SAU Community

R32 Gts-4, What Exhaust?

Ruffels

hey guys, before i go buying, just wanted to get a certain answer,

my 1993 R32 gts-4 requires a completely new exhaust system as the current standard pipes have rusted through and are leaking, i want to replace the whole system with a nice stainless catback system, and some form of split dump/front pipe like a BATMBL one

however alot of things on the car are gtr spec, for example when i bought the new suspension i had to make sure i got gtr suspension as gts-t suspension would not fit, is the exhaust in the same boat as my suspension?

like do i need a gts-t dump/front pipe and then a gtr catback?

what is the go?

it would be good if someone could give me some ideas on what to get :P

cheers

-Ruffels

Edited by Ruffels

R32 GTS4 is turbo (RB20DET). R33 GTS4 is N/A (RB25DET would have given it performance too similar to the GT-R).

The suspension is really the only stuff that interchanges with GT-R. Everything else is GTSt.

R32 GTS-4 uses GTS-t cat backs, though you;ll have to bang one of the support bars a bit (easy to do on a hoist, or get an exhaust workshop to do it. Shouldn't cost more than $30)

I have an R32 GTS-4 and decided on the batmbl front/dump, a highflow cat and an HKS silent cat back from nengun. Putting it together is an easy job, except for that one support bar.

I've heard that you can get a decent custom one made form most exhaust places for under 1K, in the end it's up to you. It's really just a pipe, and I could have saved money by avoiding a brand name, but hell, I've got no regrets. I love the note, and the full stainless from the turbo back.

There is a guide in the tutorial section on how to fit an exhaust also. It's a great one to use.