SAU Community

Wheel Alignment

jippa3000

Hey all,

I am in urgent need of a place (closer to the SE) that knows how to do wheel alingment for our cars. The last place I went did a crap job so I want someone that knows all about the 4 wheel steering and 4 wheel drive etc.

Cheers

• 1 year later...

is there a such thing like a better wheel alignment place. i.e. they do more things etc..

am just after a basic one after wheels and tyres change , ive got quoted $100 and $50 in different palces, now i have standard

suspension set upwith lowered springs , do i really need a camber caster alignment?

another +1 for traction tyres.

they are straight up with what needs to be done and nothing more. dominic will ask you what alignment you want be it tyresaver or performance. Unfortunately its usally one or the other..ha basic front and back wheel alignment should cost $77 maybe abit more and the camber and castor alignment should be included as its what they adjust anyways to align your wheels. If someoen tells you otherwise hang up :D if your car is too low you may need camber kits but they will tell you if do need em.

Very happy with the service from Traction Tyres on both of my cars. Good advice and very reasonably priced. Took the time to talk to me which is something most places don't do these days.

is there a such thing like a better wheel alignment place. i.e. they do more things etc..

Well, yes, OR they could just do a better job of the same things :laugh:

They're adjusting things, they can choose how much do adjust each part, its quite complex if you have camber/caster adjusters, and quality does vary a lot.

I've used traction tyres before, they are not cheap but very thorough and I'd recommend them...

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Sorry to bring up an older thread but searched for recommendations on wheel alignment places and this was the one that came up.

Have the settings I require just need someone to align it for me, is this the place to go too over that side of Melb and do they have a proper wheel alignment equipment or is it done by string and tape?

Matt

Edited by boxheadmr

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Took a little trip  went to nismo hoping the get my fuel tank hoses and unfortunately they told me they didn’t have stock luckily I was able to go to a Nissan parts store and they were able to order them in for me  then can home and cleaned the tank with some degreaser and fitted the new hoses before putting it back in the car 
    • 100% I’ll hack into the 33. Strap a turbo onto the RB25DE and/or put the 25 head on a 30 block. 33 passed in cos the reserve was too high. I’ll try lowballing it again and negotiate. Aim is to have it landed and on the road for under 15k, then spend the same amount on top in mods.
    • It's generally best practise to run 1x run without VCT enabled, then 1x run enabled till redline. Overlay the two torque graphs and you'll find the desired RPM to turn off VCT. Sometimes, it might be even worthwhile turning off VCT earlier control torque/cylinder pressure and using VCT purely to spool the turbo.
    • They sell them in Malaysia for about $4
    • First time I ever have issues with Amazon, but my wife often tells me to keep an eye out for fakes. It finally got me. I wrapped up the conversation with Gates. The gentlemen I was talking to seemed to hate his job but the response time on their technical support is outstanding. He stated that the hose is marked with some variation of "SAE J30R10" but that if you only purchase a 1 foot length like I did, it is possible to get a cut between markings and have a blank hose. To no ones surprise, he stated the swelling and "gummyness" isn't normal and to replace/buy from somewhere else (He mentioned NAPA). I'll toss a small end of the new one in gas for a few days before pulling the hanger out again, just to be safe.  Hose should arrive Monday. For those running multiple pump in tank hangers, you know the joys of getting them out and back in. I'm surprised I haven't destroyed my level float yet.  Lastly once I wrap all of this up, I'm planning on hitting the dyno again in 2 weeks while I'm on vacation. I realized recently that my VCT is set to turn off at 5000RPM. I'm surprised it wasn't increased while I was on the dyno last. I'm expecting I can increase it to ~6500RPM, if not more. Should hopefully get another 15-20kw out of it. I also want him to revisit my knock thresholds. I'm occasionally getting false knock around 3000rpm.