SAU Community

What is it with Holden drivers?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmmmmmmm great read. wont win/change nothing cuase bogans will be bogans and P platers will still be trying to prove to the world they can drive and beat everything on the road.

What everyone should do is jump outta their cars and run the 100m on foot. Now how fast can you run in your package?

me I could do the 100m in 13s back in year 8/9

2cents

we love u summoner even though ur a bogan!! HAHAHHA .. i like your idea bangahh !!!! i wonder what people would be running now in their 20's , high 20's ... something like hight 19's?? hahahahaa i reckon i can still do 14's :spank:

I was talking to a mate who said that the GTSt "should" (as in only just on a goog day) be able to beat his V6 VR...

"Dude it is a VEEE 6, remember the jap tin is only a 4 banger"

Man it's a 2.5 litre 6.

"2.5 ha ha, may as well be a 4"

It has around 50more kw than your VEEE 6 even when standard and it weighs about 200kg less.

"but its not even a VEEE"

Ok hoden V6s are great...

Holden V6 commos are the slowest POS on the road. I toast them on a regular basis in my near stock R31. To compare them to a R33 GTSt is... well I can't think of a word to describe it.

All i have to say is that V8's are cheap power! throw out all the technology developed by the Japs and implemented into the Skyline and just chuck on another 2 cylinders 'and she'll be right mate'. Thats how these guys think anyway. They don't realise that the technology in Crapodore v8 engines hasnt changed that much at all since the first monaro was released back when 'bazza was knee high to a grasshopper' haha. Japanese cars however have revolutionised the way engines and performance cars are made with up to date technology implemented in every model released. Plus VT's and VX's look like stretched out 121's! =P

... sorry gang, im with Revhead. Some of you guys should sit back and read what you are posting.

I recall a quote from Fight Club "You are not the car you own" so what you drive an import, are we the modern knights of the round table or something, who set forth to vanquish our V8 foe. (Vanquish there a V8 id own)

All my bad experiences come from S13/14 owners, then the occasional R33. They have a turbo and a BOV, so there car must have 1000hp at the wheels. Bothers me when they hook up 2nd gear thru pedestrian crossings thinking this impresses me.

Ive noticed alot of the bogan V8 talk comes from states other then NSW. You should try Sydney roads! Attitude galore, piss poor at that.

In sydney all the idiots seem to be driving imports (read again idiots drive imports, NOT import drivers are idiots) and i can only laugh as many of them give me death stares as they gas their RB/SR etc etc. They think they are road warriors/ninjas/jedis whatever your fancy and because they can rev and dump off the lights they are the stuff that comic books are made from.

Also i dont think that anyone who has owned a V8 would claim they are cheap power. As a former owner of a 427 Chev, they are not cheap engines to build, nor run etc. But that said my old Chev was one sweet sounding cruiser.

If you are going to throw around the cheap power mantra, then it would have to stick with us import owners. Our cars are bought at auction cheaply, and often modified with 2nd parts. I think us import guys are the ones chasing cheap power, and why not.

Reading this makes me feel old and im only 26.

yes all the time, i love the fact that my $8000-$10000 31 no only beats the $40-$60000 hsv or what ever, but from all the dunny doors i've raced, only one has given me shit

rob

my folks are HSV freaks - i was brought up in a Holden Shrine - they have 2 VX clubbies. But yeah even my oldies have an attitude problem .... more my mum than my dad ..... that holdens are the ultimate car - it can chop anything on the road :) yet she wont take me on - im itching for the chance to bring down the egos in this house. My dad secretly loves my car - he calls it jap-crap to my face but ive heard him brag about it plenty of times - grabs it at ever chance - so that must say something!!!

But as someone said dickheads drive all kinds of cars not just holdens!

Guest hoon69

i dont think it's cool ,to be saying Holden drivers,would of been better to of said this one idiot driving a holden,as its not all holden fella's that act like this...i aint one to say nissan is superior to holden as i have seen many a car leave skylines for dead and vice versa..

its not cool to race on any public road especially one with curves,never know whats coming up and what hazards you might run into... i own a ford and i own a nissan so im not fussed,them plates are your No1 reason you get that sort of ppl acting like that,abit like the hsv with IH8WRX and GTRSUX ppl aim to be targets with that on their plates,and your plate was the factor to the abuse,you'd see many a skyline fan say the same if the tables were turned..every car gets bagged on by competitors thats why its best to stick to the track and make em eat their words by kicking their arses that way..

just my oppinion..L8R

Ok time for me to respond seeing as though i started this....

I wrote this post as it was the last straw. Every day that i am out on the roads i see the arrogance of Holden drivers. My dad drives a Holden and i wouldnt say he falls into this category but it's easier to generalise than it is to specificially pin-point every offending Holden driver.

Yes there are dickheads that drive all sorts of cars even my beloved Fords but not to the extent that i see young punks in Holdens. At least in my area (northern sydney) and in my world it is Holden drivers who think they're Mark Skaife at every turn and who burn past you at 100km/h only to be stopped by the red light 50m ahead...

As for my number plates.... glad to see i my photoshop talents are improving.

As for my street racing.... like i say this was my first proper run (i dont make a habit of it) and it was on a dual carriage way (i.e. no oncoming traffic - all one way - the other lanes separated by a mountain).

But anyway thanks for the replies guys, some interesting responses!!!

Don't you lot understand, Holden drivers own the f*cking road. THEY OWN THE F8CKING ROAD !!!!!! That's why they dont signal,they don't give way, they don't look when changing lanes, they NEVER get out of the fast lane even when going 10 k's under the limit: They dont have to THEY OWN THE F*CKING ROAD !!!!!

just checked the RTA NSW website ; plates HSVSUK are available! Just gotta convince the wife its worth $380 a year. We had a brand new holden in 2000, had to be towed to the dealer in 2002 clutch slave shit itself. Arrogant prick dealer wouldn't even give me a lift home! So having a $40,000 car doesnt mean you dont have to catch a train. I like V8's but I wouldnt touch a Holden with a barge pole now

own the road?

I drive a volvo/holden v8 the ultimate road tank.

Broken,

I'd rather be driving a $10k car that drives well and use the spare $30k for something enjoyable than drive a $40k piece of poo.

haha, BigAl, u sound like my type of guy!

i say down with all holden's and their owners!

except maybe vl's, at least they're powered by the proper stuff! hmm. isn't that ironic, the mighty flagship of the holden range once had to be powered by a nissan engine to give it any form of credibility!

Originally posted by rev210

Broken,

I'd rather be driving a $10k car that drives well and use the spare $30k for something enjoyable than drive a $40k piece of poo.

yeah, each to there own. it just annoys me about this whole anti holden/ford/nissan/whatever attitude that some people suffer from.

its a only a car after all.

having said that, my skyline is the best car in the world.

so there.