SAU Community

Motor Re-trimmers

Parker

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has the contact details of a person able to re-wrap a steering wheel in leather. My standard one is shagged and at over $1200 new from nissan i aint going to be buying a new one.Most places wont touch the job as i understand it is quite fiddly.

Alternatively if someone has a mint 32 GTR steering wheel for sale drop us a pm (or gts-t one for that matter i understand they are the same wheel but with a different horn button)

Cheers.

Possibly Paul but i'm yet to see an aftermarket one for a reasonable price that beats the standard one for looks and ergonomics. The suede sparco racing jobbies and some of the nardi wheels are nice but i think i'd rather a freshened up stock one if the price works out.

I got quoted $250aud to retrim my steering wheel back in Singapore with real leather. So i decided to get an aftermarket one, and paid $300 with boss kit in the end. Currently using the left on on the link, pretty plain and simple, just the way i like it :D . Just a suggestion if it's too costly. Just that the horn is a bit annoying, i prefer standard horns where it's easily reachable with ur thumb while holding the steering wheel.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/l...t_1899_13086526

I got quoted $250aud to retrim my steering wheel back in Singapore with real leather. So i decided to get an aftermarket one, and paid $300 with boss kit in the end. Currently using the left on on the link, pretty plain and simple, just the way i like it :rofl: . Just a suggestion if it's too costly. Just that the horn is a bit annoying, i prefer standard horns where it's easily reachable with ur thumb while holding the steering wheel.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/l...t_1899_13086526

my car came with one of these when i bought it...

nardi torino classic.

about $600, plus the boss

but it is the best steering wheel i have even driven with, im buying one for my next car, thats how good it is.

horn isnt within thumbs reach, but who needs a horn when you have a 8,000RPM rev limiter with ignition cut? :ban: *b-b-b-b-b-bang!*

nardiblksilver.jpg

mines in pretty good condition, leather is perfect..

does yours have the centre ring on the bolts? alot of them dont..

Mine's got the screws visible (no ring to cover them)...but I think I am going to need a new boss kit and get the torino refitted. It looks like the owner in Japan lost a couple of screws and put some more in but they are not straight, and not the same screws :rofl:

The leather is in pretty good condition, but a bit of the stitching has come loose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...