SAU Community

Z31 Fairlady 200zr - Who Else Has One?

frigjam

Probably the little most known RB powered car around, just wondering who else has one of these beasts? I figure they are fairly rare, I finally found one a few months back and took me a several years to find exactly what I wanted. RB20DET, 2 seater, black and 5spd manual.

Anyone else got a 2 seater?? I've seen plenty 2+2 but never ever seen another 2 seater here in Aus!

Below is a pic of the day I finally got it. It had some badges pinched on transit from QLD and also its very dirty.

z31.jpg

Edited by frigjam

• 2 months later...
So no ones got one or know of someone else here with one?

Snap.

I looked far and wide for the last of the "true" (straight6) zed also and ended up with this 200ZR 2 seater specimen in 2004.

If I am interpreting the chassis # correctly it was the 36th ever made, all my other cars had many many more clones come before them compared to this one =)

IMGP1157.JPG

Unfortunately I got run into in march and it's been declared a total loss by the insurance company; Try finding any panels for these beasts from the windscreen back, it's not fun. =(

More pics of my old daily -before- the smash - skylab.bitstripped.net Z31 200ZR

Matt.

Nice one, that is very tidy!! Hopefully mine will tidy up that well once its finished and leaves the garage! Mine is actually a 200ZR-II so one of the very last, its late 88 model i've translated it to.

fairlady.jpg

a pic of the arse end taken the other day, mind all the shit everywhere.

What have you done with the shell and rest of the car? I can only imagine how hard it'd be to find 2 seater parts, thats all I am going to be worried about when I take it out! I agree with you, being the last of the true zeds having the straight 6, i've never liked any veeeee engines....

Nice one, that is very tidy!! Hopefully mine will tidy up that well once its finished and leaves the garage! Mine is actually a 200ZR-II so one of the very last, its late 88 model i've translated it to.

fairlady.jpg

a pic of the arse end taken the other day, mind all the shit everywhere.

What have you done with the shell and rest of the car? I can only imagine how hard it'd be to find 2 seater parts, thats all I am going to be worried about when I take it out! I agree with you, being the last of the true zeds having the straight 6, i've never liked any veeeee engines....

A friend of mine up here has one (kil08s) his has a RB24 stroker in it with a rediculous sized T70 high mount on it. It has a HKS F conV for an ecu and was imported by Autostyle for him...ill try and get you some pics

A friend of mine up here has one (kil08s) his has a RB24 stroker in it with a rediculous sized T70 high mount on it. It has a HKS F conV for an ecu and was imported by Autostyle for him...ill try and get you some pics

Sweet that'd be good to see some pics! I really love this car, cant wait to see how it handles out on the track, its got some serious HKS suspension gear and combined with the watanabe style rims its obvious this car has been set up for drift, dont think its seen much action as it all looks pretty much brand new and the tyres are still like new.

I had a chance to score a HKS F-Con for the NICS rb20det (as seen in the z31 and hr31 ) but didnt buy it because I wasnt knowledgable with it, also doubted any tuners here in Tas would have been interested. My impression that the F-Con is similar to that of the Apexi P-FC and plugs into the existing loom?

Sounds like the one that was featured in HPI a while back.. Think it was sporting a HKS 2540 though.

first time ive ventured into this part of the forums - ive got me an 88 200zr - got it late last year - owned by someone in japan who knew what they were doing - nicely modified and very fast - i love it!

post-25850-1156425832.jpg

post-25850-1156425989.jpg

first time ive ventured into this part of the forums - ive got me an 88 200zr - got it late last year - owned by someone in japan who knew what they were doing - nicely modified and very fast - i love it!

Yo - is that a 2 seater?? I've seen 2x 200ZR-II's that were 2 seater, but in the 2+2 shell in australia, and also a few googling sites in japan.

