SAU Community

Changing Your Wiper Blades

• 2 weeks later...
Replace the whole assembly. Each wiper is approx 15$ from Scheap

Go the Bosch Microedge

Front driver is 500, passenger is 550 and rear w/shiled is 450

I can vouch for another Bosch wiper blade about $25 from Supercheap Auto... look unique too and hug the windscreen... No scaffolding like wiper blade... just a single sleek piece of rubber..

No rear blade for R33 Skyline though... so had to buy one to cut down to size... the metal is very strong.. have to use a decent hacksaw to cut through it.

• 1 month later...

Change mine today.. Raining in brisbane atm so a good test.

I went with Bosch AeroTwin full wiper replacements @ $22.95 a pop and they a great. 1 minute to remove old wiper assemblies and replace with the new bosch ones!!!!

Here is the link to the product

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/html/5534.htm

and as stated earlier for r33 500mm for front drivers 550mm for front passanger and 450mm for rear..

great results and can feel hte extra power!

Bough some for $10 at supercheap, first wiper change in the life of the car.

Bloody worth it.

Raining in Brisbane, made it perfect to test aswell :P

ALso, had various colours available.

But just wasn't suitable for a man's car.

• 5 months later...

ok now i know where and what brand to get, but question for u guys: of course they are perfect and wipe every drop off when brand new but how long do they last (wear n tear)? how easy are they damaged eg. wiping with no water, little twigs leaves stuck?

• 1 month later...

wil gtr wipers fit a gtst?

also its a nice tutorial... but i guess im jsut not mechanically minded... maybe ther should be a 5 star rating on dificulty... thiswould be like 3..

im jsut going to take it to a mechanics

anyone reccommnd a mechanics that have delt with these kind of modification before?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Replace the whole assembly. Each wiper is approx 15$ from Scheap

Go the Bosch Microedge

Front driver is 500, passenger is 550 and rear w/shiled is 450

What he said, sick blades. Work awesome. GO SUPERCHEAP

Hey guys, I am despising wipers on my skyline for the one reason, they wear out way too quick. I only use them when its raining and clean my windows regularly. After about 2-3 months, streaking occurs, and ontop of the fact if i go above ~90km/h my wipers bounce as they go back down. I have purchased the Bosch blades and fitment thingy. Was awesome for the first month or so, but not worth spending more money on as the cheapos do the same job and last just as long.....

Ps, bought first set of bosch and they were streaking after ~3 weeks of use due to tiny bits of sludge or what-not on my windscreen.

• 1 month later...

I was at supercheap the other day and saw a couple of guys in a done-up VY SS getting a s/cheap worker to change their wiper blades for them. They saw me and mate laughing at them as I was changing bulbs in taillights, so they floored it outta the carpark. :D

hm so the bosch ones actually come with the entire arm assembly not just the rubber inserts, for $15? I'm off to check em out then because I was thinking of respraying my wiper arms as they're completely faded ..look grey, not a good luck when the car is black and polished

Edited by Delta Force