!. I had the AFR's checked via a mates wideband 02 sensor with a data logger. and am pretty happy with the results. It is quite rich from 5500 to 7000 but I guess that is for safety.

I got the remap done by this guy because I had heard good things about him from a few mates

The car absoutly RIPS now. I am running .9 bar and it is like an animal to drive. it pulls like a freight train and there is heaps more midrange power.

The remap only cost me $160 for the tune, $20 to get the ECU socketed and a case of beer for the loan of the wideband 02 sensor. I really want to get it dynoed just to see how much power it is making but I don't really care about a number.

Anyway let me know what you think. Have I missed anything? would you add anything else? I am really busy at the moment but I will have the car dynoed over the next 2 weeks.

Edited by secondhandninja

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm sounds alright hey

was thinking power fc for my gtr

but yeah looking at $1500 for pfc and tune but $160 sounds a bit better

im not wanting 500rwkw but wouldnt mind it running a bit smoother

what do you guys think about chippin my gtr?

I felt sick today. Cough Cough I called is sick and took my car to the dyno doctor LOL

I only did a couple of power runs. I am very happy with the result. The turbotech does a really good job of holding the boost and the new rechip is smack on perfect.

untitled.gif

I was told it is an excellent power curve. Is it supposed to be done in 4th gear? there was no sign of pinging the air flow ratios were about 12:1 :D:O:P

I felt sick today. Cough Cough I called is sick and took my car to the dyno doctor LOL

I only did a couple of power runs. I am very happy with the result. The turbotech does a really good job of holding the boost and the new rechip is smack on perfect.

untitled.gif

I was told it is an excellent power curve. Is it supposed to be done in 4th gear? there was no sign of pinging the air flow ratios were about 12:1 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Very impressive results $160 well spent pitty us Rb25 guys cant get this done

Very impressive results $160 well spent pitty us Rb25 guys cant get this done

Yes they can. There needs to be a small modification for the VCT but I have seen it done before on RB25 with good results.

this guy is a absolute champ, sent him a email today at about 12pm and got a reply now at 1:20pm.. he is going to make one up for me as soon as i pay for it... can't wait to see what sort of gains i'll get. let you guys know how it goes. :)

I don't have a dyno with AFR's unfortunatly. they were tested on the dyno and I asked for them :woot: but insted I got a printout of boost :wave:

I didn't look till after I was gone so i couldnt get em to print out another one. I did get them checked and even saw them on the dyno computer screen.

Yoshitokio is in threadbo of all places. I will email him and tell him there is some interest on this site.

i did a similar thing....

bought a copied chip of someone off this forum who had similar mods to me minus the cooler for $50, took to my mate to get the cradle soldered in and wham bam thank you maam ive got more power, response, economy and speed cut removed, higher rev limit etc etc...

very happy

he gives u a preset tune depending on the mods u tell him you have and then u take it down the dyno and make sure its safe ?

im pretty sure thats how it goes down dude.

hes guessing from another state.

i dont know squat about tuning but i always assumed each car is different and u needa get it on the dyno and adjust stuff in realtime.

but yeah i dont know shit.

Yep is is tuned for the mods you list. and you then go by your self to the dyno to get it checked, He guaranteed me if i didn't get a power increase he would write another tune for me after seeing the dyno sheet.

You can get upto 3 seperate tunes sent to you, dyno all 3 and keep the one that suits your car best and send the other 2 back but it costs a bit extra. He was confident he would get it right first time and he did.

I have gone through a full tank of gas since the tune and got 460km's to the tank. that was slightly less than i normally get 490kms. But I put this down to my heavier right foot!