SAU Community

Where The Available Stock Photos Are Taken

Ever wondered where the photos of the cars on prestigemotorsport.com.au and some on j-spec.com.au are taken?

You know, the ones all with the same suspension bridge in the background...

Well I did, so I went looking on google earth. and I found it.

Car Pics (link to google earth placemark)

Have a look around, you can see all the landmarks that are in the background of pics like these ones

CLICK

CLICK 2

Have a bit of an explore of the port of Nagoya. See how many thousands of cars there are in the yards there!!

uni student? :starwars:

Who me?

Farkoff, I work for a living.

It wasn't that hard to find, just look for that very distinctive bridge at a major Japanese port. I got it third time lucky. Not f*kuoka, not Osaka, bingo for Nagoya.

Found the big bridge and then matched up the two barges across the channel from where most of the cars are photographed and then some of the other bridges, buildings and other details. Too easy.

Perhaps I should work for ASIO...

p.s. anyone else having problems getting onto prestigemotorsports website? I'm just getting error messages.

HAHAHA that's really funny, the thought police module of the forum won't let me type F-u-k-u-o-k-a. It thinks it's a rude word like Fu(k. ;)

Edited by PTR33

settle down mate, it was just a joke, hence the -> :)

man...

as the guy said above, it was just a hint to "time on your hands" - hence, uni student...

:D

sorry, no offence taken dude.

Looking at some other pics on geoff's site, you can see that bridge in the background of a photo of a "Car Auction holding yard". bridge in background

I am guessing that this buyer (my money is on Mark Hocking) buys the cars, drives them a couple of k's down the road, "snap'snap" and then stashes them in a rented corner of lock-up yard to wait for one of us to buy them.

not that there's anything wrong with that...

you have too much time on your hands methinks..

Hey, send us a satellite of where I am typing this right now looking out the window :D

No problemo... just CLICK and all will be revealed.

Edited by PTR33

hey not bad :)

Now.. what am I wearing? :D

Like I said, angle too high, can't see in window....

Amazing what you can do with just a person's name from the copyright tag on their website, www.whitepages.com.au and google earth isn't it?

scary technology..............

Hope this is all taken in fun, and if I got it right and you don't like the info being "out there" I will edit/delete any incriminating evidence.

Edited by PTR33

google earth is shit..

untill i can see titties i will not participate

have a look at the centre of Las Vegas, you nearly can...