SAU Community

R34s...please!

NS2500

Some pics of the new carbon boot

post-39016-1252999764_thumb.jpg

post-39016-1252999805_thumb.jpg

I'm so torn right now as to what to do....

options are:

1. paint carbon boot white to match car and leave it

2. fill and paint original boot so there are no holes and sell on carbon boot

3. buy a carbon bonnet to match the boot

gutter rash on wheels to be fixed soon and the inserts will be painted black so i think the whole carbon boot/bonnet with black wheels would look swell.

But it kinda defeats the purpose of the car. want to keep it simple and clean looking and nice and legal.

so i think option number 2 is looking the best so far.

What do you guys think?

Steve, if you plan to keep the boot, get the bonnet to match. Otherwise leave it off I reckon and just fill and paint the original boot like you said.

Carbon boots are sort of love/hate type of thing, I reckon they only work well if you do the whole car panda-style... e.g carbon bonnet, painted roof, carbon boot.

Yeah i saw that white r34 that had the panda style happening (member from here, forget the name though)

Wasn't completly sold on it, i'd have to work into it i guess.

i'll probably change my mind 20 times before i decide on something. but i'll probably end up fixing the old boot. i just dont trust having carbon fibre everywhere because of police/insurance issues. i do like the look of it though

Steve, if you plan to keep the boot, get the bonnet to match. Otherwise leave it off I reckon and just fill and paint the original boot like you said.

Carbon boots are sort of love/hate type of thing, I reckon they only work well if you do the whole car panda-style... e.g carbon bonnet, painted roof, carbon boot.

Yeah i saw that white r34 that had the panda style happening (member from here, forget the name though)

Wasn't completly sold on it, i'd have to work into it i guess.

i'll probably change my mind 20 times before i decide on something. but i'll probably end up fixing the old boot. i just dont trust having carbon fibre everywhere because of police/insurance issues. i do like the look of it though

if your planning on making your car into a track car, keep the carbon boot (weight reduction) but if not, just fill up the stock one and paint it.

I dont really see a point in carbon fibre boots unless your car is for track..

hoods is a different case because they got vents.

each to there own

yeah seems to be the way to go.

defs never going to be a track car. i think i'll stick with my initial plan of keeping it standard looking (aside from the pretty wheels) and aim to hit the 260ish rwkw mark

any idea how much those boots usually cost to get filled and painted?

Just got mine back yesterday. Got no money for VOLKS or RAYS so i did the cheapo option, a respray. Rims were sandblasted then covered with a special teflon paint (matt black) so its easy to clean. I reckon if you twist your head to the side and use your peripheral vision my car looks likes a Z TUNE GTR :D ..

post-47426-1253104753_thumb.jpg

post-47426-1253104781_thumb.jpg

post-47426-1253104795_thumb.jpg