SAU Community

Rear spoiler removal

dion

well, and not sure if i recommend it, but i just put my hands under it and hit it really hard. made a horrible crunch noise, then popped off... either that or supposedly u can just slide it (forwards or backwards, cant remember which) and it will come off.

MrR33, got any pics of your car with the boot spoiler removed? ;)

was it difficult cleaning up the boot lid after u removed it? apart from the holes...

ive done this - well for no reason the boot buckled causing one side of the spoiler to almost detach. Soooo undid all the bolts i could see holding the spoiler on then came the good stuff - trying to prise the sealant apart without scratching you boot or damaging the wing - it takes patience :D

Guest Juiced32

i have a huge spoiler on my 32 i wanna get off jetspeed put it on they must have used 50litres of sikaflex cos she doesnt budge. any ideas?

• 1 month later...

If anyone has those pads that some people have between the spoiler and the boot, and doesn't really want them, I would gladly take them off your hands...

Thats the only part of the car that rattles with bassy music...

I'd love to finally get rid of that thing as its quite noticeable from inside...

Anyone know what I am talking about or can help ?

I took mine off last week.. there are a few scratches but needs to be painted anyway.... I heated up a sharp knife with a lighter and it cut through a lot easier... Mine was glued down with some black stuff..

If anyone has those pads that some people have between the spoiler and the boot, and doesn't really want them, I would gladly take them off your hands...

Hey.. i dont know if this is what would help you, but a friend of mine and myself fixed his whole front bar(LARGE veilside bar which was half hanging off a swift gti and vibrated stupidly) by using rolls of stick on foam/felt. U can get this stuff from say clark rubber or autobarn, or even a hardware store.

U stick this between anything that might vibrate before u put everything together, it worked really well for us..

siksII - I was thinking of something like that for ages now...

The only thing that stopped me was trying to get the wing off...always afraid I'd rip the paint off the boot...

after reading this thread I am tempted to try it...

gonna take the bolts off and lightly lift to see what happens...

I found a good way to remove the spoiler from the glue that may be holding it together is to get a hair dryer, heat the glue up and then use fishing wire or another similar substance to cut through it. Worked for me....