SAU Community

Mackay, Qld, Australia

The Mafia

i was going to do that but i get a little nervous about paying for shit online without physically speaking to someone. I made it clear to the chick at the florist i'd be ropable if the flowers didn't get there in time lol.

$100 for a big f*ck off bunch of flowers and a note. Let's hope it's actually a good amount of flowers not like 3..

that's what Coz said from Conceptz. he said give it 500 miles then contact him again. I also asked him to contact the supplier for me, he's usually very helpful so i'll leave it for him to do for me. Is it possible the system wasn't bled correctly or something? there's brand new clutch fluid in there. I'm just trying to account for everything and narrow down to what the issue could be. Fingers crossed it's not a faulty clutch, Coz has never heard of this sound coming from the southbend clutch/flywheel setup. I guess time will tell!

Ok so bit of an update on this issue i'm having-

Took the car back to Leon and got it back on the hoist. Got in it and went through the gears whilst i was in the air, went through all the gears and started hearing a fair bit of rattle once the car got under more load. 40km/h in 6th gear the noise was horrible, coming straight from inside the gearbox.

Leon says to give it a few hundred more km's and if nothing changes i need to speak to Coz about it. We pulled a bit of gear oil out looking for steel shavings, put a magnet in the small amount of oil we dropped and pulled out next to nothing. Probably the little bits were from the new synchro's meshing together.

Apparently, Leon has had plenty of cars up on the hoist doing the same thing as what we did going through the gears troubleshooting listening for noises and has never heard this happening before.

I guess i will drive it for a few hundred more km's, then change out the oil ($120 down the drain) for a thicker mix. Amsoil is very light, maybe the car doesn't like it. Then go from there, Leon thinks it's a gearbox bearing. We'll see!

Also i have a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty on the gearbox, i spoke to Coz this morning and he strongly thinks it's not the gearbox.. wtf can it be!?

Sounds a bit bearing related. Was the gearbox straight out of a wrecked V35 or something along those lines or rebuilt etc?

If it performs without issues and came out of a wrecked car without being touched then its a bit interesting. If it has been rebuilt etc then it could very well be something failing if the person who rebuilt it has done something wrong.

Synchro rings are usually made out of brass so if the metal had a gold look to it then thats probably all it is and like you said probably just normal wear in.

So went for a bit of a drive out to the harbour today because I thought I'd finally get off my ass and get back into photography. Some say wet weather is Sh.it but I really like taking photos in weather like this. Got Gifted a model at the harbour to :)

8484087189_0ee8865973_c.jpg
IMG_3886 by 89CAL, on Flickr

And tried some long exposure photos to get the water crashing on the rocks looking cool, but I dont have enough dark filters to make it work with the amount of light that was still out. But oh well you get the idea:

8484085485_ce8ecee213_c.jpg
IMG_3917 by 89CAL, on Flickr

Cal, gearbox is a brand spanker CD009 (From the 06-07 v35/350z's) straight from Conceptz performance in the US which originally came direct from Nissan.. Coz thinks it's very very unlikely it's the gearbox. I'm gonna drive it for a few hundred more km's and hope it goes away, if not i'll change out the gear oil for genuine Nissan stuff hopefully it does something for it.

Nice shots too by the way, that's a massive ship..

Ahh ok. yeah shouldnt be a box issue then. Who recommended the Amsoil?

Can you pull the boot for the clutch fork aside and feel around inside the bellhousing for some bits of clutch (wether its major bits, which I think is unlikely, or just some dust from the clutch)

Seems a bit odd for a new box

yep already done that, Leon pulled it off and had a look inside everything seems fine. I wonder if it's a combination of the clutch breaking in and the wrong gear oil maybe? Well alot of the guys in the US spoke very highly of Amsoil and reckoned it was great on these cars but Leon says it's too thin and not very good..

Very odd indeed lol.

I'd go a different oil man. Have you talked to the V35 guys on here to see what oil they use?

I've used Castrol with no issues, even used ATF for fun (because it was free) and that even wasnt all that bad. But the Redline shockproof so far is very good. I shouldnt have to use it because I've rebuilt the box, but I think the box has an issue with one of the gear sets because I still have alot of play in 5th on and off throttle.

Anyway. I wouldnt expect the oil to be causing that much drama but worth a try I guess

yeah they all say the same thing, i can't work out why so many people would say Amsoil is the shit then it turns out it just is shit..

By the way, where can i source genuine nissan mt fluid from? I've spoken to nissan in town, they have nothing that can help me. Spoke to Moorooka nissan down brissy way and they said nissan only sells it in a 20L drum which is $200. i don't really want to spend that much just on gear oil but if i can't get the genuine stuff any other way it probably wouldn't be a half bad idea..

haha nevermind just found a killer deal on eBay for exactly what i need from OCinfiniti in the US. $8.95 per quart and i only need 4. Cheapest gear oil i've ever seen!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271104958963?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

Edited by Seano350GT

$21 shipping?

Not sure, waiting for supplied to inbox me with a total cost shipped i'd imagine it will be cheap though.

Why do you want genuine Nissan Oil?

Supposedly it's the best stuff to use. Did a bit of reading turns out people have issues when you use non genuine gear oil, not sure why but it's cheap so i'll give it a go when i reach 500km driven on the new box.

bit quiet in here! anyone else heading to TNT on Friday night? Will more than likely give my car a run, just a little suss on this clutch issue. Hopefully i get my gear oil before then and i can change it over and see if it fixes anything.