SAU Community

Skylines South Australia Events

J_Red33

what about a day trip to KI!

im a little drunk so dont abuse me, but 30 lines boarding the ferry would be cool.

:)

i reckon thats a decent idea,

got some nice cruising roads on KI,

getting over there might be a tad pricey though... :w00t:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

i reckon thats a decent idea,

got some nice cruising roads on KI,

getting over there might be a tad pricey though... :P

I hate to be a party pooper but I'm not so keen on this 1. I've heard a few stories of late, if the seas a bit rough ur car moves around & there's no securing straps. Won't catch my line on that boat. Sorry guys

An ex-resident of KI told me, that in peak season the local hire car company gets a vehicle written off EVERY day, and most Adelaide companies specifically exclude KI from their insurance cover.

The roads are supposedly appalling, marble-like gravel everywhere, and very slippery. :s

An ex-resident of KI told me, that in peak season the local hire car company gets a vehicle written off EVERY day, and most Adelaide companies specifically exclude KI from their insurance cover.

The roads are supposedly appalling, marble-like gravel everywhere, and very slippery. :s

we arnt talking about going bush.

the main rd that follows the sea around the island is great.

lots of dead critters from night driving but during the day its fine.

it was just a suggestion, and i still think its better then driving to vic.

just emagine the vic highway police when they see 20 skylines with sa plates coming thru.

no thanks.

and the ferry's do have tie down points everywhere.

you only have to ask them and they will strap it down.

in a month or two it wont be a issue anyway. calm seas..

• 2 weeks later...

hey all, sounds like a plan seeings that i missed the last one.. Nice drive down victor way with bbq wouldnt go astray. dont worry all those bbq chefs i hear ya at all the bbqs i goto i end up cooking coz PEOPLE are just TOO FRICKEN LAZY to cook their own food :laugh: neither would a go kart gp i aint done that in ages.

we arnt talking about going bush.

the main rd that follows the sea around the island is great.

lots of dead critters from night driving but during the day its fine.

it was just a suggestion, and i still think its better then driving to vic.

just emagine the vic highway police when they see 20 skylines with sa plates coming thru.

no thanks.

and the ferry's do have tie down points everywhere.

you only have to ask them and they will strap it down.

in a month or two it wont be a issue anyway. calm seas..

I was just over on the island all last week, there aint no road that runs along the seaside, look at the attached map. There is a small section between Penishaw and American river but most(90%) of that strech you can't see s*** just trees. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome place but you have to be prepared to hit the dirt and possibly some natives to get to the good bits. Plus the ferry ride costs around $300 for 2 people and a car return, no BP Ultimate and it costs 30c/L more for regular unleaded.

It was pretty rough when we went over but no cars moved, just rocked on their suspension, if anything i'd be worried about salt sprey getting everywhere.

It's good fishing tho- fishies

kangarooislandmap.pdf

Edited by Race__24

Yeah a Triton sounds more appropriate. Sound like something more for a Patrols Australia Club :laugh:

Rough/Dirt roads, no premium & $300 just to get across = no go for me.

If I had an older skyline or something as a workhorse I'd consider taking that over.

Yeah a Triton sounds more appropriate. Sound like something more for a Patrols Australia Club :laugh:

Rough/Dirt roads, no premium & $300 just to get across = no go for me.

If I had an older skyline or something as a workhorse I'd consider taking that over.

yeah agreed cost is a big factor on things i do nowadays

• 2 weeks later...