SAU Community

Post A Pic Of Your Stagea Thread

CruiseLiner

nice......good to see about 4 of us have done this with an M35 in Aus now! 2 Ar-X's 2 RX's!

.....looks like your catching the rear in places and understeer before the apex other places! or am I reading into in what my experiences were on Nankangs!...lolz

Edited by Jetwreck

Nah I softed out Leon. It's got a big banana shaped straight where I probably should have hit speed cut. Every time I lifted my foot at some point through it just because I had no confidence in the car after a couple of earlier... umm... mishaps. Main thing for me was driving within my limits, first time out there, and in the first session had a spin and a minor overshoot. Would rather back off and be able to drive home than go 10/10ths and need to call a tow truck...

Highest I saw on the speedo (when I had time to look!) was 150-160.

This should give you an idea:

Mallala-Circuit-Map.jpg

How did you find the grip out there? In my 180SX I found it really slippery! I came out of turn 3 and easily wound it off the clock before turn 4 and turning into turn 4 the car just started sliding towards the outside of the corner and got scary real quick. Turn 4 is actually a difficult corner with the amount of speed that can easily be carried into it.

Out around turn 4 I found fine. Shannons Nationals had been through the day before, and the track was well rubbered in. Should see the amount picked up by my tyres!

I should also add someone had gone straight on after turn 4 and hit the wall, and the two big black tyre marks heading off the road certainly was interesting...

I found the turn 1-2 combo the most interesting. Significantly harder than it looks!

You should join up and take the 180SX out next time!

I currently have it apart fitting up a Kinugawa TD06SL2-20G 8cm T3 flanged external gate turbo to it and hopefully a set of ID1000 injectors to replace the current 740's. Just waiting for a mate to make the high mount manifold and for me to decide on either the 38mm or 44mm Tial waste gate. Looking to get 300rwkw on pump.

Once its done I want to do some hill climbs and a few grip days.

Nope, you're right Craig. Treadbars ftw! :-P

Needs moar grip.

Dom - you going to come out when yours turns up?

Ermm... hadn't planned on it but I suppose anything is possible. My plans for the car arent huge; full exhaust and bigger wheels and possibly a set of sways front and back. The intent is for a nice tourer for the Mrs to drive around in and lug around all the baby gear too.

See what happens, I guess :)

P.S. - Could actually have it as soon as the end of the week, if all goes well with compliance :banana:

"Just got a pic of the 25G @ 118kph on Freeway.

Lucky its in my name as 19yo is still on one point bond till end of May"

I got on of those when they put the new camera's up on the M1 just north of beenleigh.

110 in 100. I'm even in the process of moving over and speeding up to overtake the ute in front.

Oh wells, my first aerial photo :D

post-58831-0-20334800-1335256552_thumb.jpg

man that sucks! always wondered who would get done on that camera lol

"Just got a pic of the 25G @ 118kph on Freeway.

Lucky its in my name as 19yo is still on one point bond till end of May"

I got on of those when they put the new camera's up on the M1 just north of beenleigh.

110 in 100. I'm even in the process of moving over and speeding up to overtake the ute in front.

Oh wells, my first aerial photo :D

post-58831-0-20334800-1335256552_thumb.jpg

man that sucks! always wondered who would get done on that camera lol

Yep, I had no idea they were there, signs weren't even up yet I am sure of it. No excuse to be speeding though.

On my way home tonight, after doing full oil service on everything in the stagea - I was on the M1 far right lane doing 116km/h and slowly overtaking a car. I noticed a car with foggies coming up my arse from a distance, and the car next to me is now trying to match my speed.

So to be nice to the car coming quick from behind (ewww) i sped up to 130km/h to overtake the car next to me and then slowed back to 116kmh (no brakes). As i pulled into 3rd right lane, the car overtook me. It was a marked highway patrol ford ute. Maybe he had bigger fish to fry, or understood i simply sped up to let him get pass. I was surprised and impressed none the less. Maybe a bright yellow brick isn't that noticeable....

Yep, I had no idea they were there, signs weren't even up yet I am sure of it. No excuse to be speeding though.

On my way home tonight, after doing full oil service on everything in the stagea - I was on the M1 far right lane doing 116km/h and slowly overtaking a car. I noticed a car with foggies coming up my arse from a distance, and the car next to me is now trying to match my speed.

So to be nice to the car coming quick from behind (ewww) i sped up to 130km/h to overtake the car next to me and then slowed back to 116kmh (no brakes). As i pulled into 3rd right lane, the car overtook me. It was a marked highway patrol ford ute. Maybe he had bigger fish to fry, or understood i simply sped up to let him get pass. I was surprised and impressed none the less. Maybe a bright yellow brick isn't that noticeable....

i was looking at getting a yellow one as i love this color on the stagea but went with plane old silver so i didn't stick out :whistling:

Edited by R33huntme

Jez, If the foggies were on wasn't the copper breaking the law?

Pretty sure now in QLD you can't drive with your fog lights on without fog?

Someone arrest that man!

Jas