SAU Community

Injectors

steves180

Hey everyone!

I will be after new injectors in the not to distant future, and i will want as must power out of them as you can get. Seeing as i have no idea on the topic i was wondering if you guys had any advice/experience on what to get, where to get it and who to install it.

Cheers

nismo 555cc injectors and a GCG hiflo plus other mods = 240rwkw at 60% duty cycle.

Must admit I didn't install the injectors, but as best I can tell they are nismo 555's. They are yellow top ones, the only mob that I can find that makes this colour is nismo, and the only size that is yellow is 555cc.

[Now I'll wait for ppl to tell me how wrong I am......lol].

I've got to get back to Ed and a dyno and tune for my nismo fuel pump [get rid of the walbro], hard intake, split dump and tomei cams. Soon I hope, but its all in the timing [pun intended....]

Don't listen to me...............I just found out my turbo is not a std one at all, I don't know what it is [a mongrel probably], all I know is that it came from japan on the car.........jeez I'd like to be living next to someone with a std so I can compare turbo's right about now!!!! Royston Vasey is a long way from anywhere!!!

give it to me :P maybe its a VG30 turbo ???

Don't listen to me...............I just found out my turbo is not a std one at all, I don't know what it is [a mongrel probably], all I know is that it came from japan on the car.........jeez I'd like to be living next to someone with a std so I can compare turbo's right about now!!!! Royston Vasey is a long way from anywhere!!!

post some photos i just had mine off so ill be able to compare for you.

Check out Croydon for injectors as well. They stock all the Denso injectors (Sard, Nismo, TRD etc... theyre all made by Denso) in a variety of sizes. They are fractionally more expensive than greenline/nengun but for the extra $100 or so you pay they will be here overnight.

And as a rule of thumb, 1cc of injector flow equates to 1hp at the crank (assuming you havent jacked up the fuel pressure).

Ask your mechanic, or read through the forced induction forum for R33 turbo results. What you want to avoid is way overfueling, and if you start doing that you could damage something real quick [besides your wallet..lol]. Overfueling washes the oil off your bore, contaminates your oil, and gases the car behind you.

If your doing a gradual build up then I'd go 555 [and you'll probably find you won't need any bigger], if you are pulling it all off the road and going gangbusters with the whole kit [forgies, biga$$ turbo, fmic, ecu, cams, etc etc etc] then 740's would be OK.

A lot of ppl are running with 555's and getting 250rwkw at around 60% duty cycle, so the system is no way maxed out. I'd think that 555's could handle close to 300 before they need upgrading.