SAU Community

Stock Rb25det Fuel Economy?

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Time for a modern ECU with wideband O2 and closed loop O2 strategy.

Do you have any numbers on how much of a difference it makes? I would think driving style makes the big difference for fuel economy but that's just gut feeling.

I would also like to think that as long as the setup is healthy for the engine, good fuel economy is really not a goal for cars like this. Or maybe that's how I justify it for the wagon. I also blame turbo noises and the exhaust going brpbrpbrp when letting off the throttle at higher rpm in lower gears.

Staff at the gas station are always very welcoming. I'm probably financing their kids' education.

Getting fuel more often also seem to make it hurt less. For whatever reason spending $60 on half a tank feels very different from spending $120 for a full tank.

2 hours ago, soviet_merlin said:

Do you have any numbers on how much of a difference it makes? I would think driving style makes the big difference for fuel economy but that's just gut feeling.

Just driving around town normally, which involves being on boost as often as possible without driving like a dick, I get around 10L/100KM on 98. I'm running a Haltech pro plug in, ID1050X injectors, 60mm turbo. 

Fuel map is what you'd expect to find with one difference, the very very low load areas (think like 1% or 2% open throttle) I run those parts of the map quite lean, around 16AFR. Oh and the idle is set to about 600 rpm. 

To answer your question, about 30% saved on fuel?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soviet_merlin said:

no back to back numbers, however with wideband 02 closed loop, you're always correcting fuel regardless of the load you're at (depending on how you've set the closed loop strategy to work) not to mention the rate of change/correction is much faster than say a PowerFC or stock ECU.

Also with an aftermarket ECU you can command you cruise at say 15.2:1 instead of 14.7:1.. instant fuel savings there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I couldn't get this to work right, New clean IACV, coolant seems to flow and solenoid functions, but again as soon as I plug it in the idle raises, I ran the car for a good 1/2 hour messing around with various things it, no vac leaks. At one point with the IACV plugged in I was able with the adjustment in the side of IACV turned all the way in get it idle down a little to around 1000, but no lower, and it would surge, I unplugged the IACV engine rpms drop to about 350, turned the adjustment about 3 turns in , set idle to around 800 rpms' and it idles smooth. I set the idle stop screw abut the same so it cant drop below under load. the engine starts, restarts, with no load or with a load seems to run fine. I will have to leave it like this for now as I cant get it to function correctly with the IACV plugged in. One other thing I discovered that might be the reason for some of the issues, the engine in the car is a RB25det neo from a Stagea along with the Stagea ECU. so alot of wiring, plumbing etc that is typically there in a R34 is not. 
    • Hi all, Trying to seek some assistance with my issue. I'm currently doing a complete overhaul of my suspension / driveline, on my r33 gtr and have completed stripped down the front assembly. I had purchased a new pair of front knuckles (the painted silver ones in the pictured) They were advertised by the shop aswell as other retailers online to be compatible with the entire 4wd R chassis, however when trying to fit the new pair, they don't line up with the ball joints (from the lower control arm) and the steering tie rod.  The other knuckle pictured is what came off the car, everything fits up to it perfectly, however I've been unable to figure what variant they are from originally.
    • What would be the best off set on 18" rims for these settings   
    • Hi all, I have a 2006 Skyline 350GT SP Sedan with Bose and Nav. Took the dash apart to replace the leather as it was cracking. After installing everything back I have two issues. Horn stopped working and the Nav is showing a blank screen. Screen turns on but does not display anything. Climate control works perfectly and the steering wheel controls work too. Reverse camera and mirror camera work, can hear the radio working and can control it. I tried unplugging everything and plugging back twice but still blank display. There are a few cables that I could not plug anywhere so not sure what i'm missing here.
    • Oh, ha, the ol 'on ramp tune'! I did give it a bit though, lots of hills where I am.