2007 F1 Season

wolverine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And now McLarens 2008 car is in trouble. Surely Mosly has a bee in his bonnet, Dennis doesnt deserve the which hunt! Anyway, F1 has always had off track F1 politics...but this is starting to make me sick. Time for Mosley to get the boot...he is a TOOL!

Fernando Alonso signs with Renault

Renault has signed two-time Formula One world champion Fernando Alonso for the 2008 season, Spanish media reports said.

Newspaper El Mundo said Alonso had agreed to a deal worth E35 million ($58 million) and that an announcement was expected imminently. The length of the contract was not reported.

Tha Spaniard had been linked with a return to Renault ever since he was released from his three-year contract with McLaren in November.

A move to the French team gained momentum on Friday when motor sport's governing body FIA decided against penalising Renault for possessing confidential information about rival team McLaren.

The 26-year-old Spaniard finished third in the 2007 drivers' standings with 109 points after a turbulent season with the British.

There were rocky relations with rookie driving partner Lewis Hamilton and a spy scandal that cost McLaren $US100 million ($114 million) and all of its constructors championship points.

Alonso made his F1 debut with Renault in 2001, going on to become F1's youngest world champion with the first of his two titles in 2005.

In 105 races entered, the Oviedo native has won 15 races and finished on the podium 49 times.

Reports also indicated that Nelson Piquet Jr. was set to partner Alonso. Giancarlo Fisichella and Heiki Kovalainen drove for Renault in 2007.

I dont really care about f1 that much right now to comment on the absolutely disgraceful way renault avoided penalties where they were found GUILTY of industrial espionage and let off the hook and the galling amount of money the filthy sanchez will make out of it, even in spite of the fact he was central to the Mclaren problems.

renault and alonso can both go f**k themselves.

does that count as a comment?

Another Spanish paper? I will wait for the official Renault announcement myself as personally i cant see Renault paying that sort of money for the guy, on top of all the out clauses. It is probably going to transpire but i cant see the terms printed being the actual terms

Heikki and Fisi dropped like sacks of shit.

Goes to show you how much Renault appreciated the efforts of the Finn, in particular, in a dog of a car.

Fisi on the other hand has proved to be underwhelming and that, for years on end. Still, ill cherish the drinks and chat i had with him last year...Time to call it a day my wine loving Roman.

I hope Heikki goes to Mac where he and LH can show renault what the definition of fast is.

Blow them into the weeds good and proper, they will.