SAU Community

Buddy Club Or Tein Coilovers

Onthehunt

my bro has tein super streets in his r33, i have buddy club N+ in my r34.

I have to say i prefer the buddy club, just the overall ride and feel.

Also, for anyone that is interested in really slamming their cars, teins height adjustmant is NOWHERE near as good as the buddy clubs. My bro has his on the lowest setting on the teins and its only just lower enough for my likings, my wheels are in my guards and i could lower it another 5 inchs if i wanted haha

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to all my name is Dave i am relatively new to the forum i own a R32 GTR and have enjoyed all the feedback you guys have given each other i am looking to replace my factory gtr shocks etc with some coilover units and have been told that the TEIN FLEX are a great imbetween coil over for street and track use and have alot of ride height adjustment.

Does anyone here have any feedback on these and what are they comparable to the buddy range if possible please.

Cheers,

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

Dave I've heard nothing but good things from the Tein Flex. It's old now though and will be (if not already) discontinued I think, being replaced by the newer Monoflex.

The Tein Flex is more on par with Buddy club's Racing Spec Damper but it's more expensive. Buddy club's N+ is more in line with Tein Super Streets but has all the features of the Tein Flex and it's also cheaper than the Super Streets and a lot cheaper than the Flex. Since Buddy club is in Australia now, you get a 2 year replacement warranty which means that if you were to break your suspension, they would replace it (ie: not just fix it).

If you were going to make a track beast I'd go the Buddy club Racing Spec Damper or Tein Super Racing or Tein RA (also now discontinued). If you want to keep it fine on the street, but also great fo rthe occassional track day I'd go with either the Buddy club N+ or Tein Monoflex (Or old Tein Flex) but I'd not even consider the Super Streets as they're just too soft (in my opinion of-course) for the R32 GT-R.

PS: I run Tein RS on my GT-R. I did have the complete Whiteline Works package on there before, with Bilsteins and adjustable sways, and found the whole Whiteline set-up ridiculously crap!!! Too hard on street (just was not right, rebound was all wrong) and way too soft for track?!

Edited by justinfox

Rather then look at different brands, i would ask what dollars do you have to spend. I kind of think that good suspension is good suspension, whether your car is for the street of for the track. Unless you run slicks and have a very stiff chassis then i dont think you really need to run the sort of spring rate that will maek the car horrible on the street. Thing is you need to be sure the shocks can handle the spring you throw at them. A friend has Ohlins with very high spring rates in them and the thing drives veru nicely on inner Melbourne streets.

Liek anything, rather then realying on the opinion of forum members, get your bum into as many cars as you can and sample as many different suspension setups as possible. You may like what others dont like...and vice versa

Cant use EDFC on the Buddyclub can you? :) haha

Ive been wondering what to choose for my R33 since before i got it!

Think after reading this ill go for the buddyclub.

Undecided on if i will go for the N+ ir the Racing Spec Damper... I like a bit of track use.. and like Aus, NZ roads are god dam hopeless with hard spring rates.

• 2 weeks later...
Buddy Club and TEIN are getting top marks in this thread, but how do some of the other makes compare??

Such as GReddy? HKS? D2? Koni? Has anyone got these on their Skylines and are they much chop??

Nearly everyone i know with D2's in any car complain that the spring rates are faaaaar to hard. Especially on Aus and NZ roads

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. My front R-Tunes are totally wacked though no oil leak but has a lot of noises.

Someone pointed to this BC Racing suspension from Taiwan. Since they have a dealer not far from where im at, hope for some feedback from any forumers who has tried them on a R34GTT. If you google it, there is quite a number of forum website that gave some good reviews especially the Subaru's. The are bang for buck suspension setup.

http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/

http://www.bcec.com.tw/index.htm

either BC or Tein cant go wrong i think. Bang for buck, BC. Where can i buy buddy club N+ in WA or to WA? importmonster have the junior spec for 34s for $2309 to WA.. anyone know anything about this junior spec?

either BC or Tein cant go wrong i think. Bang for buck, BC. Where can i buy buddy club N+ in WA or to WA? importmonster have the junior spec for 34s for $2309 to WA.. anyone know anything about this junior spec?

Damn $2309, f**k I paid $935. Brand spanking new and let me tell you they are awesome, I've been running on them for almost 3 months with plenty of everyday street drive, also plenty of weekend drift and or wangan(top speed runs) action to and they are solid performers.

They do not tend to get sluggish after plenty of hard drive due to their single tube construction, compared to the twin tube design and also no matter how low you set the stance you do not loose you full shock travel.

Plenty of my friends over here in Japan are using the JuniorSpecs and are very satisfied using them in a wide range of vehicles: JZX's, S14's,S15's, FD's, R32's, R33's, R34's, ETC.

Power Builder Bee*R

any other info on where to buy BC Junior Spec besides suggesting an upgraded rev limiter?

Nengun doing $2,132.59 for ER34 delivered.

Edited by 1R34SON

any other info on where to buy BC Junior Spec besides suggesting an upgraded rev limiter?

Nengun doing $2,132.59 for ER34 delivered.

Bee*R is the name of the tuning shop and they sale more than the rev limiter.

The BC Racing has 2 models for the R34GTT, V1 and the BR. Go for the BR which is a newer model & design. Since Im from Malaysia, the closest dealer is in Singapore and the price i got quoted for is around USD 900. This is the closest thing to compare with the Tein Monoflex but has height adjustment without effecting the spring tension which is what i like. Happy that some one has tried & tested it on a Skyline. Will give it a go as I have enough of bumpy ride and confusing height adjustment setup.