SAU Community

Why A Naturally-aspirated Skyline?

i would say you do more damage for your Na brutha's with your outrageous comments about racing than anything else

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you even read what you type? Seriously?

We're talking about the same car with different engine configurations and because he says the one with more power will be faster you call him stupid and narrow minded. WTF? Then say the NA is power challenged and list engine transplants as some kind of NA is awesome so ner. Get a grip, remember the turbo model also has slightly better susension set-up, 33 at least cbf looking into the others for this post. Same driver the turbo is going to be faster, straigh, twisty or backflips. Same car + more power = faster car mmkay. Your listed transplants don't forget will again make more power with FI.

As for "on the right winding road" yeah well under the right conditions I could beat Mike Tyson to death with my wang but those circumstances are pretty specific and don't really apply to anything.

You sure they were 'racing' you? Sounds more like you are just one of those wankers that 'races' everyone at the lights. Just because you think everyone is challenging your manhood doesn't mean they are.

This post makes sense and clearly doesn't belong here.

You're delusional.

This post it too long.

Yeah I do champ and if you read the quote he stated "any NA car" and in no way did he mention an NA skyline which is why I still stand behind my post of saying stupidest comment ever. Me listing other engine transplants was to open up your eyes that there are other NA engines out there that can come up with good useable power.The power challenged comment was directed at my car saying I have gone from turbo to NA and MY car is power challenged. Maybe YOU should comprehend what you you are reading before typing a rebuttle.

And not once in my post did I call him stupid so dont quote things that wernt said.

As for the mike tyson comment well we will leave that as is I think.....

Edited by smurf80

Yeah I do champ and if you read the quote he stated "any NA car" and in no way did he mention an NA skyline which is why I still stand behind my post of saying stupidest comment ever. Me listing other engine transplants was to open up your eyes that there are other NA engines out there that can come up with good useable power.The power challenged comment was directed at my car saying I have gone from turbo to NA and MY car is power challenged. Maybe YOU should comprehend what you you are reading before typing a rebuttle.

And not once in my post did I call him stupid so dont quote things that wernt said.

As for the mike tyson comment well we will leave that as is I think.....

I find it quite bemusing that some GTS owners are trying to justify why they bought a NA vehicle instead of a turbo one. You did it because you wanted to regardless of whatever reason. Therefore, in other words - it's fate neverless.

I don't think any NA owner should make comments that they think they can outrun, outspeed a turbo car as this is totally incorrect and dreamy. That said, doesn't matter what kind of vehicle you drive, as long as you're happy that's the main thing Turbo or otherwise.

He mentions any other car besides a skyline where exactly?

Somehow you think I don't know other NA engines exist? How are any other engines in any way shape or form relavent to this?

I appologise most sincerely you called his comment the stupidest comment you had ever seen here not he himself stupid :(

I officially declare this topic wasteland material.

Oh yeah, I am a champ. Finally recognition.

Edited by DivHunter

He mentions any other car besides a skyline where exactly?

Somehow you think I don't know other NA engines exist? How are any other engines in any way shape or form relavent to this?

I appologise most sincerely you called his comment the stupidest comment you had ever seen here not he himself stupid :)

I officially declare this topic wasteland material.

Oh yeah, I am a champ. Finally recognition.

There his words not mine if he was talking about RB20, RB25 NA's I would of had no reason to respond because I would agree but in his post which I have quoted over and over he said "any NA"

And as for the stupidest comment and calling him stupid they are two totally different things obviously you dont have the smarts to figure that out.

I agree it is wasteland material

End rant.

Edited by smurf80

Why N/A skylines?

Cause I can buy a replacement engine for about NZ$300 or another auto transmission for NZ$50. Not to mention you can get cheap upgrades by buying gtst parts (eg brakes etc)

Fantastic DIY car - it would take some serious f**k ups to really break it.

Having said that I have seen a s13 with a modifed s14 NA motor in it give the turbo boys a scare.

1:10 around Wakefield Park is more than just a "scare". There's plenty of more-than-light-tune turbo Silvias and Skylines that would struggle to break into 1:12 there.

And Dumhed's engine is running a stock bottom end - to my knowledge aside from an exhaust and intake all he's got is cams and PowerFC. So its not exactly some purpose built race engine either.

As for "on the right winding road" yeah well under the right conditions I could beat Mike Tyson to death with my wang but those circumstances are pretty specific and don't really apply to anything.

Actually, I was referring to any country road that isn't comprised of high speed sweepers.

So, since you're in Melbourne, I was referring to stuff like Black Spur, Great Ocean Road between Anglesea and Apollo Bay, and to a certain extent Mt Dandenong. So the circumstances aren't that "specific", if you're into cornering. Roads like that aren't rare or specific, its just hard to find them as relatively unpopulated as the examples I've given.

On GOR, when you go west just past Apollo Bay and into the forest, the corners open up and become a lot more sweeping, and that's where all the extra power and taller final drive of a turbo will give it a significant advantage. But those are 160km/hr corners+ (not that I'd ever condone going that fast on public roads, of course).

However, on the parts where it hugs the water, and you're in 2nd / 3rd gear, the extra response, better grip to power ratio, and lighter weight of a NA car would give it more than a fighting chance of keeping up.

