SAU Community

Why A Naturally-aspirated Skyline?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the NA cauz it was my first car, I like my legs attatched :D

Turbo can come later when i have some more experience under my belt, just being logical

Plus NA's are cheaper to run and the boys in blue don't hassle you as much

I couldn't be happier with my car :D,

Sean'O

......... GTR is gonna be fun though lol (2 years away wooo!)

i sorta felt a bit insulted by the mannor that quistion was put forward, i love my car when it was na spent 2 years very sporty great handling with not to much power that is was a great learning car, and heaps of fun to drive.

i only turboed mine cause i wanted to mod it myself i would have gone 3lt bottom end nah but i didnt have the expertise,

turbos are another thing that is going to kill your car, they are the reason for a lot of dead skylines

RIP

i sorta felt a bit insulted by the mannor that quistion was put forward, i love my car when it was na spent 2 years very sporty great handling with not to much power that is was a great learning car, and heaps of fun to drive.

i only turboed mine cause i wanted to mod it myself i would have gone 3lt bottom end nah but i didnt have the expertise,

turbos are another thing that is going to kill your car, they are the reason for a lot of dead skylines

RIP

Dont take it to heart mate, if you have seen some of the other topics and posts this guy has made he either posts stuff that isnt correct or gets flamed for the others. All in all I like NA as there is no lag and thats one thing that used to annoy me with a turbo. NA motor + Turbo would be the ultimate as it appears you have done. Good luck with it!

Edited by smurf80

definitely a good idea to go na first. My first car was a toyota celica(gay i know but hey it was my training wheels), Then a mx6(bit more power still gay), followed by a R32 GTST(lots of fun and gave me a feel but wasnt the most responsive to mods) and now a series 2 R33(still alot of fun, doesnt handle as well as the 32 but is more powerful and responsive to mods).

If you're not in the position to afford a turbo or haven't had much experience or just simply like the way na's drive, i strongly suggest buying a na.

in my opinion there is less things that can go wrong!! hhehehehe! no replacing of expensive turbos when they decided to go!!!! and better fuel consumption too, unless you drive hard, which i tend to do sometimes, but my girl can handle it pretty well.

the sound of NA straight six is just amazing, I'm driving a turbo RB20 'cause we seldom come across any kind of NA version of the RB engine here, if they import it in, it sure cost 2 or 3 times more than the turbo one

dang....that sound bloody awesome....:)

Heh heh, does aye. Don't want to do any more mods in case the noise goes away lol

Strangely, my GTS rallycar with exactly the same mods doesn't make that sound.

Heh heh, does aye. Don't want to do any more mods in case the noise goes away lol

Strangely, my GTS rallycar with exactly the same mods doesn't make that sound.

I got an NA because it was my first sports car with a bit more power. My first two cars were just little run about types that were really cheap to get me through uni. Now that I have more money I wanted a nice car. I got the NA cause I didn't want a car that was more than I could handle. I want to do a turbo conversion later, but I'm very happy with my NA. Its reliable and cheap to run, and I feel I've become a better driver with it.

Rather increase in stages rather than go for the whole hog and then lose it. You might think NA's are slow. Yea, maybe compared stock for stock with a GTSt, but they are not that slow. :) Just a few mods can get you up to similar power figures to the GTSt's with no lag

Edited by R33-GTS

stormlcc, WTF IS THAT SHIT !!!@?

Yeh i was thinking the same thing, wtF's with that?!?!

And sif having a NA makes u a better driver... U can drive just as slow in a fast car as u can in a slow one

Yeh i was thinking the same thing, wtF's with that?!?!

And sif having a NA makes u a better driver... U can drive just as slow in a fast car as u can in a slow one

why should we listen to you... you're just a mere RB20 owner...

I'd rather drive a 550 Maranello ferrari, but who gives a shit arent we are talking about NA skylines?

spot on buddy.

No car is hassle free.

You have no turbo lag because you don't have a turbo, just sayin'.

Turbo 33s are cheap.

Cops don't care as much if they can tell the difference.

If you are worried your right foot is going to send you off the road in any car please don't drive near me and see an exorcist about your possesed foot.

How the engine gets it's air doesn't have any effect on how good a driver you are.

When someone tells you how much of an awesome driver they because they drive an excel what do you think of them?

I know a guy who had a 600cc buzzbox, is he a good driver because his car was piss weak? No.

If it's not blown, it sucks :P