SAU Community

Gtst Vs Gtst 4

hows it going a mte of mine is thinking of getting a r32 but his lookn at gtst 4s. i dont no much about 32s could u give us a list of pros and cons against the normal rw gtst.

would the r33 also have the same points.

cheers :P

If your looking for outrite pace, the GTS-T is the go. It has the RB20 RWD but only weighs 1260-1280KG depending on model age. Whereas the GTS-4 has all the 4WD gear the GTR has, with the same engine as teh GTS-T. Hence the GTS-4 weighs somwhere int he vacinity of 1460kg i think (someone correct me?). Both with the same power, obviously the GTS-T will be quicker.

However they do have the ATTESA 4WD system which would be handy. I think a GTS-4 with an RB26DETT conversion would be the go! heheh. Then again you mayaswell buy a real GTR tho.

The 33 weight diff from the GTS-t to the GTS25T-4 isnt quite so big, however the additional weight is there. Hence they are a little slower again than the RWD counterpart.

Really its up to what you want outa the car.

i'd go for the gtst... more fun :P

think about how rare the gts4 would be.... if anything happens and u need parts...someone correct me if im wrong but wont they be hard to find?

There is no such thing as a turbo R33 GTS-4

With the R32 GTS4 Nissan realised spec-wise it was abit too close to the GTR so in the R33 (and R34) they decided to make the GTS-4 non-turbo.

With the R32 GTS4 Nissan realised spec-wise it was abit too close to the GTR so in the R33 (and R34) they decided to make the GTS-4 non-turbo.

i wasnt aware the r34 series had a gtt-4 if thats wat its called :P

comparing 32 gtst and gts4:

gts4 can get off the line much faster by lauching at 6000 rpm.

200kg increase means slower top end.

The gtst will catch up to the gts4 over a 1/4 mile.

The gtst has a more chuckable feel and more fun to drive.

Bang for buck a gts4 with rb25 conversion is the goods.

Hard to find a 32gtst in good condition let alone a rare gts4

I am extremely biased to the gtst.

I have a mate who owns a gts4 and it has f**k all torque low in the rev range like all rb20s but its much worse.

Drifting (speaks for itself)

plus I cant believe I am typing this on a Friday night but Ive got that bad cold goin around

anyway I recommend the gtst unless you plan on spending $$$$ on upgrades

My 25 cents

Only R32s came out with a turbo 4wd GTSt model, the latter ones (r33 and R34) were both non-turbo!

As Tuffr32 said, ultimately a stock GTS4 will be slower than a GTSt because of its weight.

Also, it will be VERY VERY hard to find a good condition GTS4 in Australia, as they are much less common than GTSt. And then it will be worth more than a GTSt, something like $16k or $18k.

If you are interested in making an r32 GTS4 RWD, just take the ATTESA fuse out rig up a switch in the wiring. Its that easy.

Rhett

I have a gts4 and its great :P it is a bit heavy to be nice and chuckable, but its still pretty nimble and lots of fun. Finding parts takes a bit longer, but thats always the trade off when you have something special.

Its not in the best nic, but I am slowly doing it up, should be a good car when im finished...

If your mate wants one, I say go for it! try anything twice

As I GTS-4 owner, I thought I'd chuck my opinion in.

The GTS-4 is pretty much a compromise between a GTS-t and a GT-R.

I chose it for the handling aspect.

True, My particular car will likely never see 12's in the quarter mile, but that's not why I bought it.

For me, I get my fun from taking those corners that mates in their falcons, bogandores, magna's and Audi's slow down to a stop for.

I have fun on the twisty's on the mornington peninsula (check out the downhill at Arthurs seat, but do the uphill first, it's some scary sh!t, forget doing that with a 2wd)

The R32 GTS-t and the R32 GTS-4 are practically the same car, save the ATTESA system. If you want that system at a much lower cost (of maintence, repair and initial cost) get the GTS-4. If money is not an issue, get a GT-R, if it's a quarter mile you're after, or AWD just isn't your thing, go the GTS-t.

One other thing to remember, the most common Skylines I see are R33 GTS-t's, and why not, they're a good car. R32 GTS-t's are fairly common, followed by the GT-R's and the R34's, What I'm getting at is that R32 GTS-4's are rare. On the down side, it means some GTS-4 specific parts can be hard to find (I hear the front diff can be particularly difficult to source) To offset that, all the same GTS-T engine parts can be used, along with a host of other parts.

Also, you can install a switch that can allow Rwd operation for Dyno's, or just some Dori fun. check the group buy section.

It's all up to you in the end.

I chose the GTS-4 for the handling, at a cheaper price than a GT-R, and knowing that there are probably less than a hundred in the country.

Just figure out what you want a car to do. Are you a handling man, or do you like the extra G's of planting the pedal? Do you like to stick to the road, or are you a drifter on the streets (Particularly expensive style in Vic witht he new hoon laws though)

It's all up to you.

If you want any particular advice, or opionion, feel free to PM me.