G A M E O V E R (insert Coin)

thorpe84

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah damage looks fixable...but glad u walked away from it without a scratch...

But it still needs to be said...if you can't afford the insurance, you can't afford the car....nuffsaid!

What if your gf hit another car in the process?? a merc, beemer or porsche???....tht kinda debt could send you broke for life! have a think bout it....

dude I'll give you $1k for that no worries :)

I see a new contender for the "it'll buff right out award!".. (if only you were a paid member!)

Good to hear you're both alright, and it could have been worse, you could have written off a $50k+ car on your way past..

edit: ni5mo! jinx :)

i dont know much about panel beating or replacment of panels

is anyone on here a panel beater or could anyone recommend me to a panel beater in melbourne.

il post some more pics of the car, like i said im no expert but seriously the car is pretty f**ked

i payed $12,000 for it in may so if 7-9 grand coverd the work i might consider just so i could sell it and then get something else.

im guessing it would need to be panel beated, and a respray also the windscreen replaced and suspension is f**ked, also 2 tyres are gone, oh shit now that i think about it.....im screwd its gone

post-30005-1158846790.jpg

post-30005-1158846823.jpg

post-30005-1158846841.jpg

post-30005-1158846869.jpg

Edited by thorpe84

when i called up just cars, i got quoted 1900 for a VL, which i had bought for 1600.... but yeh, when i did the online quote i got exactly what the person on the phone told me

sucks to hear man... BUT cars can be replaced lives cant, at least you and your gf are alright.

and $3000 for a non turbo? :/

im 17, had a crash, a speeding fine, and its just over 2000 for an R32 GTR :P:rofl:

search around.... and next time, dont buy a car if you cant afford to maintain it, eg. insurance.

hope stuff starts to look up for ya though

i'm just glad you and your g/f are okay, it could have been alot worse...

at the end of the day, cars are replaceable... you and her aren't...

i say keep the wreck, and part out as much as you can, and then take the rest to either a wreckers, or simsmetal... at least that way you'll get a bit of money back (maybe 3 - 5k?)

the roof is shagged... its a write off...

Main thing is you and your mrs are ok.

Look, may be a tad early but if your gunna strip it i can add some funds to the cause :S theres some things im after for my r33... if you want to PM me...

Well depends... if the engine is still good they MAY consider fixing it. I remember few years ago I was hit from behind by a P plater doing around 90 KM/H on Maroondah Fwy (I stopped in time before the lights went red but he decided its ok to go through red and smash into me) I was in a VS Commodore wagon and the back was smashed pretty bad. The roof crumbled up in the back but otherwise the car was OK. We had a newly rebuilt engine. The RACV guys said cos the engine is "new" they will fix it... otherwise would of been a write off.

nagh!!! that's dead that car.

1. You have to catalog what useful secondhand part's right down to the scrap metal for the car you have and move them on Or

2. sell it as a complete wreck which will save you the headache of dealing parts :( and start a new strategy to get mobile again.

A car rolled like that with its crumple zones affected will only really be repaired if its a rarer type and the owner has no other options but to pay way more than its all worth to keep its identity.

Glad you and your le'fem are ok and dont worry plenty of others have have been in this situation

shite

bad luck son

good too see u walked away from it safely u and ur bird

guys with insurance it totaly depends where u live aswell

im 22 driving a 92' R32 GTS-T, no fines, no accidents, been driving for 4yrs,

and my insurance with just car is $2,500 i checked with shannons and there $2,580

mind u i live in western sydney, alot of crime and shootings in my area, car theft and torching of cars so this has really stuffd me up big time !!!

but mate, hope u find a positive out of all this.

P.S ur gf better be doing wateva u want her to do lol :(:D lol

good luck with everything

hope it goes well...

Well, I think a few lessons can be learned here:

1) get insurance

2) include the price of great tyres in the cost of the car.

3) don't let someone drive the car for the first time in the wet on the freeway. Especially if that person is used to driving something like a toyota echo where they have to plant it to accelerate to 100.

At least you are all OK. I know it really sucks, but you should be able to get some part dollars back.

bad luck..

everyone remember with insurance it takes into account a number of things - with the main ones being location and driving experience (you can be 60 on your red p's.. it'll cost you alot).. so unless you live next door to each other it's hard to compare insurance costs I reckon..

Good luck with getting some money out of it!!..

first i laughed - at the title - G A M E O V E R (insert Coin) :laugh:

then i cried - when i saw the damage pics - hand me a tissue. :(

now i've come to terms with it - and waiting for the parts available list. safc2??? :mellow: