SAU Community

Feeding Frenzy

qikstagea

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was after ur FMIC ...thats till i saw the pic of ur car...all i can say is god must luv u to survive a wreck like that.

anyway...my shopping list.

1. Cat Converter - if its a highflow 3 inch unit and not damaged in the accident

2. all silicone hose connections for the FMIC - if not broken.

Cheers buddy

we have got slightly off topic :-) Anyway -

Series 2 260RS's so exist, but only like 250 or so were made I think. Not much demand I guess...
Nope - I'm reasonably sure - I checked this up before getting my RS4S - no 260RS's were made with R34 GTR parts, so there is no such thing as a series 2 RS260.

In fact, looking at the photos, I'm a bit suspicious about this whole car...

but mechanically, it appears to be identical to the s1 260??
I suspect it is..
ODO'S SEEM TOO LOW. ABIT SUS
As per many other posts, I think most dealers out there are setting them to silly numbers - do they really think we are going to believe that a car has done 29K in 7 years? ie 4K a year? Not likely.

I was looking at carsales.com.au the other day, and you could tell many the dealers from the k's on the cars - each lot obvousily had a number that they set every car to +/- 5k...

Ian

Edited by ian

we have got slightly off topic :-) Anyway -

Nope - I'm reasonably sure - I checked this up before getting my RS4S - no 260RS's were made with R34 GTR parts, so there is no such thing as a series 2 RS260.

In fact, looking at the photos, I'm a bit suspicious about this whole car...

I suspect it is..

As per many other posts, I think most dealers out there are setting them to silly numbers - do they really think we are going to believe that a car has done 29K in 7 years? ie 4K a year? Not likely.

I was looking at carsales.com.au the other day, and you could tell many the dealers from the k's on the cars - each lot obvousily had a number that they set every car to +/- 5k...

Ian

Sorry to stay off topic, (maybe we need a new one) but,

According to Autech's webpage they never made (took in) Stagea's other than in the list below.

So that rules S2's out, (or any year other than '97 &'98).

See below.

post-30601-1167567995.jpg

I think we can still call it a "series 2 Autech" but AFAIK it was only a cosmetic re-working, and the R33 GT-R running gear remained, but with the s2 modifications to the headlights, taillights, etc.

Series 1:

apito76-img600x337-1048061843stagea_front.jpg

Series 2:

stegia-big.gif

Aaaaaaand back on topic, I'd love to grab some parts off your car Rob, but I iz broke as a mofo...

cargo blind cover is mine, i am ready to pay the $100 u said u wanted for it and im just waiting for bank details to do a direct deposit mate :laugh: let me know asap cheers.

also after a few other bits and pieces i just got to check if they are worth the transport costs and whether i really need them :huh:

thanks

Brad

cargo blind cover is mine, i am ready to pay the $100 u said u wanted for it and im just waiting for bank details to do a direct deposit mate :D let me know asap cheers.

also after a few other bits and pieces i just got to check if they are worth the transport costs and whether i really need them :P

thanks

Brad

yeah no worries, its urs bud. it has to go via a courier company cos its too long for post... Let me know what else u want, wont cost much more to add them in the package i assume.

Hey there are two little clips on the plastic just under the rear glass right in the middle of the boot section, have you got them or is that what kylie was talking about?

Cy - never had them.

And darrin do you mean the removable mat...? cos my carpet is pretty well glued to my spare tyre cover panel... theres no removable carpet as such... 3intheback has a removable thingy to keep his boot clean if thats what u mean. i didnt get one.

Are you in brissie, darrin? id love to have a look at your front end conversion some time..

And darrin do you mean the removable mat...? cos my carpet is pretty well glued to my spare tyre cover panel... theres no removable carpet as such... 3intheback has a removable thingy to keep his boot clean if thats what u mean. i didnt get one.

Are you in brissie, darrin? id love to have a look at your front end conversion some time..

Yes I am on the southside of Brisbane if you want to have a look

I will need the cover that is glued to the carpet aswell then

My left hand side and spare wheel cover has had something spilled on it and eaten the carpet.

Hopefully the series 1 carpet colour is the same as a series 2?

i know its a S1 but are the tail lights S2? if so i want em as i have a cracked lens in the drivers side unit on mine.

also did you have upgraded coil packs (splitfire) or similar?? on your engine, if so i'd like dibs on them please, if they are rescuable of course that is?