SAU Community

My Car Stolen: White R33

Cake

Might be worth you guys investigating immobilisers that don't use a infra-red beeper. I have two fitted (won't disclose where I got them from), both from different locations, only one of them uses the infra red beeper. So even with my keys they won't be able to start my car because with the keys they have only disabled one immoboliser and the second is still active.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by CamGTS

Might be worth you guys investigating immobilisers that don't use a infra-red beeper.  I have two fitted (won't disclose where I got them from), both from different locations, only one of them uses the infra red beeper.  So even with my keys they won't be able to start my car because with the keys they have only disabled one immoboliser and the second is still active.

yeah the '32 is going in for a keypad system this week/next.

Shaun

There are a number of different types of Immobolisers, or ways to de-activate them:

Infra-Red Beeper (Standard everyday ones)

Keypad (You need a pin number)

Magnetic (Need to put a special device somewhere on the dash)

Touch Point (You need to touch two parts of the car to form a circuit before the car will start)

There are more ways but don't want to give away to much.

Check out: www.carsafe.com.au

can someone PM me the details as im geuninly interested in increasing car security and not stealing your cars.... i understand if you dont wnt to post specific detials about your car security on an open discussion forum

thanks

adam

Hey Guys - Sorry firstly for the car loss that sucks so bad man!

Secondly - sorry for bustin' into the WA action...

I have 6 immobilisers on my car, 3 on the beeper and 3 on my keypad (4 digit PIN)... i have shock sensors, ultra sonics, movement sensors, temperature sensors, 2 internal and 2 external sirens, remote window wind and a panic button.

I am about to get 2 switches installed in the cabin for the fuel pump and ignition.

If I get my R34 soon, I will get the above + tracking.

Sydney Sucks.

Christian

well last wednesday (day after was stolen) a mate spotted it but it was driving on the other side of the highway and tried to follow it but it was gone...

Then last night a mate called up sayin he just saw my car drive past him with 2 cop cars chasing it on riverside drive. Today called up cops, they said it was in 2 seperate pursuits last night.. around freo, through melville, attadale and lost it, the other was in vic park and they lost it again... speeds up 2 140km/h. 2 seperate chases and they didn't catch it. Im well pissed off, almost a week after it was stolen and it's been seen around a fair bit, and still driving around. So if anyone sees it call the cops give location and follow it till its parked or something if u can... they're obviously using it to joyride or for other crimes and it isn't getting stripped for parts. I just want this to end, i appreciate you all keeping an eye out for it. The car also has previous damage on the front left fender which is very obvious and scratches on the front bumper. If you see it my mob# is 0418552271.

Chris.

rearsm01.jpg

HJB, KILLER-T (AdamQ) was driving his work truck and saw my car driving the opposite direction yesterday morning at 8:30am on canning hwy in south perth (east bound). did a u-turn and followed it (bout 5 cars behind in traffic).. still has the same plates (1BEC 286) and everything... He called up central police but the woman was too busy wanting to know who he was and how he knew me etc... so police didnt do anything about it and he was following it for several km's. It drove along the causeway, then past perth police HQ, Adam lost it at the set of lights. Hopefully we can stop it if its seen again. feel free to do anything to stop it and box it in if u see it parked :) ill look after your bumper if it gets damaged... 2 weeks its been driving around now, that is too long. The number to call is 92221115 if you see it, this goes straight to police radios.

Chris

That's really not cool that your car got stolen hey....

BUT HONESTLY

What ****en clown steals a car.. keeps the same number plates on it and drives around the local area it was stolen from!!

I think there a few beers short of a six pack. If I was there I'd block him in for ya.. Pitty I'm in brisbane but.

There was a high speed chase (last night i think) that ended in a crash, heard it on the radio thismorning... The driver of the car was a female from vic park who had stolen the car but they didnt say what sort of car it was.... was it yours Chirs?

I was driving at north bridge I saw white car with white rim like your car chris.... so I did massive donut then did Uiiieeee...

only found out that the car is looks just like yours with diffrenet number plate and it was series two... dang I thought I found it but no...:D

any news from insurance?

cheers

Joe

Kyles: nah... not mine :D

Joe: damn, thanks anyway.. will find out from insurance next week

thanks for keepin an eye out for my car ppl. i appreciate it.

Chris