SAU Community

Japan Auto Direct

gtraaron

Has any one used japanautodirect.com for importing a car before and if so how did you find them ?? They have an ad in hpi but i havent heard of them !! good or bad !! :laugh:

Edited by r34aaronw

the cars that I see there are the same as either j-spec or prestigemotorsport. If you do a search, a lot of people have gone with either of the above - maybe have a look at them if u want opinions

the cars that I see there are the same as either j-spec or prestigemotorsport. If you do a search, a lot of people have gone with either of the above - maybe have a look at them if u want opinions

Yeah i know that j-spec and prestige have fairly good feed back , but i would like to find out about these guys as well ! Got to cover all bases some might be able to get something others cant . :P

JAD have been in the business a fair while and used to (or still do) supply a lot of retailers in aus. they may not have the most stellar reputation though.

Thanx for the response BB :)

JAD supply to J-Spec, Prestige and others. Many of the "in-stock" cars these companies list are actually JAD cars.

I in fact have used JAD in the past but only as a body to use to bid on a car at auction which I evaluated myself using other methods. At this they did a good job.

Its good to get all this info , it helps me as i will most likely be getting something that would not come into stock that often and fairly specific ( r34 gtr )! But the more info i get before buying will help me decide who to use . thanx for the feedback guys :sorcerer:

• 1 month later...

Ok - I also was under the impression that J-Spec and Prestige get a lot of their cars from JAD - so thought I might cut out the middle man and save some $$.

That being said though - their list price on cars equals or is sometimes greater than that of J-spec and prestige (??) so cutting out the middle man does not seem to gain much... ??

Maybe They have an agreement with these companies to keep the prices higher on their website than what the cars are actually supplied for to various partners.

Either way it may only be worth while using them for Auctions - but that will cost you $100,000 YEN anyway - but will save you the $1100 service fee of J-spec and prestige.

But then keep in mind all the Australian contacts and paperwork handling that Prestige etc have and make sure that you really think / know you could handle that side of things yourself. May just be easier to stick with an Oz based importer.

Either way - please PM me with feed back on JAD as well - good or Bad as I am hunting a V35 Skyline 350GT-8 2003 model and know they can be had far cheaper than the typical list prices... "Kleenbeats" black one is a perfect example - lucky bugger! :P

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We've bought four cars off them, one at auction and they've been pretty good- the last one had some seriously crap customising done to the interior which wasn't really made clear beforehand, but otherwise they're OK. A bit slow to ship, but they all seem to be. Be careful about in stock cars that've been on hand for a while, they may be a bit rusty because they're stored near the wharf.

we have 3 cars on the way from JAD

so far they've been very helpfull,

i'll keep you guys updated on the results

• 3 weeks later...

The cars the guys at J-Spec list from JAD are always background checked from past auctions, dealerships etc... basically they try and get as much information about the cars from an independent source... usually helps negotiate a better deal from the supplier. So you'll find that not all of their cars are mirrored on the site, only the ones that pass the scrutiny :P

There's also a good repor with the staff at JAD as they've negotiated on a fair few cars through them, instead of one off purchases if you dealt direct with them... this means there's no confusion on the quality of cars that JAD are expected to supply, coz if things go pear shaped with one car for a client, then they'd be increasingly reluctant to use JAD's services for future clients.

My name is Anton and I am the owner of Japan Auto Direct. For the record myself and my staff always try to describe our cars to the best of our ability. This is our business and it pays to have happy customers. I have lived in Tokyo for over 12 years and have exported over 20 000 cars out of Japan over the past 10 years. If we were not a solid, reliable supplier we would not have been able to get this far. I have lived and breathed this business for over a decade now and know what I am talking about. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about any of the cars on our site. We will supply further details, pictures and auction sheets upon request. We have had a great deal of experience, are straight talkers and can answer any question you have about buying and shipping cars out of Japan to almost any country in the world.

Edited by Japan Auto Direct

Ask a RAW if they would comply ungraded damaged cars with statements saying front hit, inner guard replaced but unseen also how they are know to buy very low graded cars cheap and spammed out as perfect cars with a statement like "drives well" and "engine sounds strong".

Ask the Dealer in Japan since he states ok for SEVS will he refund your money if it fails and ask him to list the auction report for all the cars they have, they must exist because people search the auctions looking for history and price of their stock.

Are you buying a car off a mate you have know for years or someone who only cares that your cheque wont bounce, never pretend a car sales man is your mate...........think about it.

• 1 month later...

megar32 it is all about the money as car dealers in Japan will always be car dealers, the people who like certain dealers in Japan are the ones that get kickbacks from selling their stock.

Edited by DRIFTT

Hi Aaron,

you aren't allowed to post negative comments on this forum about businesses so I don't know that you'll get the sort of info you're after here, if you'd like to know my opinion on them shoot me a PM.

Ben

a business opportunist if ever ive seen one.

quicker reaction than Victor Bray at the staging lights...