Mt Gravatt Hand Car Wash

Einstein

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

$33 plus coffee and cake...I could do 12 weeks worth of washes at the freedom fuels self serve at EMP! cost me $3 per wash :mellow:

$1 = soap spray

$1 = fill bucket containing meguiars shampoo and sponge the car down

$1 = power rinse it off and shammie!

Do it late at night when there's not many ppl :O

where is this place again...want to try it today ??

LoL dude, did you pass primary school???

$10-$5 = $5...

That aint $2 man! Its double the money 100% more! Just imagion, that kid could almost buy a WHOLE pack of smokes for that money!

you will need to read the previous post to get when im sayin :mellow:

went there they were quite nice and they did say they do pay special attention to sports cars such as skylines. I have talked to them and they would look at discounts if groups wanted but I will leave that to the Execs to discuss

Here are what they charge:

ONE STOP WASH - $20

(hand was, chamois, door frames cleaned, exterior windows cleaned and blackened tires)

ONE STOP PLUS - $27

is above plus interior clean and vacuum and clean of dash and console

ONE STOP WORX - $33

all above plus cleaning of wheel archs, deoderise interiors and wax with canubra wax

They also do detailing including shampoo of interior and engine clean and detail clay as well but you have to book for this service

we can still wash at home with just a bucket though cant we?

although I often just take my own bucket to the sunshine autowash (opposite Hyperdome) and diy! just use the rinse and wheel cleaner

but its good to know they do a good job!

Go for gold buddy. I frequent the car wash there (as its just up the road), and find that taking my own crap to wash the car in the shade is the go. To hell with sticking $6 or more $$$$ into their system, and avoid the scratches of the magical 'foaming brush'

would like to have my pampered by some Pros though!

I almost cried when I opened this thread and had a read...

If you guys new anything about paint and especially the paint on your car then you would know that for $33 you get what you pay for...

Being a wash with cheap detergents that most likely remove previous waxes, good in part but does not help in maintaining your finish.

The second is buffing with polish that removes a fine layer of paint, and remember your paint in mm thick and you will be constantly removing paint.

Further, they don't use proper sealants or wax's which will result in the paint deteriorating and looking dull quicker and will get dirty quicker, resulting in...yes you guessed it, you forking out another $33...

But alas, the is not a big expense, until they buff through the clear and hit the pigment layer resulting in you now forking out for a respray.

Don't get me wrong, some car wash places are good, predominantly for that, car washing. If you want to polish your car properly do it yourself or see a professional detailer. You may be charged $150 for a decent polish sealant wax, but they use top end products and your paint will last years longer....

I have partaken of the Car Wash in question today and the service and quality were top-notch.

Have paid $20 just for a wash in the past but this place, for $33, did a brilliant job in detailing the interior and the car looks great on the outside too. (Except where I really need to have it re-painted.....)

The people there are car enthusiasts and one of the managers owns a Series 2 R33. He is hopeful of getting some discounts for SAU members in the future. Stay tuned!!

I have partaken of the Car Wash in question today and the service and quality were top-notch.

Have paid $20 just for a wash in the past but this place, for $33, did a brilliant job in detailing the interior and the car looks great on the outside too. (Except where I really need to have it re-painted.....)

The people there are car enthusiasts and one of the managers owns a Series 2 R33. He is hopeful of getting some discounts for SAU members in the future. Stay tuned!!

Dave, what was the name of the place. I want to give them a ring to get my car cleaned before the weekend.

Thanks.

Ed.

Hey guys, just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Andrew and I have been the one who has booked in Mushroom, LBR33 and Rhinorebel. I have been talking to the owners about some form of discount, etc for SAU members as the feedback has been great. Thanx guys. The products we use r the best, the glass cleaner itself is the best I have ever used (removes smoke film perfect). At the moment u wont need to book in for a polish or engine clean. ENGINE CLEAN = $30 extra and POLISH = from $80 extra. The polish is a liquid polymer that gives a deep clear gloss finish and protects paint from fade. No buffing is ever done unless asked. It was nice putting faces to names aswell. Hell I even met the treasurer for the first time. I will definately be at the Charity cruise. And generally I will be the one looking after the skylines.

Edited by schultzr33

Dave, what was the name of the place. I want to give them a ring to get my car cleaned before the weekend.

Thanks.

Ed.

Sry for the DBL post...The name of the place is One Stop Hand Car Wash Cafe....Ph No is 38493899. Best days to bring ur car in if possible is Mon, Tue or Wed as these r our slowest days.

Sry for the DBL post...The name of the place is One Stop Hand Car Wash Cafe....Ph No is 38493899. Best days to bring ur car in if possible is Mon, Tue or Wed as these r our slowest days.

Thanks for that Andrew. What are your operating hours. And how long to get the polish as well.

Ed.

Thanks for that Andrew. What are your operating hours. And how long to get the polish as well.

Ed.

OK. Operating hours are 7:30 to 5:00 mon-sat ....although if u want the works done it is best to bring ur car in before 4:30. And on Sun, operating hours are 8:30 - 4:00. If we're not busy a polish and wash can take UP TO 2 hrs, but can normally be done in approx an hour.