SAU Community

Lighting Solution For S2 R33?

kinks, what I was saying for you, is that the hid kit is not a good idea.

bulbs are a top idea. if you're worried about life, get the plus 30s, still bright, but last a lot longer than the plus 50s. but, you're meant to change bulbs every 12 months anyways, so even if the plus 50s blow once a year, it's fine (bulbs lose brightness).

relay mod doeosn't detract from bulb life much. It will give you a lot more light though. stock wiring gives the bulbs about 11 ish volts. relayed, they can get 13.8 volts which is worth about 50% more light.

in regards to installing a 4100 kelvin hid kit, that won't help anything. the problem is in the optics, not the colour. Look at the pictures from that link posted above.

• 5 months later...

Each to their own CCCP. Xizor likes them. I like the colour too, that's why i'm fitting sIII gtr lights to my car (not a straight fit on, needs many parts to be changed e.g. bonnet, grill etc.

G`day mate,

I own a `96 R33 GTR and just got the OEM Xenons headlights of this model, but they have no ballasts or globes. Because i cant get any exact stats. on either i cant even look up the aftermarket stuff. I`ve been told to go D2S around 4-5k but most have H or diff. letters infront. Do you know the factory specs of the bulbs?

The ballasts are even worse. I`ve found nothing about that.

Any help or recom. where/who could help much appreciated!

Regards Martin