SAU Community

Nissan Skyline vs Subaru WRX

IOWNU

One of my mates owns a Subaru WRX.... he says that everytime he comes against a SKyline he smokes em nice.

IS this TRUE?

He said he's even done GTR's, and GTST"S are no challenge.

Frankly, I find that hard to believe.

Everyone will agree that the WRX stands no chance against the GTR, but what are its chances against the GTT R34 or modified GTST

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRX owners have an inflated opinion of their own cars I've seen. Does he ever mention whether these skylines are even trying?

Stock for stock maybe, but a modded GTS-T should be able to beat them. I don't have trouble with the couple of rexes i have tried, even once an STi wasn't that difficult.

Only advantage WRX is AWD so gets power off the line and maybe cornering.. otherwise GTS-T with a bit of power should be quicker and easily catch it.

GT-R ? What crack is he smoking? Does he even know what a genuine GTR looks like?

I mean WRX only have 170kw stock anyhow.. Their upgrade potential is also less bang for buck that skyline as well - most of the time the drivetrain or gearbox falls apart when you put more power through them.

I've taken some WRX's, but been killed by STi's...no love lost, we all have inflated ego's about our cars...

Anyone properly had a go against a HDT VL Brockie?? My friend has one and I wanna know how I'd go...

Tell him he's dreamin....

He's probably been racing rb25de 's with gtr bodykits...

Hows his clutch...If he has smoked so many he must have replaced his clutch about 10 times...really...

Russ

Stock against stock the gtst would beat it at the line to because the rex actually bogs down first because of the AWD system. I have seen standard Gtst beet rexs all the time

they are hopeless

thats me

hey wouldnt mind some of that crack thats hes smoking dickhead

some people got no idea what so ever

all well

um..chop i'd say you get your bottom smacked...

i should be able to take it however :P i'd say it would be close between his car and mine though.

Similar weight and things between GTS-T and skyline

Having owned a MY 99 WRX and now a R33 GTST, a GTST has a lot more top end than a WRX. WRXs are at there best off the line thats it, on a rolling start they can be pulled in quite easily.

OK So a GTST would keep after 2nd but win if modified. GTR would absolutely kill the REX, but what about a WRX vs GTT R34?

MayB the GTR's hes claimed to have beaten are GTST's with GTR bodykit, and Badges: AFter all there are a lot goin' around

R34 vs. WRX? Usually an R34 would win after the second gear change (in 3rd, that is). Let them enjoy the first two gears and take 'em down by the time you shift third. Guarantee, there is no way he can keep up.

STis? In stock forms, I admit, they got an edge. But a slight modification to the Skyline would change everything. Again, same thing as the WRX... get 'em by the third. Guys, don't waste your time. Dragging a WRX don't mean shit... they are always at the disadvantage side for having a smaller engine in terms of capacity. Try to take them down in corners. After all, they always brag that a the car is a 4WD, a fool-proof... making everyone behind the wheels an instant pro racers...

Originally posted by Ali

OK So a GTST would keep after 2nd but win if modified. GTR would absolutely kill the REX, but what about a WRX vs GTT R34?

Hmm, I only had one wrx try to race but I stuffed up take off and decided it wasnt worth trying to chase. Only had my car for a few weeks at the time.

Bring it on I say :D

Lets organise a major Skyline Vs other turbo / import cars drag event - @ calder I mean, b4 anyone gets all legal on me :)

And settle the BS once and for all!

Originally posted by CR34TION

my friend had a r32 gtst with zorst, filter and i think fmic... he beat a modded rex in the straight, but got killed in the bends.

rexies are over rated.

thought you loved them CR34TION.. :D

Guest INASNT

ahh wrx's, 90% of owners are middle aged business men who know nothing about them, but just bought it coz it was a so called cult car.

Used to race 1 all the time after work at my old job coz the owner worked across the road. Hes had FMIC and a few other mods i could see. When my car was stock he used to woop me off the line down westall road but by 2nd, 3rd i would be near hes rear bumper. Then after i did all the mods, safc, fmic etc we lined up again and he wooped me off the line again but in the middle of 2nd i was beside him and 3rd i was already in front and pulling away.