SAU Community

Which Is A Rev Happy Engine?

Which is a Rev Happy Engine?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hmm, ive got a 32gts-t. id hardly call the rb20det a 'rev happy' engine. i mean, it revs out ofcourse...but so does any car when u hammer it. as u mentiond White Thing, the honda vtecs are the rev happy ones....integra type R, nsx, s2000

it revs out ofcourse...but so does any car when u hammer it.

But it is its willingness to do so, the rb20det feels more than willing to rev and performs best above 3,000rpm, while a 3.8lt v6 commodore does not feel like it wants to rev and feels (and sounds) like it is bring brought close to its death whenever above 3,000rpm...

Edited by r32line

^^ yeh sim i know what ur saying, but my prelude i used to own was definalty a 'rev happy' engine. the needle would fly straight to redline effortlessly...i feel i have to push the 32 so much harder to get that needle round that guage.

in which way do you mean rev happy.. love BIG BIG revs reliable.. or revquick/torque/snappy and how come you put a bloody 2jzgte instead of rb26 >:rofl:

Yeah I agree, the rb2dett is more willing to rev than any of those engines in the poll.