SAU Community

Queenslander

Mud

Depends on your budget and what you're after. As said, Option 1 will give closest to the best (if not the best) deal for Kuhmo and Federals locally. But if you want something like the Bridgestones/Michelin etc, try importing from Tirerack in the states. I got a set of Michelin PS2 there for the price of the Federal RSR locally.

Heeeeyyyy any one able to put my new tyres on rims for a good price around the coast south brissy area :)

Just check to ensure your wheel nuts are put on tight I got new tyres and all the bolts were barely hand tight

I had the opposite issue, had i got a flat i'd hvae been boned.

Well, maybe. The thickness of the sidewall on the RSR's makes me wonder if i'd just be able to use it as a run flat :yucky:

I had the opposite issue, had i got a flat i'd hvae been boned.

That's fairly common from tyre shops - they just smash them on with a rattle gun :(.

Well, maybe. The thickness of the sidewall on the RSR's makes me wonder if i'd just be able to use it as a run flat :yucky:

It's not recommended. They roll OK but it ruins the tyre, and they aren't cheap...

I bought my rims and tyres from them, also some BC coilovers. I was very happy with their service but I put the wheels on myself so I don't know about the loose nut issues.

• Like 1

Have heard it happen a few times (once was a mates diff and they didn't put the main bolts that hold it to the car back in so just banged around) just check them before you leave and should all be sweet. Good pricing though.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same experience with option1 garage...got 4 new tyres as price on federals was good but noticed a strange rattling sound on the way home. Turns out that on the drivers side front I had a bolt flying around held in only by the plastic stock centre cap...another bolt was loose, half on...drivers back tyre was the same, a bolt totally off and others loose.

WTF? Scared me as I was about to go on a trip up the SC...Planned to have other stuff done but haven't gone back since because of the workmanship (or lack thereof).

• Like 1