SAU Community

98 R33 Gtr - Wot's It Worth?

WRRR

i just paid 26k for my 95 vspec 90000km basically stock. v good condition

given that i wouldnt pay more than low 30s for 98 and it would have to be awesome condition and very low km

any more and you could pick up an early model and have 10k for mods/rebuild/respray/restore whatever

Edited by arkon

do you save much money if you import one yourself?

i just depends what you are looking,

when you import you have a wider range which always help...

i found when i was looking at S3 R33 GTR, with around 50,000 to 80,000km on the clock and auction grade 4 (stock, or very little mods like exhuast or rims etc) that the cost is around 30 to 35k

but then again it depends how you are importing through etc, as they are alot of factors to look at.

ps i wont buy an r33 gtr unless it was a S3 >_<

1997 - 1998 R33 gtrs are still around the 1.8 - 2.2million yen to buy. Just under $35k would get you something good. I just bought one for a friend and its about 2 million yen inclusive of all the auction fees...etc. Works out to about $33k++.

Hey guys

Thanks for all the help.

Would seem the one I am considering looks ok in the low 30s.

RAWS complied, stock as, sub 60,000km.

Will get a workshop to go over it carefully.

Great forum. Thanks

WRRR

Hey guys

Many thanks again.

THE DEAL IS DONE - another 33 GTR heads west on a big truck.

All came up well at the workshop - compressions all 160-165, nice stock dyno outputs (just over 180 kW atw), Kakimoto 3" exhaust (need to replace the small cat though), even has the speed limiter still in place (how do I get rid of that?).

Panel man said all straight and honest.

Yehaaa!!!

Now for some 2560's, Power FC and Z32 AFM's. (Don't tell the missus though)

Cheers

Good price.

The guy I bought my 32GTR off wanted $26k, ended up paying $24k mid last year.....

thanks

i was stoked cause the car is in excellent condition cosmetically and mechanically , compression was all good , no accident damage , stock.

only issue was a hidious cheap 400r copy front bar . but theres no accounting for taste i guess

24 is a good price for a 32 . i looked at a whole heap and there wasnt many that were nice and some were getting close to 30k and were still crappy .

Hey guys

Many thanks again.

THE DEAL IS DONE - another 33 GTR heads west on a big truck.

All came up well at the workshop - compressions all 160-165, nice stock dyno outputs (just over 180 kW atw), Kakimoto 3" exhaust (need to replace the small cat though), even has the speed limiter still in place (how do I get rid of that?).

Panel man said all straight and honest.

Yehaaa!!!

Now for some 2560's, Power FC and Z32 AFM's. (Don't tell the missus though)

Cheers

when you go to your powerfc it will get rid of all cuts and limits from the stock ecu

try and get the power fc djetro . it uses map sensor instead of AFMs . Its about 300 ish more than normal power fc so you will save some cash over 2x z32 afms.

i have seen a guy get 330rwkw from just 2560s and powerfc (and exhaust ofcoarse)

Was looking at the Redbook and found this: NISS92BT HR32 GTR Coupe 2dr Man 5sp 4WD 2.6T and it worth like $110 000 when new, i didnt know GTR's came in single turbo versions and its worth more then the imported version or that a typo?

24 is a good price for a 32 . i looked at a whole heap and there wasnt many that were nice and some were getting close to 30k and were still crappy .

I guess, it did have a rebuild just before and a wih my current mods I might be able to get around $22k if I don't advertise here :yes:

But I want at least 400-420hp first.