SAU Community

Best Ecu For Me

Public Enemy

You just contradicted yourself, there is only one place that tunes F Con, so whats the difference?

And are you knocking the ECU or some of the ppl that tune them?

if it was a Power FC the tune would be good, is that what your saying? thats how your coming across.

Find the ecu that suits your needs and does what you need, and find a good tuner that supports it (and Wolf is supported, a good tuner can tune any ecu. )

Gees, what is it with WA & the ECU wars?

A good tuner can tune any ECU. True.

BUT

For a good, experienced tuner it should be a case of "Here's one we prepared earlier for a car just like yours." This should save you money & also mean less time spent on the dyno as the tune will/should only need minor adjustments instead of wholesale changes.

Edited by djr81

Public Enemy, Do some better research before commiting to an ecu.

I have found With wolfs you can only go to one shop to get them tuned. no one else in wa wants to tune them, (nib maybe teach people about them but do you want someone learning on your car.)

From what i have seen wolfs have starting problems, and seen at motorvation with the white r31, also the tunes some of the tunes i have seen are questionable, 13.5 afr hmmm, either that or the wolf changes its tune all by itself.

if i was to do it i would go a power fc d-jetro, easy to get tuned, everyone knows them. no starting issues, the dont change there tunes and they seem to be the going ecu for quick cars in wa, aust and the japan.

or the F Con Vpro seems good, most crazy jap gtr's run this setup.

R31 only ever ran that lean on one Dyno and as the car takes everything thrown at it id say the other 2 Dynos were correct.

Anyway V500 is here and it a very upto date ECU.Learning on customers cars? Same for F Con for a while but any good tuner can tune any ECU.

You just contradicted yourself, there is only one place that tunes F Con, so whats the difference?

see below snippet for difference, particularly the word 'want'

no one else in wa wants to tune them

would you buy an ecu that the majority of tuners have the same opinion of?

that would depend on why they have that opinion

technical reasons or politics ?

if someone can give me some technical reasons why the wolf is a problem then I a would love to hear their opinion

going to need more than unspecified cold start issues and have seen some dodgy afrs

For tuners, I don’t think its either political or technical, more a case of they know can achieve a lot better customer satisfaction and results with a PFC. They’d much prefer to see a customer return to spend more money than to return with tuning issues.

what tuning issues , with the hardware or the tuners ?

is the issue the hardware that cant resolve the issues or the tuners cant get the information to resolve the issues ? or they just don't want to?

if its a personal preference issue then thats fine , if there are specific technical issues then please someone clarify them

Every time you see Wolf ECUs bagged replace the name Wolf with me Steve thomas as thats what the baggers really mean.It is politics and everyone knows this so get on with it.Topracing is a very busy shop and im proud te be part of it as its a strong position to be in with the huge campain you guys run.These complaints were based on the early release V4s of many years ago that AEM updated for free.

V500 is a very strong player.

R31 only ever ran that lean on one Dyno and as the car takes everything thrown at it id say the other 2 Dynos were correct.

Anyway V500 is here and it a very upto date ECU.Learning on customers cars? Same for F Con for a while but any good tuner can tune any ECU.

The car was cranked up very hard for Motorvation and not safe for daily use tho she still has that tune in it for the Dyno dynamics guy to test.

Back to around 270rwhp this sat to keep it alive.

So...?

Hey all,

well we still haven''t had anyone that actually runs the Wolf V500 comment on its performance positively or negatively. I'm willing to give it ago. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Looking at a 1000 bucks for a good NOS controller plus a D'jetro on top of it so if the Wolf can do both its pretty good value. I'm running a pfc already and yes i'm very happy with it but it's not gonna do everything i need.

I'm all for supporting and Australian delevoped product too, would love to be the first to run a 9 on ozzie ECU if it hasn't been done aleady that is.

I've looked at the Wolf software. everything is there to get the tune right so we certainly can't blame the ECU for any tuning problems. It may take so time to get it right as with ALL new performance products that come onto the market.

Steve says he can tune it and i have no doubts about that. Why would anyone say they can if they can't?

The biggest problem i see with the F Con is only 1 tuner will have access to the tuning software, so that will ensure that there will only be one F Con tuner in WA. The wolf comes with the tuning software and cables at no extra cost with the ECU so in theory any good tuner should be able to get it up and running maybe even me one day. LOL *has huge NOS back fire and blows engine*

Anyway, someone has to take the chance. No point in all us being restricted to the Power FC forever. Especially if APexi are phasing them out.

Same sorts of things were probably said about the Motec when it first came out.

Anyways thanks everyone for your input, all valuable info. Will keep you informed as to how it all goes.

Cheers

Godzown was WAs 1st GTR V500.wild RB25-30 GTS is 1st GTS.

V4 proto type was WAs 1st 10 in a GTR, but theres a few cars in the 8s with them in WA,Drag dedicated cars tho.

Feel free to come in and see the cars we have an a daily basis with Wolfs inc many streeters and top WA track cars.

Our new mechanic has a wild 1UZ turbo powered HZ 1tonner on the go with a V500 even doing gear shift dutys.

I'm all for supporting and Australian delevoped product too, would love to be the first to run a 9 on ozzie ECU if it hasn't been done aleady that is.

Motec and Autronic, are both australian, and both have been in countless cars that run low low numbers..

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been using EMS for quite awhile. My MR2 Runs it and ive just finished a wire up on a rb20det powered ceffy and im about to start on a RB25 powered R32. The setup ive been doing is leaving the stock ecu in to run idle and aircon and so on. and wiring the ems in to ignitor and injectors and so on. Nissan consult will still work on the car. Car is fully tuneable as if it had a full on stand alone ecu. Just easier to setup and the factory ecu powers all the sensors the ems just reads them. All you gotta do is cut the ignition and injector wires from the ecu and run em on the ems.

The EMS stinger is the one ive been using the most. It can do antilag, Nos and a whole list of other functions which can be triggered by RPM, TPS, Boost or a combination of the two. Because the standard ecu is retained we dont have to trigger the fuel pump or anything so you have 4 outputs to play around with.

Im not a tuner i just wire them in. I get one of the guys down Bunbury way George his name is to do all my tuning.

EMS Website

Only thing ive noticed with EMS im not sure if u have to do it with other Aftermarket managment is the locator on the exhaust cam for the cas has to be snapped off and a base timing set of 10 BTDC. Apparently the nissan sensor likes to trigger at 60 BTDC and the ems prefers 10 BTDC. Just what ive heard i dont know for sure. But i know PFC is just plug and play. The choice really comes down to which tuner you wanna go with. Every tuner has their preference and i find if you go with a ecu they prefer youll end up with a better overall package because their not trying to learn a unfamiliar ecu.

Just my 2 cents hope it helps.