SAU Community

Stock Rb25det Fuel Economy?

This must have been covered heaps, but I cant find anything on it......

With my RB25det VL, I get about 400km from the 50L tank

sooo, 12.5L/100kms

And I get about 500kms in highway driving........... 10L/100kms

The thing is though, I have a really low diff ratio...... 3.08s!

I need to put 4.11s on, because thats whats stock RB25det powered skyline have right?

So I was wondering whats the fuel economy for stock RB25det powered skylines, is it much different from what I'm getting now?

My engine revs at 2000rpm going 110km/h on the highway, but I know normal Skylines rev at about 2900rpm...

I mightput 3.9s on maybe?

Mate that is pretty good fuel economy..

My car is fairly standard (just exhaust) and I get about 15-16L/p100kms around town and hwy driving is a little better at 13-14l/p100kms

Diff ratio is like 4.3089 or something like that....

sooo, 12.5L/100kms

I need to put 4.11s on, because thats whats stock RB25det powered skyline have right?

So I was wondering whats the fuel economy for stock RB25det powered skylines, is it much different from what I'm getting now?

My engine revs at 2000rpm going 110km/h on the highway, but I know normal Skylines rev at about 2900rpm...

sooo, 12.5L/100kms

Car is stock I get around 420-450 out of my tank thats 65 litres. Its about 14.5 litres per 100 KM on average, also booting it every now and then.

On highway offcourse I get closer to 11-12 litres per 100 Km.

Also BP ultimate seems to last longer.

As for revs, mines auto and I get around 2.6K revs at around 100 Kms and closer to 2.9 K when 110 km/h.

That is pretty good....

I would be lucky to get that if i tried really hard....

FOund that i use more fuel with BP ultimate (was using mobil 95)

Car is stock I get around 420-450 out of my tank thats 65 litres. Its about 14.5 litres per 100 KM on average, also booting it every now and then.

On highway offcourse I get closer to 11-12 litres per 100 Km.

Also BP ultimate seems to last longer.

As for revs, mines auto and I get around 2.6K revs at around 100 Kms and closer to 2.9 K when 110 km/h.

That is pretty good....

I would be lucky to get that if i tried really hard....

FOund that i use more fuel with BP ultimate (was using mobil 95)

I can reach 480-500 Kms if I really pushed my car to the edge, it would probably come close to fully depleting my tank. Ive never tried, but the most I got out of my tank before petrol light came on (10-15 litres left) was around 460 Kms. So yeah pretty happy.

You should really use 98 PULP fuels... 95 is not good enough.

I can reach 480-500 Kms if I really pushed my car to the edge, it would probably come close to fully depleting my tank. Ive never tried, but the most I got out of my tank before petrol light came on (10-15 litres left) was around 460 Kms. So yeah pretty happy.

i get about that from using 7/8ths of a tank, the standard diff ratio on a r33 is 3.79:1 btw, i use ultimate fuel, and drive 50/50 highway/city :(

Yeah I only use 98 now.....

car runs better but the fuel economy is not as good....[

quote name=Sir-D' date='3 Oct 2006, 04:07 PM' post='2549408]

Yeah I only use 98 now.....

car runs better but the fuel economy is not as good....[

quote name=Sir-D' date='3 Oct 2006, 04:07 PM' post='2549408]

Check your o2 sensor...

sooo, 12.5L/100kms

33's have a 4.11 and rev at 2700 at 100km, another overdrive gear to put the revs back to 2000 would be great. I think 4.11 is perfect for the R33 in terms of performance but its a bit anoying on how how they rev at 100 ks. Unless I really drove like a nanna on the highway id never get 10L/100kms.

Hmm mines about 12.5L/100km. I calculate it everytime I fill up by seeing how many litres it takes and how many kms I've done. I thought it was pretty high but I guess its not too bad then?

Hmm mines about 12.5L/100km. I calculate it everytime I fill up by seeing how many litres it takes and how many kms I've done. I thought it was pretty high but I guess its not too bad then?

that's pretty good mate

My Stagea S2 (rb25det neo - same as r34) is 1658kg compared to ya skylines (1400kg or less) so I'd expect the fuel economy to be worse.

Stock, the stagea did about 13.5L/100km city driving and 10.7L/100km on the highway.

Fit an SAFC or equivalent unit and these numbers will drop (the rb's run fairly rich from the factory).

Some guys have seen about 12.5L/100km in the city by installing a SAFC2 and exhaust.

I now have 3" exhaust, apexi air filter, and GT30 turbo and 10psi boost. Lots better response and performance than stock, and so far economy appears similar but it runs very rich. I have an safc ready to be fitted and tuned so that should help the fuel economy a lot - and will even squeeze more performance out due to it running more efficient.

:laugh:

My Stagea S2 (rb25det neo - same as r34) is 1658kg compared to ya skylines (1400kg or less) so I'd expect the fuel economy to be worse.

Stock, the stagea did about 13.5L/100km city driving and 10.7L/100km on the highway.

Fit an SAFC or equivalent unit and these numbers will drop (the rb's run fairly rich from the factory).

Some guys have seen about 12.5L/100km in the city by installing a SAFC2 and exhaust.

I now have 3" exhaust, apexi air filter, and GT30 turbo and 10psi boost. Lots better response and performance than stock, and so far economy appears similar but it runs very rich. I have an safc ready to be fitted and tuned so that should help the fuel economy a lot - and will even squeeze more performance out due to it running more efficient.

:happy:

Cool

thanks for the advice

• 16 years later...