SAU Community

R32 gtst or R33 gtst ?

Guest gtst88

R32 is supposedly smaller and more of a race car, the RB20DET responds better to mods than the RB25DET. The R33 is larger heavier and has a 2.5ltr with more acessories.

Note i have heard that the RB25DET is more temperamental and difficult motor to extract power from. But i havent found this and i wouldnt swap my R33 GTSt for an R32 under any circumstance. Oh yeah the R33 also looks heaps meaner than the R32 any day of the week.

if you can afford a series 2 r33, then go for it, but otherwise i'd take a 32 with a nice kit anyway, cause you'd get it for the same price anyway. Just look around for either cars and what ever comes up with the mods/everything else you want then get it for the right price...

there is abit of a difference in price between the two. A really good example late model r32 go for around $15-18K.

in terms of power it is easier to extract from a r33 because of their extra 500cc advantage.

but either way you're still getting a skyline :burnout:

Go the R32, lighter, cheaper, i happen to like the smaller interior (feels sportier) and less on the roads of Sydney. I wont say better looking as there are some great looking R33s, as well as R32s, more car dependent then model.

I recently tried to follow an R33 up a windy road and for down low tractability i got left for dead, so with regards to unmodified cars the R32 keeps an R33 honest when on song, just dont get caught in the wrong gear.

Be different get a DR30...

Originally posted by chopobo

r33 a bit more spacious and i reckon it has better steering

r32 feels alot racier and torquier but i find the controls a little weird, but you can get used to that

R32's and torque don't go together in the same sentence. Maybe when coming on boost, the 33's have two stage i believe so it doens't throw you as much, but low down torque there's no comparison, cause off boost, rb20's have none.

Originally posted by R33NT

Oh yeah the R33 also looks heaps meaner than the R32 any day of the week.

firstly I love both 33's & 32's.

I hope u're not being serious there. The 33 looks like a road car. (which is what it was made for) The 32 looks like a race car. (which is why it was made). You can't really change the look of the 33 dramatically because its a much "safer" & sedate shape for a production car.

The 33 looks a lot bigger and reminds one of a passenger car. The 32 on the other hand is a very aggressive looking car.

But to finish off. They are both awesome looking cars. Just (slightly) diff tastes.

Originally posted by R33NT

Its amusing that this is coming from an R32 owner. I dont see an R33 owner agreeing with you.

no one has had the chance to respond i suppose ;)

btw It is also amusing to see a comment like

"Oh yeah the R33 also looks heaps meaner than the R32 any day of the week."

........from a R33 owner.

nah well we both have our opinions on this one. One of the reasons I bought my R32 is I fell in love with the Do-Luck kits for the 32's :D

At the end of the day they're both great cars. I'd be happy with either.

Guest gtst88

thanks for the feedback guys ..

how much does a good cond SI r33 gtst nowadays ? i'm located in melbourne and there are lots of 33s here .. but that doesnt discourages me from getting one ..

i do like the 32 as well .. they look sleek man .. my mate wants to sell me his 32 gtst with rb26 ..

is it possible to get a good cond R33 with mods for less than 20 grand ? the differents from S1 and S2 aint big right ? nothing major i suppose ?

yes its possible

in my opinion the s1 r33 looks better than the s2 in some aspects

im not particularly fond of the cloth seats in the s2 and the steeringwheel

i meant the r32 felt torquier as in boost, when it spools IMO it feels torquier than then when my r33 spools

Well the reason i fell in love with the R33 is because of dare i say it the NISMO 400R body kit available for it.

http://www.skylinesdownunder.com/skylinepi...pics/r33no1.jpg

Feel free to TRY and dig up a picture of a kitted R32 that looks anywhere near as mean as the 400R.

Note

400R front bumper $595

Nismo Style rear wing $595

400R Side Skirts $450

400R Rear bumper and spats $495

400R style Carbon bonnet $1095

ie around $3K and you have a R33 GTSt that looks like a 400R!!!!

Personally....

R32's do absolutely jack squat for me, i'd rather a VR Commonwhore. Their has only ever been 1 R32 that i have looked at twice and it was dammmn tough (was at the Wollongong Australia Day Cruise).

I'd deffinetly be looking at a SII R33. Purely on the fact that they are a newer than a R32.

Newer generally means less problems, better condition, less money needs to be spent on future repairs and in general a better running/handling car.

I got my R33 only 5-6mths ago and if i was doing it all over again i woulda held off another 6mths and gone straight to an R34 GTT.