SAU Community

Put A R34 Gtt Exhaust On My N/a 33

naga

changed my muffler yesterday to the nismo r34 gtt one and i kept the stock 2.25" piping.

geezus chris this thing is loud i dunno why everyone is saying it's silent.

here's a soundclip

http://www.asean.net.au/pri/rev3.mp3

is it really loud because it's designed for turbo cars??

has anyone heard a louder n/a exhuast before??

lol i'm now scared to drive my car! i gotta look into quietening it now.

20061021_1708.jpg

20061021_1707.jpg

It didnt seem that loud.

So i turned up the volume.

haha hm i spose you can't tell on the sound clip stupid of me.

but yer it's so loud i'm scared to drive haha!

you'd struggle to have a conversation in the car.

meh, that's not that loud. Lol.

You've still got the centre muffler right? and the 2.25" piping? that's about as quite as it can get.

The only possibility is to add another muffler - but you still have the centre one. Furthermore, why add another one, if basically what you did, was fit a louder one to the end. It defeats the purpose.

If you like it soft, maybe put the stock one back on?

My car has 3.5" piping all the way through (it is a gtst) with no mufflers. Only a cannon at the end, but that has a piece of pipe through the middle. I don't find it that loud.

as above, does it still have the centre muffler?

and a turbo car is quieter than a n/a car. you may have to get the centre muffler changed to a different type to quieten it down if you think its too loud.

dude i had that muffler before and it was almost dead quiet! that is a very quiet and restrictive muffler. I moved onto a kakimoto (which I have for sale) which is just as quiet, then onto a fujitsubo.

Out of all, Id say its the quietest, very weird that you say its loud.

Perhaps the muffler was gutted out? have a look inside maybe.

Must be the rest of my exhaust system i dunno.

Sounded cool though the sounds echo off all the buildings.

Anyway today i took out my piece of wire holding the valve open in "sport" mode so it's closed in "silent" mode now. It's still pretty loud though but bearable now. I think i'll just leave it like that oh well.

While i was closing back the valve on the exhaust i discovered i think the r33 has its own electronic actuator for contrlling the muffler. I'm thinking of wiring that up to my new muffler and running a switch to cabin to switch from beast/normal mode would be cool.

• 3 weeks later...

If it's off a GTT then of course it'll be louder, the exhaust wheel in the turbo muffles the engine somewhat, so a less muffle-etic (i doubt that's a word but meh) muffler can be used to lessen airflow restrictions. Put that into an NA system and it's gonna be much noisier becuase you don't have that impeller wheel to mute your engine, and a less substantial muffler too. I went through the same thing when i accidently bought a turbo-spec stainless job, the noise was unbearable until i learnt how to control it.

"loudness" is a matter of opinion...

remember that most on these forums like cars and like loud exhausts. so somethin that most of the public would call "loud" will generalyl be called "soft" on the forums

i think my exhaust is nice but i tink many would call it "soft" rathe than "loud"

"loudness" is a matter of opinion...

Too true.

I have a 3" catback system on my N/A 33 with twin 3" mufflers and tips, and well... that is certainly loud.... but I love it. It's pretty hard to tell from that sound clip, but i would be guessing mine is probably louder. I frequently set off car alarms just by driving past in the carpark at uni (actually, i think it's an R32 skyline that i set off most days :laugh: wonder if it's someone from here...).

I don't really think of it as excessively loud, but most of the public would. And until I'm EPA'd I will be keeping it just as loud as it is :no:

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently put a R33 gtr exhaust on my R33 RB20E and it is a bit louder, and I have a decat on also. But if you you stay N/A and want a little more power this is the trade off. this addition has made my ride a little more

respectful on the road as I can get people off the line and to the next light. My top end is a little better I'm happy for now until I get a gtst.

Edited by Asphalt Jet