SAU Community

Import

Lovechunks

Lovechunks - please avail yourself of the Forum Rules. If you are posting negative comments, do not include business names. Vijay

Hi to anyone who reads this. I just saw a freinds two cars that he had ordered from [name removed] :( To say that they were disapointed would be a masive understatement!

Both cars came in damaged on nearly every panel. One would not even start. Both were heavily modified in all the wrong ways, they were missing parts as well. How they got complianced and registered I don't even want to know.

In the past I have bought in cars of my own and only through a reputabe Auction group or buyer.

I'm not sure these two cars are indicative of all their imports but these cars were definatly NOT sourced from Auction.

I'm surprised they were not crushed in Japan but obviously a Japanese Wrecker maybe? thought he could sell them to some dodgy Australian Asshole for about $500?

So a word of warning, buy at Auction from someone you can trust. If your buying before you see leave a 10% deposit and no more.You have to pay shipping and other duties so why not get a decent car? Don't get taken and end up with a junker.

It really pisses me off to think that my buddy was really excited about his new car then ended up disapointed. He doesnt have enough money to be ripped off on a car. So when some DICK says he can save you a bit of money on an import please think twice :(

Edited by raz0r$harP

Hi to anyone who reads this. I just saw a freinds two cars that he had ordered from ^%$^%& :( To say that they were disapointed would be a masive understatement!

Both cars came in damaged on nearly every panel. One would not even start. Both were modified in all the wrong ways, they were missing parts as well. How they got complianced and registered I don't even want to know.

In the past I have bought in cars of my own and only through a reputabe Auction group or buyer.

I'm not sure these two cars are indicative of all their imports but these cars were definatly NOT sourced from Auction.

I'm surprised they were not crushed in Japan but obviously a Japanese Wrecker maybe? thought he could sell them to some dodgy Australian Asshole for about $500?

So a word of warning, buy at Auction from someone you can trust. If your buying before you see leave a 10% deposit and no more.You have to pay shipping and other duties so why not get a decent car? Don't get taken and end up with a junker.

It really pisses me off to think that my buddy was really excited about his new car then ended up disapointed. He doesnt have enough money to be ripped off on a car. So when some DICK says he can save you a bit of money on an import please think twice :(

Edited by Lovechunks

Looks like you mate was too tight to pay the $250 to get the car mechanically inspected before payment was made. The importer in question doesn’t choose the cars for you, they give you the tools and options to choose what car you want. In the end it was your mate’s decision to choose those 2 cars.

Don’t talk crap about a reputable businesses that help a lot of people out.

Lol, i didnt pay to have my car inspected, and its fine :D

I chose it, with the importers help, they didnt tell me to buy it.

It ran perfectly the first time i started it before it had been complied, and the only stuff i got done was preventitive maintenance (timing belt, water pump etc) :D

I've had to edit the name of the buisness out as per forum rules, sorry. There is nothing more to this story. Some have obviously had good dealings with the company which is great. But having said that you can take the above as a cautionary tale, that not all dealings are perfect, far from it.

The person who bought these cars is a good honest person who picked two cars from $%$#%^'s contacts and was sold lemons. Not every buyer knows what they are doing and he may have been a little nieve but he was shown pictures and given a report on both vehicles while they were in Japan, he then handed over money and got crap!

So a word to the unwise. Be extremly carefull.

I insinuated that thats how much the car probably cost in Japan to buy from some dodgy dealer. Most cars this bad are crushed in Japan. When the 15 year old import rule came in some enterprising people dicided to keep a lot of bad cars that otherwise would have been crushed. Mx5's Celsior's R32's Rx7 etc. I know of a few that were for sale for around $500-$1000. Really cheap! They were then bought over here and sold for market value which was a decent profit.

The above friend payed very good money for his car and still got a lemon.

Why didnt you research on the business before buying a car??

Why don't you read the post before commenting??

Edited by Lovechunks

ahh from auction.. fair enough!!

lesson learnt for your friend then!! he must be very cut..

Only thing now to do is sell the parts and shell and get some money back that way..

Edited by siddr20

huh? what do you mean there's nothing more to the story, there's bugger all you've told us other than the cars were "crap"? What cars are they? What grade were they from auction? how much did they pay in yen? They may have paid bugger all and gotten what they paid for.

I have just spoken to a representative from #%^%#$# and am sending them pic's and details from both the cars. They seem eager to sort this mess out as am I. I probably shouldn't say anything else until they have seen what I'm complaining about, he seemed pretty nice on the phone. Will tell you how it turns out.

sell the parts off - get the money back - choose someone reputable like those that sponser SAU or buy one thats already here so your friends can test drive it and get it mechanically inspected