SAU Community

Alarm Comparison

PeNT

Hi all,

Just got my hands on a R33. Looking out for an alarm + immobiliser for insurance and peace of mind. Have read through fourms and spoke to couple of guys.

Narrowed it down to three. Need suggestions, because everyone I spoke to has differing opinions on which is best.

I am trying to get a feel for quality and features and feedback from users. I am in Sydney.

Mongoose M80G

Autowatch 446

Anti-theft A2000K

I am planning to have shock, ultrasonics and possibly tilt sensors + piezeo. Don’t think I’ll need glass breakage if I have above.

I have a Greddy Turbo Timer which I might rip out anyway and am not too fussed if I end up having one at all. The Autowatch and A2000K have them built in anyway.

The A2000K seems to be the most feature rich but am I am leaning toward it but am not sure of the quality. I have never heard of it before but I am told its is being used by Quicktrack.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated. Want to get it in quickly before car gets stolen.

Hi all,

Just got my hands on a R33. Looking out for an alarm + immobiliser for insurance and peace of mind. Have read through fourms and spoke to couple of guys.

Narrowed it down to three. Need suggestions, because everyone I spoke to has differing opinions on which is best.

I am trying to get a feel for quality and features and feedback from users. I am in Sydney.

Mongoose M80G

Autowatch 446

Anti-theft A2000K

I am planning to have shock, ultrasonics and possibly tilt sensors + piezeo. Don’t think I’ll need glass breakage if I have above.

I have a Greddy Turbo Timer which I might rip out anyway and am not too fussed if I end up having one at all. The Autowatch and A2000K have them built in anyway.

The A2000K seems to be the most feature rich but am I am leaning toward it but am not sure of the quality. I have never heard of it before but I am told its is being used by Quicktrack.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated. Want to get it in quickly before car gets stolen.

If it is quality you are looking for do not look at Antitheft. I can't even begin to tell you about all the problems that have occured with them. Let's just say Ford use them and some of their cars caught on fire! And on a security level they are easier to by-pass and to get inside the main module you can break it open with one finger or just chew through the "security housing" ........not good! Mongoose is a little better but Autowatch has never let me down.

I'll second that. for the autowatch the 446 does not do a timer. the 456 does. as for mongoose - I'm a fan of it . never had problems with it (nor autowatch - sell both)

glass break I would do and leave the U/sonics out. they do tend to false.

since you are in sydney have a chat to security in motion (daniel R34) and be specific with want you want. from there he can sort you out. STEER WELL CLEAR of the antitheft item for reasons stated above.

(if you are looking on NS.com - dont bother. it may seem like a good deal until it dies. I also have had a LOT of problems with antitheft units dying for no reason.

I'll second that. for the autowatch the 446 does not do a timer. the 456 does. as for mongoose - I'm a fan of it . never had problems with it (nor autowatch - sell both)

glass break I would do and leave the U/sonics out. they do tend to false.

since you are in sydney have a chat to security in motion (daniel R34) and be specific with want you want. from there he can sort you out. STEER WELL CLEAR of the antitheft item for reasons stated above.

(if you are looking on NS.com - dont bother. it may seem like a good deal until it dies. I also have had a LOT of problems with antitheft units dying for no reason.

Edited by mlt15e

viper isnt australian standards so if your car is ripped with it in i doubt your insurance will give you much love. needs to have all black wires to be approved

in the case of the 791 - correct. int h case of the 460 or 480 - no. those are thatcham alarms and that code is stricter than the oz stds items.

Another happy Autowatch 446 owner here its never gave me any problems

A happy Autowatch 456RLI owner here.

Big bright blue LED flashing away - bright enough that I've used it instead of the curtesy light before now.

Quiet chirps - not noisy horn honks when arming etc. That keeps the neighbours happy.

An alarm tha build in volume, so you don't go deaf when you accidentaly set it off.

Inbuilt TT - not adjustable though so it always runs for 90 seconds, but you can over-ride it with the remote.

NO autolocking or auto-alarming, but it DOES autoimmobilise.

Glass breakage, but not "knock" so it doesn't go off when cats jump on the car etc.

Given that I didn't want an alram at all (I just wanted a remote immobiliser), I've been very pleased with it.