SAU Community

The Sau Official Track Day 2007

Abo Bob

Big thanks for organising the day!

I had a lot of fun, and managed to pull a 1:09.00 out of the Silvia :rant:

I was very tempted to head straight back out and try to get into the 8's, but it had just started raining again...

SR20DE power! :rant:

Good to see a naturally aspirated silvia beating all the skylines and the rest of the field there on sunday! Imagine how much quicker the silvia would of been than all the skylines if it had a snail, it would of been a no contest :O

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was an awesome day, the atmosphere was great and everyone was very nice - it was good to meet a lot of you (even though I don't know who is who on here).

I managed a 1.16 (confirmed by two people timing) and a possible 1.15 (unconfirmed - only one person timing) and ran very consistent 1.17s which I was very happy with (only 2nd time at a track).

I did end up having a awesome hand warming fire towards the end of the day. Managed to get the car home and get to bed at 3.30 this morning. So very tired right now.

Looks like fun day and all the main players there and good roll up considering it was FREEEZING, I must admit I am a bit of a fair weather sailor with my boat. I was home with my slippers, cardigan, log fire and a glass of Port.

I was there in spirit and had the big download of what went on and all from Paul L. I heard the brake air deflector worked we.

Sounds like I need to visit and buy a set of brake air deflectors....

Good to see a naturally aspirated silvia beating all the skylines and the rest of the field there on sunday! Imagine how much quicker the silvia would of been than all the skylines if it had a snail, it would of been a no contest :O

lol! yeah.. the snail is only good for the straight.. not the most help around the corners!! :rant: Its just the awesome driving of the owner :rant:

Was definately impressed with the cars running semi-slicks, good argument for people to buy them, def help with the lap times holding better corner speed..

That NA Silvia seemed to penetrate my brain everytime it came past, was quick though..

TJ very upset I did not get to see you leave i was to busy going side ways with sam with the semi slicks on god he is funny when he drives he kept head butting me every time we went around a corner.

How did you go anyway ?

Yeh I know what you are saying Brads R32 GTR the one with the side pipes GOD every part of my body hurts from the cornering and acceleration. Awsome awsome awsome

semi's all the way next time

Great day, heaps of track time, wet and dry conditions and nice cold temps for the tubos.

My only problem with the cold temps was that by the time my tyres were up to temp my brakes were overheating, (dam standard brakes!)

Thanks to the organisers, well done.

TJ very upset I did not get to see you leave i was to busy going side ways with sam with the semi slicks on god he is funny when he drives he kept head butting me every time we went around a corner.

How did you go anyway ?

Great day for me. Paul got me from 1:21 to running somewhere around 1:16. Think I can definately knock more off of that with practice. I'm still convined I'm a ways from needing more HP and the major gains are all about the driver. The car handled fantastic. The SK bits had it very well balanced and it was never in doubt. In my case spending on the stabalizer bars, camber & castor kits was the right call over shocks/coils. Recommed it for Jess's car

Sweet day, was good to get the R34 out for its last run. But hope it wont be its last time on the track.

I had a very enjoyable day too.

Thanks heaps to all the people who organised such a top day.

Paul, thank you very much for showing me what the car is born to do and I will promise you that yesterday was not the last time it will be on the track. I will be at the circuit club EC trackday on 4th August. :rant: (hoping to break my 2:17 time in my astra :laughing-smiley-014: )

Excellent day I had an absolute blast. It was very well organised congrats to Adam and the crew.

What happened to you Adam towards the end not much track time?

I think I was running in the low 1:20's, I could not get the lap timer to work dam it. If any one did time me please let me know what you got.

I am looking fwd to the next one.

Cheers,

Ryan

Thanks to those who made this day possible on the day and getting it up and running.

Big thanks to those people who jump in the car with me and gave me pointers and to the guy who lent me the Jack.

No idea what i was running, was good to finaly hit the track in my car :rant:

Thanks Brad(FEAR)

Yeh I know what you are saying Brads R32 GTR the one with the side pipes GOD every part of my body hurts from the cornering and acceleration. Awsome awsome awsome

semi's all the way next time

Yer That gun metal R32 was very loud.

Wouldnt mind going semis myself next time aswell.

hope these well help me next time out too.

post-9955-1183950843_thumb.jpg

no megaphones yet, but they'll be on next time since my exhaust has to come off for repairs :rant:

I reckon you will be getting kicked off a few tracks :rant:

Yer That gun metal R32 was very loud.

Wouldnt mind going semis myself next time aswell.

hope these well help me next time out too.

post-9955-1183950843_thumb.jpg

i run them on my r33 GTR and never had a problem since.