2007 F1 Season

wolverine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah be nice to see some proper street races on the list again. Hope they can manage to put some good corners in there somewhere.

Actually I used to believe everything the FIA said, but now I just believe everything I read on internet forums. ;) Works for me.

Well that is fine, but do you remember how crap Detroit was?

Or the Las Vegas GP that they ran in a car park (I shit you not)

oh do i what. Bumpier than a herpes outbreak. check this footage out in detroit in the wet. I know its only eddie cheever but damn hes got some skills. At around the one minute mark is especially good. cant believe he caught it.

I know they werent ideal but racing on those surfaces added a great element of excitement to the sport. Street tracks will always be more real and ballsier to race on. And damn good fun to watch too.

i know this is never going to happen because bernie is now more interested in the money he gets from the sport than the sport itself but wouldnt you like to see adelaide back on the calender? I know i would..for more than just sentimental reasons. Not 1 person ive ever spoken to had a bad thing to say about the place. F1 loved adelaide and adelaide loved f1...sniff..sniff

Lewis Hamilton secured his first pole position with a demoralising, at least for Alonso, lap time of 1 min 15.707 that will surely give him his biggest chance for his first win in F1...Alonso dropped the ball at the final chicane and weaved across the line in frustration knowing Hamilton had him and there was nothing he could do about it.

Personally i couldnt be happier for Lewis... Hes not just going to win races but championships with them..

lets hope Canada will see the start of that.

great Quali, awesome action and good to see Webbo up in 6th for redbull.

Edited by m3gtr

i cant believe the start hes had. I havent seen anything like this since i started watching F1 when i was 7 years old..

truly a supernatural but I think id put him in the shade if i had the chance! :):P

Richard i was thinking of uploading that exact vid a couple of days ago, instead loading up the detroit vid of cheever in the wet..

that turbo hauls major ass though...

those were the good old days..

Alonso I reckon.....McLaren's seems to have just awesome pace and he is still more consistent on long runs.

He looked like someone had insulted his mother in the Quali press conference. If looks could kill Lewis would be a dead man.

Hamilton wins! what an unbelievable race. F1 rookie takes his first win, outclasses illustrious teammate and leads the drivers championship. Alonso makes an ass of himself no less than 8 times, Massa and Fisichella blackflagged, Raikkonnen nowhere, 10 second stop and goes galore, botched pit strategies, a super aguri passing the world champ in the final laps for 6th position(!!), the other missing out on points because of a hit and run on an animal on the track (??), and the worst accident i have ever seen anyone walk away from, EVER without so much as even a broken bone...It such a testament to the strength of the modern F1 monocoque. If that were any other F1 era Kubica wouldve been killed instantly.

Contrary to previous reports Kubica did not sustain a broken leg. He will apparantly be released from hospital today.

i cant wait for next week.

Woohoooo go Heidfeld.

have to say the Williams is a surprise. Good to see Super Aguri well and truly kicking Honda's arse :)

HAHA i just noticed that they have changed location for the Japanese race.

Looks like i missed out on an interesting race :) That was a massive accident, good to hear he is ok

why were Fisichella and Massa black flagged??

Edited by Whiplash

fisi and massa exited the pits when the red pit exit light was lit (safety car in the vicinity), kubica was waiting for the lights to go green when both drove around him.

i don't understand why webber didn't pit during that final safety car period as soon as the pit window opened. it cost him championship points. he could easily have finished right near the front.

Woohoooo go Heidfeld.

have to say the Williams is a surprise. Good to see Super Aguri well and truly kicking Honda's arse :)

HAHA i just noticed that they have changed location for the Japanese race.

Looks like i missed out on an interesting race :) That was a massive accident, good to hear he is ok

why were Fisichella and Massa black flagged??

woud you like to see the race for yourself courtesy of itv??

Pm me for details?