SAU Community

The Official 'prego' Thread

Col-GTSX

Go easy on the poor kid, he will learn as he gets older. Most kids are like he is around the 14 - 16 mark, after that they tend to mature a little and put some effort into it.

Oh i'm sorry, i didn't know that english skills were something that came after 20 years old?

What do you want me to say? "thats ok tiger, you'll still have no problem getting and keeping a job"?

I wasn't intentionally being mean or offensive, mostly confused.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English skills are no requirement to join the rank and file of the army or navy, and that seems to be where hes headed. The Air Force can be a bit more picky however, so prehaps he should consider a transfer to a different caddy outfit?

Go easy on him Mel...

His spelling is better than mine most of the time...

Spelling is not the end of the world, I still hold a good job and do well with my spelling...

Maths is where its at Prego... Maths gets you the good jobs...

ahhh i must meet this choyoda and prego. im not sure if you remember me but i was a CUO at 218sqn. to hint who i am; balbags.

went there with moutrage, hardy, trushin, crompton, sullivan... they are all of the senior cadets i worked with a lot.

drop me a line and we could catch up, im sure if you were in my era i will remember you. 1flt and 18flt did many joined bivs in the early days.

oh and CPL. Brewell?, he's a legend.

Pm u soon.

Edited by arbess

No excuse for poor spelling! Either you don't know how or you CBF'ed (Lazy)

If it is the former, I blame the Government for not allowing the punishment I received back in the day. Listen hard and learn or you were punished.

If it is the latter, wake up to yourself. Col says spelling doesn't get you jobs?? How do you write a resume' if you cannot spell!!?? Maths may be nice to get along once you have it, but spelling gets you in the door.

How many times have I seen a judge throw a criminal case out because of a spelling error?? HEAPS!!!

I was in da 126 rcu for a few years and left due to being run by a bunch of f*&ck heads, who would premote friends and family over the people who actually put in the hard effort and learnt and could manage people. So I left because it was unfair.

Well my nickname was "G" (this was in about 95/96)

And I use a calculator if the math problem is too difficult....... your point is???

Laziness, pure laziness.

Too many pies and look what happens!!

Yeah but you can wing english... I mean i can speak...

Maths is one of those things you cannot wing, if the boss asks for figures you need to be accurate straight away and no i dont carry a calculator...

As i dont carry a spell checker either...

Anyways English vs Math is not the topic... Prego is the topic...

Go little feller, im still wating for damo's responce...

Dave I used Microsoft Word (With spell check) to write my resume...

Im not saying that spelling is not important, im just saying that I think Maths is more important...

word spellcheck is an american dictionary, and i'll laugh the day it gets picked up :huh:

word spellcheck is an american dictionary, and i'll laugh the day it gets picked up >_<

You must run inferiour versions Mel as there had been Australian content in Office 2000, 02 and 03... :O

Or you have your setting on US english...

Maths is gay Col, I have never used any of the things that I was taught after about grade 5

And on the English bashing...who cares. I put a lot more effort into my resume than my posts, spelling mistakes in an internet post do not mean the guy wont be able to write a resume FFS

English Nazis >_<

Fair point Andy grade 5 math is the basis's everyone needs to know... and yeah i did put more than 5 minutes into my resume also...

Internet posts are a spir of the moment thing...

But i promiss i will make an effort to use more large words that people dont understand, so i can feel smarter...

anyway... good story mate!

these bloody nicknames can stick with you.

I've been stuck with 'pear' for almost 20years

last year, my wife goes to get a tattoo - yep, she comes home with a bloody pear

*checks spelling & arithmetic - all good I fhink*

*smiles and nods*

SO now i half no why your nickname is prego.....

i dont think ill acually understand why you decided to keep it tho >_<

Edited by ze_flexy_1