SAU Community

Vic R33 P Platers

ak_stylez

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after you get your first $1100 fine comes in the mail from your friendly member of the local law enforcement

What do you think you'll do?

Sell of course, not many people are going to be able to pay $1100 off the bat, let along get busted again and loose thier license & pay another $1100

Not sure why you mentioned engineer as it has nothing to do with the laws.

well there was some discussion in the other thread regarding adding weights and engineering it.

Now thats a new 1 on me..

lol............. :(

Sell mate.. or they will take it sooner or latter..

well there was some discussion in the other thread regarding adding weights and engineering it.

Wrong.

You cant just chuck a sand bag or two in the boot to overcome the power to weight.

the old law goes off factory figures unless its modified, were they suggest you get all the mods engineered and make your own calculations.

Wrong again.

The law is off the factory figures. Period.

There is no "unless its modified" "mods are engineered" "whatever".

Its plain, simple and extremely clear cut.

If you drive a vehicle that is over the Power to Weight laws, you will be fined $1100 and 3 demerit points.

Up from the current ~$100 fine that exists now.

And being 5 points in 12 months for a P-Plater, once you get pinged once. You get pinged again, its bye-bye license for 3 months.

So anyone with half a brain would sell up. But alas, people are stupid and will take the gamble

I'm just giving my R33 to my mum until I'm off my P's, I'm sure she will love it, barley drives either, plus I get a speedy 89 pulsar out of it.

Has anyone investigated the old "only car in the family" loophole that allowed people to drive hi-po cars if it was the only car they had access to. I got that exemption when I was on my P's, but as I have no need to investigate now I have no idea if that provision is still there.

Edited by stolen_s15

Its still there, but you have to prove it.

I would suspect the reigns will be drawn in aswell on that issue.

As it was reasonably easy to have it granted. Even though most did not because the fine was minimal anyhow.

Good luck trying to get VicRoads to believe the only car your family owns in your 45yr old fathers modified R33 GTS-t

Wrong.

You cant just chuck a sand bag or two in the boot to overcome the power to weight.

Wrong again.

The law is off the factory figures. Period.

There is no "unless its modified" "mods are engineered" "whatever".

Its plain, simple and extremely clear cut.

If you drive a vehicle that is over the Power to Weight laws, you will be fined $1100 and 3 demerit points.

Up from the current ~$100 fine that exists now.

And being 5 points in 12 months for a P-Plater, once you get pinged once. You get pinged again, its bye-bye license for 3 months.

So anyone with half a brain would sell up. But alas, people are stupid and will take the gamble

Mate there's no need to be such a prick about it.

No one said anything about using sandbags. I was thinking along the lines of adding corner weights.

And for your information:

If your car is modified, you may also need to obtain an engineer's certificate and do your own calculations.

Straight from http://www.arrivealive.vic.gov.au/c_youngGLS_9b.html

Now who's wrong?

Good luck trying to get VicRoads to believe the only car your family owns in your 45yr old fathers modified R33 GTS-t

A good portion of the people on this forum are around that age.

let me get something straight....

if you're on your Ps and you've had your license for over a year - then you get done for driving say an r33, the fine will be $1100 and 3 points?

please tell me the $1100 is a typo and is actually $110 and no loss of demerits...?

:worship:

Edited by R-SPEC

Mate there's no need to be such a prick about it.

No one said anything about using sandbags. I was thinking along the lines of adding corner weights.

And for your information:

Straight from http://www.arrivealive.vic.gov.au/c_youngGLS_9b.html

Now who's wrong?

Im not being a prick, im just sick of posting up the same information every 2 weeks because people are too lazy to search or accept the information provided

As for who is wrong, you are :mellow:

The R33 GTS-t is already a banned car.

That link you provided is for... say... an R32 that is legal, but has been modified and now falls into the restriction zone.

A good portion of the people on this forum are around that age.

What does that have to do with getting an exemption?

R-SPEC - Its no typo :worship:

$1100 and 3 demerits.

bloody hell!

why couldn't these new laws come out in december or something....coz thats when i get off my Ps :worship:

wonder if it would be worth getting an r33 now(or when the laws come out and they'll be dirt cheap!) and storing it till then....

Edited by R-SPEC

Hehe - adding weight to an R33...

remind me next time to never ask a question on this forum :)

i spoke to vicroads today and they said these laws arnt coming cause the havnt been passed by the government or something

Are you certain of this? Anyone confirmed otherwise?