SAU Community

What Insurance Are You With?

hi guys

i just rang up just car Insurance and found out that it will cost me $2300 to get full Insurance on my skyline, thats bullsht within 2years u will pay almost half wat ur car is worth. and i dont want to get 3rd party coz they wont insure my 3k rims or car sound system etc if my car is stolen. just want to know how much u guys are paying for full Insurance on ur skylines.

also if anyone can give me a list of Insurance companies that will Insure or cover imports.

thanks

bill

Not really "Forced Induction Performance" is it?

You would have also found a heap of threads on this if you bothered to do a search :fakenopic:

For the record, I'm insured with Shannon's - modified R33 - good record - 25yrs old - $1400/yr

How come everyone manages to get such cheap insurance?

I am 24, driving for 5 years, one accident. The cheapest quote I got was $1656 with Just Cars, including 60% NCB, but with an $1800 excess for accident or $1300 excess for theft!

im with just cars... $1750 full comp 22yo driver with no "no claim bonus" all mods covered, 2k excess... never heard any probs with them... hoping that continues cos im makeing a claim! lol good dam lancer drivers ;)

How come everyone manages to get such cheap insurance?

I am 24, driving for 5 years, one accident. The cheapest quote I got was $1656 with Just Cars, including 60% NCB, but with an $1800 excess for accident or $1300 excess for theft!

cause you are 24. wait till you hit 25 and see what happens

the fact that they insure mods is a joke, you'd have to have 30k worth of mods to get an extra 5k, its just bull shit

That is why many insurance companies will do "Agreed Value"

whos had luck with agreed valu and with who i have moded 32 engin ets no one i have found will insure for more than 15 k

cas has cost weel over 30 to replace any help appricaited

u know, i've had enough of bull-shat this bull-shat that. if u're gonna calculate insurance as a sort of investment then u shouldn't be driving an import. you buy insurance as a safety measure. who cares what it costs ??!! if u cannot afford insurance, dont complain and get something else.

also, when you're figuring out an agreement value, dont be a top shit and expect "MOST" mods that u haven't spent money on to be covered. insurance companys are not brain dead thick heads. they roughly know how much a car is worth, they know half the mods on the car were installed prior to your ownership(by jap owner). if u effectively paid $15,000 for the lot, expect to insure it for 15grand, not a bizzare 30grand worth of mods+ 20grand car, totally 50grand.

as for insurance, shannons is great.

I recently joined up with shannons for my 32 gtr. Very competetive price. Im 23 and paying $1600 for full comprehensive cover.

i was lookin at shannons the other day, and was going to do an online estimate, but one of the first things i read was sumthin that gave me the impression you have to be over 25 to insure with them, whats the go? i'd like to go with shannons, they seem to be one of the best, but i thought i couldnt coz i was too young

shannons, $811 for the year, insured for $42,000 and every mod listed and covered. but im on extreme limited usage (under 4000kms a year) and i have my home and contents with them 2. my 94 diesel 4x4 hilux is $1000 more a year 2 insure!?!?!

Dude try Just cars insurance, im paying 950 for full comprehensive with rating 1.

I have an R33 4 door non-turbo (turbo was only 50 bucks extra) and have an exhaust, tinted windows, 18" rims, and stereo which is all insured in my policy.

I think ive done aight with my policy.

Regards Evan