SAU Community

Best Way To Launch Auto R33 Gts-t

past 40? im pretty sure its past 80 u put o/d on... before that it wont really do anything as far as i know. and if its on the drag strip. you dont really need o/d on neways.

and usually power button on gives a better launch.

past 40? im pretty sure its past 80 u put o/d on... before that it wont really do anything as far as i know. and if its on the drag strip. you dont really need o/d on neways.

and usually power button on gives a better launch.

Thats interesting with OD on... with it off the engine revs harder and uses the engine to brake. In the manual it says that OD on gives you a burst of speed... however if u trun that OD off going past 40 km/h it slows the car down... maybe better for accelerating but as far as cruising, definately on.

At our last Skyline/WRX drag day

I found it better with power button off..

Put it in second touch ya brake build ya rev up on green boot it flat..

Then around 400m in to drive..

leave o/d on... why?

because if you're on the throttle in first/second then its not going to be engaged anyway.. and when you finish the quarter you want to be able to drop into 4th to cruise back to the pits...

i also leave power off, as it comes on automatically anyway!

At our last Skyline/WRX drag day

I found it better with power button off..

Put it in second touch ya brake build ya rev up on green boot it flat..

Then around 400m in to drive..

hmm. might have to try that now

On my auto power is limited if the od is off or the shifter is in 1 or 2.

Stick it in D and left foot brake, bring up revs with right foot until it is at the point of moving. Lights change, left foot off brake while right foot goes to floor. Often with auto slightly feathering the throttle at about 3/4 will bring the best power.

Autos can be fun too :huh:

f**k yeah i love my auto!

The moment when the turbo spools up you have a freaking storm unleashed... back wheels blazing and the engine sound is amazing... :huh: Just need to get exhaust done some time in the future and set her free!

I've had my fastest run with the O/D off, POWER button on

left foot brake hard, gear at D (manual shifting was slower)

load the throttle to the point of moving (the RPM really depends on brakes, tyres, suspension, power, etc etc)

let go of the brake at the lights

Auto is in for paint job, so will soon be on the market as with all my cars except the GTR. Wife wants V35 350GT with 8 speed paddle shift. Mmmmmm more auto coolness :O

which one of ur cars was the auto? the black one?

sif 350GT. 350Z :laugh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yep, I was supprised. Its all about flow rather then housing size.  Doing G35-900 Vs ATR45SS-1 Next. 62mm V 61mm. 
    • Of course sometimes you cannot go with the cheaper alternative but I try to weigh it up for the application - am I competing or am I going to the track ten times p/yr. As long as there’s enough information out there to back the cheaper alternative as a good option I’ll go for that.   I’m a bit of a bastard though as it’s my job to reduce costs, particularly on non income generating assets. EUR 500 saved for the diff + EUR 1,000 saved on BC racing over Bilstein and then say EUR 300 versus EUR 600 on an off brand windscreen versus OEM (for example) soon accumulates. I mean, I’m probably gonna put the car in the ditch anyway. Absolutely do not take this as a justification for always buying cheap shitty parts, just a rationale for doing your research and considering what’s necessary for your application.    
    • All the above effort, time, swapping out parts in the dark (i.e. no O2 data). You're literally running in the dark.
    • Looks like both of my cars have pressure switch issues. The R32 GTR has 18 flashes on the ATTESSA controller which is "ETS pressure switch circuit". The 4WD light is intermittent, and often just restarting the car clears it. There is an $300 replacement option https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/285675135148?itmmeta=01HXN3YKRGKQ08GRZ5KFKKZWJT&hash=item428390a0ac:g:6CcAAOSwWxBltMEG so if it becomes a permanent issue and I can confirm that the switch is the issue, i have a solution. The NM35 is reporting C1208, and disconnecting the switch causes the 4WD light to go away. Translating from the Japanese shop manual "when the pressure is reduced to 2.6MPa (377 psi) or less: conduction occurs when the pressure increases to 3.8MPa (550 psi) or less: conduction is present. Reference: • Immediately after the E-TS actuator motor stops, the pressure inside the accumulator is high and there is no continuity." Not sure how good the translation is but from what i can deduce this means the switch is normally closed (NC) and as the pressure builds from 0 to 550 psi the switch stays closed, then opens and 550 psi. As the pressure drops from 550 psi to 377 psi the switch stays open then closes again at 377 psi. Is that how these things work? These pressures are a lot higher than the R32 ("control pressure 0-228 psi") but i'm hoping i can find a generic switch (like they've done for the R32) to use as a replacement. Maybe something like https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/355586397452?epid=1676016964&itmmeta=01HXN534AF22ACTG6TGDDQGEQ7&hash=item52ca99d50c:g:mAEAAOSw8ilmBcMh&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8LtWdNlWHgyJ%2F3cbw25S2A1lde3qBi3fJii4T3lQavCz4kpqiD42SmBa4FocMvXCjcxiowHjb8vZ8%2BWxc53BkHv781tkStSnCDaenfGKC3bIp0keK20dfsn9LoPa3TfqaEmAydqqyKobgTdXsGGzsl%2BRjOVGuD8OIpOv%2B0wMl7aUtHg0iJtojbtzA%2BRS8Xfm8Ufjuvz4niwrqglAXFUbkL6J%2FGuHPeeECZhLBBN3iNM1Swl94Fv5zE95YK%2B5O6dxDN1ySNOjdMxkA8yaprbuwRHFQv1nlGh%2FWjekj6EUFR2%2FO4HTsoKtSAkY0Mj1w1uf1w%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6zFjKXtYw but with a lower close pressure, and thread adapter if required. Am i dreaming?