I've refrained from posting in this thread for a while. the guy that started it is an idiot. But seriosuly guys. power is far from a defining point of a good car. Cars are personal prefrence if were all created the same life would be f**ken boring, some people love NA engines some people like turbos. Some people can drive a piece of shit car round a track faster then an ego driven f**kwit in an aspirated car. Seriously this thread is useless.

the answer to "WHY" is because they want one, for their own reasons, they need not explain anything to anyone so get the f**k over it!

i have driven both a NA sr20 and turbo sr20 powered cars. the turbo was running 9psi, pod and exhaust. the NA was running k&n panel filter, advanced timing and full exhaust. out of slow corners (2000rpm in second, just cruising round town) the na would pull away slightly till about 4000rpm when you would be wainting for the throw back in the seat that the turbo gave you the NA did still have a kick at around 5k thanks to the extractors, but not as much as the turbo. if it was rolling start from around 3500rpm then the NA would only pull away for a second before it was easily reeled in by the turbo.

now r33s are slightly different since they come into boost much earlier than an sr20, so the performance side of it leans much more towards the turbo. but that said, for an everyday driver with a bit of thrashing a NA is going to be cheaper on the pocket. not chance of turbo letting go and doing other damage. but then it is easier to get performance gains out of the turbo.

if a NA was built to put out the same power as a turbo then it would probably be more laggy than the turbo.

i would personally go the turbo, but that isn't just for the performance, but the noise, and whole package that goes with it.

n/a's being high compression, i would imagine thats why they pick up and go a bit more in the low RPM range than the turbo models..? Well that seems logical to me.

1:10 around Wakefield Park is more than just a "scare". There's plenty of more-than-light-tune turbo Silvias and Skylines that would struggle to break into 1:12 there.

And Dumhed's engine is running a stock bottom end - to my knowledge aside from an exhaust and intake all he's got is cams and PowerFC. So its not exactly some purpose built race engine either.

I've been following dumheads build up on nissansilvia for years. he surely knows his stuff and has a well setup car. There is another guy on there with an s14 motor running a similar setup but with a SAFC instead of a power fc I think his username was boodies or something.

This thread is over lol..

1. People have their own reasons for owning an N/A skyline, whether it be restrictions, financial, specific interest etc..

2. A car might be better than another on paper, but the car doesn't drive itself.. A large percentage comes down to driver skill.

3. Can't we all just get along? :sorcerer:

Everyone in the world has a differant opinion, Whether a minority has the same opinion, or a majority have the same opinion, it still doesnt matter because in some way everyone is still going to have a slightly differant opinion on something, It comes down to people being able to accept that there is no RIGHT or WRONG with some things, and we need to accept other peoples opinions, Personally i think 4 cylinders are a complete waste of time and money and i would never own one, But that is my personal opinion, Its not right or wrong and im not gonna try and persuade everyone to think the same, Thats what we need alot more of here :stupid:

Personally i think 4 cylinders are a complete waste of time and money and i would never own one, But that is my personal opinion, Its not right or wrong and im not gonna try and persuade everyone to think the same

Why? Some of the most enjoyable cars to drive are 4 cylinders, assuming you want to drive fast and you're not just interested in cruising around.

The fastest "production" car around the Nurburgring is a NA 4 banger, and it runs a time the next GT-R hasn't got a hope in hell of beating.

I am a 33 GTST owner, all im going to say to the knockers of the n/a motors are Try doing the ultimate control skidpan day in your turbo, the N/a cars were much neater and more consistant compared to the turbo cars that keep spining in the tight events due to the large amounts of power they had.

Its now how many kw's you have, it how you use the kw's

Boys get a grip here (especially NA owners). First things first, all Skylines are great and kickarse cars to own, to drive around and to bring to the track. Doesn't matter if their small, big, long, fat, modified, stock as a farken rock, black, grey, green, blue or pink for that matter... now, having got that of my chest. Let's face it, if you own a NA vehicle there's no way in hell you can beat a supercharged, turbocharged or FI car. Face it, this is called reality. Trying to make up excuses that on twisties or curves you would outrun the above vehicles is absurd and not too wise.

Saying that a NA (not just Skylines, but any vehicle or make) will give you better driving skills is again a denial as this does not improve your driving skills. It's a bit last say, if I buy a 'Type-R' sticker and wack it on the back of my arse, it would be my vehicle run faster - yes, it certainly does mate - in your own world and mind it does.

Ok fellas, now; NA's do have advantages or PRO's if yo will. 1) They are more fuel-efficient (in today's world, damn I wish mine was more fuel-efficient); 2) No Turbo Lag; 3) Less hard to maintain, 4) You can't blow your turbo or have it die on your because you don't have one; and lucky last 5) You won't really drag much people (Which will endanger your life) because you know in your gut that if you drag a turbo/supercharged vehicle they will rip you up for dead.

It is also absurd if you compare Turbos and NA's together. It's like comparing Apples and Oranges, Penises and Vaginas...well, you get the picture no need to dig too deep here. Look fellas, just love your ride for what it is, what it means to you. My first car was an old BA Ford Falcon, still miss it heaps as it used to take me to and from school, it had the raw power and also it was comfy to ride in on trips. So yeah, don't compare your vehicle with others mates.

I would never compared my GST-T to a GT-R. Although my beast has shitloads of mods and probably would keep up or destroy a GT-R, this is not the point; I love my ride for what it is, not what it can do or should do. I love all Skylines, NA , TURBO, TWIN-TURO - love them all.

When I see a fellow Skyline next to me on the lights, I wind down my window and say hello. I don't really give a rat's vagina if he then jetted off and blew me off with his BOV. So what? I know the power of my beast, I know it's potential and the countless hours of work I have put into working on it, so there's no need to prove this to anyone but myself.

Peace all. No offense indeeded for anyone or any Skyline. I love all Skylines....

Try giving your Skyline a name and you will soon understand that it's your beast not your metal automobile on wheels.

Mine is called "Nismosus" - ましたわ.

Laterz,