SAU Community

Help Needed

stagpower

hey everyone,just a few things about my s1 stag i need help with,there are a few things so whatever you know would be good,ok first is the switch to the right of the steering wheel with a pic of a window and wiper,when switched a red light comes on,what does it do haha,

2-the clips on the passenger side along the side,whats that for??

and 3- has anyone else had trouble with headlight globes and plugs??my plug has kind of melted twice now(by kinda i mean a melted a little)

any help would be appreciated,thanks

UPDATED! does anyone in perth know where there is a car yard that will do trade in on my stag or will buy it out right,i have been trying for 2 months as auto trader readers would have noticed...and hav only had time wasters,thanks

Edited by stagpower

hey everyone,just a few things about my s1 stag i need help with,there are a few things so whatever you know would be good,ok first is the switch to the right of the steering wheel with a pic of a window and wiper,when switched a red light comes on,what does it do haha,

2-the clips on the passenger side along the side,whats that for??

and 3- has anyone else had trouble with headlight globes and plugs??my plug has kind of melted twice now(by kinda i mean a melted a little)

any help would be appreciated,thanks

1. Unless I'm very wrong, the wiper controls should be on the LEFT of the steering wheel, and the rear window wiper should be on the same stalk as the front windscreen wipers. On the RIGHT of the steering wheel is where your indicators and headlights are, so I'm guessing that other switch is you turning on your fog lights (the yellow ones).

2. What clips are you talking about? Your question is too generalised - maybe take a few pics or give us a better description.

3. If the plugs on your headlights are melting, maybe take the car to an Auto Electrician to sort that out...

is the switch to the right of the steering wheel with a pic of a window and wiper,when switched a red light comes on,what does it do haha.

If it is wiper related, you might have heated wipers?!?! (was that an option?)

Useful in Japan where the wiper blades could freeze to the screen or even become hard and frozen in extreme conditions.

^ thats usually able to be seen as it is a demister strip like the back window one running along the bottom of the windscreen - they heat the glass not the wiper blades (being made out of rubber and/or silicon they wouldn't respond to electrical heating real well....)

picsorban?

Is'nt it quite a tickle when you buy a vehicle that does not have a set of operating instructions?? LOLLOLLOL

It took me at least twominutes to find the hand, err, foot brake. I still have a laugh about it. And not being able to get the stupid rotten sod out of park without putting your foot on the foot brake. I'd had heaps of autos and that was a first for me.

I guess it is allpart of the Stagea Saga.

I luv em.

my mates lx torana had the foot hand brake because it had a bench seat. if you want to do a comparison shane drop round after work,

yeh sounds good,will organise with you one day,will you be at the stag cruise?

2) If you are referring to the 2 clips on the passager side foot kick panel, they were used to hold the road side emergency flares back in japan... alas I reckon only about 40% of cars arrive here with them still attatched...

Me thinks they get taken along the way for people to have fun with :D

^^^Yeah. I have owned a few imports now (all Nissans) and have never had the pleasure of getting the factory flare. But a work friend just got a mint R33 and it came with the flare. Nothing special really I guess but its pretty cool just to get one. I probably wouldn't want to use it though just to keep it there :D Mind you, it would probably fetch a bit on Ebay :)

Edited by Mr_RS4

yeh it is the right size for a flare of some sort to fit,thanks for clearing that up,as for the others,i wil get some pics up.thanks for the help everyone

I got these 2 thick (one red and one green) manuals in a red stagea folder when I got my car. Heaps of stuff in them but since they're all in Japanese I can only look at the pics and try and make sense of it. I remember seeing a pic of that switch before and it pointed to something to do with the wind screen. I assumed it had something to do with heating it as well. But I have never been able to test it out!

page 74 stagea manual..

wiper de-icer..

press lower part of switch & system will turn on for 15mins and automatically turn off..

just in case someone throws an esky on your car..

i converted my flare clips into a mag lite style torch holder and its kind of a handy spot to keep torch too cos it will usually be the passenger that is req'd to hold one anyway, only thing was that the clips are a touch small for a "MAGLITE" but some other equivalent brand torches will fit straight in them.

or you could just buy the proper maglite brand clips and install them in the originals place i spose?

cheers oxford

• 1 month later...

Leetom is correct, the "Wiper de-icer system" usually came with a cold weather spec pack which also included heated wing mirrors, rear fog lamps & if you coupled that with the "S Pack" you would get a rear viscous Limited slip diff (LSD)