I was looking for a 200ZR-II 2 seater hardtop to take to the track but in the end gave up - a tall ask to find, i've only seen one of them on the yahoo auction sites in 6 months of prowling ;)

Attached a pic of my pride and joy destroyed :D

I'm asking for $7500 - salvage (~$1500) - do you think thats reasonable?? The other persons insurance company say they can't put a market value on it because it's an import. <pffft>

This is what happens when a commodore coming out of a driveway decides to attach itself to the side of your car when you're in a line of 3 vehicles doing 50km/h and he thinks there are only 2.

post-28905-1156494105.jpg

Edited by v1jilante

Yo - is that a 2 seater?? I've seen 2x 200ZR-II's that were 2 seater, but in the 2+2 shell in australia, and also a few googling sites in japan.

I was looking for a 200ZR-II 2 seater hardtop to take to the track but in the end gave up - a tall ask to find, i've only seen one of them on the yahoo auction sites in 6 months of prowling :)

Attached a pic of my pride and joy destroyed :)

I'm asking for $7500 - salvage (~$1500) - do you think thats reasonable?? The other persons insurance company say they can't put a market value on it because it's an import. <pffft>

This is what happens when a commodore coming out of a driveway decides to attach itself to the side of your car when you're in a line of 3 vehicles doing 50km/h and he thinks there are only 2.

post-28905-1156494105.jpg

nah its a 4 seater - a 2 seater would be nice - ive got an original sales brochure (its about 20 pages) and there were some nice varieties that i didnt even know about.

i think im going to look for a nice 2 seater thats had a rb25 transplant in the next year or two.

sorry to see your car!

yeh $7500 is reasonable i spose - it really depends on the condition + mods.. its a series 2 isnt it? or is it the california shape? if its the california shape then id ask for an extra 1k.

dont worry bout it too much though - i had a turbo maxima that i loved and it got ruined by a p-plater in a sss last year - but then i ended up finding this baby so it worked out for the better!

Cool, looks just like mine, although a bit longer and has a back seat :angry: Although I'd have to say my car was last owned by someone in japan who had no f**king idea, and im left with a big wiring mess...

Basically my car has no ECU and the plugs cut off with bare wires showing. Im guessing their idea was to wire in an R32 ECU because a found that in the boot. Obviously a bad idea as the redtop still had the original low impedance injectors (silvertops use high impedance ones) not to mention all the other engine sensors.

I borrowed an ECU from my HR31 and have found an old cut up HR31 loom and slowly wired some of it back up - the colour codes are completely different from Z31 to HR31 however :) So slowly but surely traced most wires back but the car still runs like shit, something isn't right somewhere!

If someone could take a couple of high res photos of their loom running into the ECU that would help! Or an uncut 200ZR engine loom I could buy/borrow :D Otherwise I might just go for an aftermarket ECU setup, but not overly keen to do that just yet, need to get it roadworthy and rego'd first!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just recently got one. Its a white 4 seater targa and is pretty sweet. Im unsure of the year but i think its an 87 model. The car has been insured and regestered as an 87,88 and an 89 model through out its short life here in Aus. If any one can help me decode the vin no to get the year i would be very grateful.

post-7-11199652413.jpg

Edited by benson

Nice 2+2 Benson... I have the same front lip on mine, but ive had to take it off the car at the moment.

Im still having major problems with the wiring in this car somewhere. There's a rather big load on the ECU and its getting VERY hot. Ive had a few second opinions and no one can work it out :O

nah that not really what I need... the engine computer is located in the passenger kick panel - about 3 screws and that comes out. 2 bolts and the computer it self drops down... I need some detailed photos of the wiring of all 4 plugs that run into it. all my coour codes are out of whack and I've got limited info on the redtop rb20 so some good photos would be awesome.

if u can do that and pref email them to [email protected] that would be much appreciated. if theres anything u need I've probably got it, wrecking a few cars at the moment a aussie z31 and import r31..

LOL thought i was on to the wrong thing. Here we go,

PA160053-2.jpg

PA160054-2.jpg

Let us know where impaticular to take pics of and ill do it tomorrow when the light is better and i have more time and ill email them to you so that the res is better as well. The olny thing that i really need at the moment is to find out the year of my z31!!!!!