SAU Community

Boost Restrictor In Gtr

andz

nope not that one look more to the left on the chasis.

its got 2 vaccums going into it and one of them has the yellow band.

becareful though you may blow your turbos if your running stockies liek mine did, could put your engine at risk :laugh:

yeh i removed mine 12months ago and have not had a problem,but that dont mean shit,just leave it in and wait till ya get cash for new turbos,or risk blowing them or ya motor or both in a worst case senario....

my2c

yeh i removed mine 12months ago and have not had a problem,but that dont mean shit,just leave it in and wait till ya get cash for new turbos,or risk blowing them or ya motor or both in a worst case senario....

my2c

do r34 GTRs have decent turbo;s meaning should be ok for him to run about 13 psi?

This thread is pointless. R34's do not have a boost restrictor. They have a marking where a restictor would be but they do not have a restrictor like the older GTRs.

As Geoff has already mentioned - R34 turbos are ceramic wheels with ball bearings. Mine was running 1 bar from the factory after I put a cat back + hiflow cat on it. They do this all day long and will go the distance.

If you want to pull a restriction out open up your airbox and check to see if you still have the factory plug in the wheel well intake hole. Pull that plug out and go for a drive. Sounds good :P

This thread is pointless. R34's do not have a boost restrictor. They have a marking where a restictor would be but they do not have a restrictor like the older GTRs.

first to actually said this

:P

As Geoff has already mentioned - R34 turbos are ceramic wheels with ball bearings. Mine was running 1 bar from the factory after I put a cat back + hiflow cat on it. They do this all day long and will go the distance.

If you want to pull a restriction out open up your airbox and check to see if you still have the factory plug in the wheel well intake hole. Pull that plug out and go for a drive. Sounds good :P

What he said is all correct but if a turbo lets go you risk sucking back the dust in the engine just like all other RB26's .

are you sure? I know the gtt has but according to HPI mag,the GTR 34 have steel.

I think they would have been refering to the Nur Edition (VSpec and MSpec), it had the steel wheel turbos (N1 spec), and they were the last of the R34 GTRs that were made. They also got other N1 component to make up the engine.

I think they would have been refering to the Nur Edition (VSpec and MSpec), it had the steel wheel turbos (N1 spec), and they were the last of the R34 GTRs that were made. They also got other N1 component to make up the engine.

When I was changing the actuator I had a closer look at the turbos, There are the same as what they had in the picture, 0.53 inlet housing?