SAU Community

Magical Switch

rs4 stag

Hey just a new topic about a switch, it is located right beside your foot if it were on the accelerator. It is fairly well hidden mine has japanese writing and "SW" on it and the loom dissapears in to the car.

so check your cars and tell me what you think, it may only be a series 2 thing? not sure, and i know for a fact that 3 of the stag's at the yard i bought it from have the same switch, and the dealer knows nothing about it.

EDIT BY Ska - Please do not use racial slurs.

post-36068-1179575405_thumb.jpg

post-36068-1179575490_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its the switch for your auto start feature. my s1 has it and it came with the start remote separate to the keys. looks like a mini mobile phone

Hey just a new topic about a switch, it is located right beside your foot if it were on the accelerator. It is fairly well hidden mine has japanese writing and "SW" on it and the loom dissapears in to the car.

so check your cars and tell me what you think, it may only be a series 2 thing? not sure, and i know for a fact that 3 of the stag's at the yard i bought it from have the same switch, and the dealer knows nothing about it.

Nice....Pure Class :)

its the switch for your auto start feature. my s1 has it and it came with the start remote separate to the keys. looks like a mini mobile phone

that sounds like a viper alarm system, not a factory thing.

little blue mobile style thing, yeah?

mate of mine has it in his supra

yeah the amount of arrogant people in this country disgusts me.... people still use words like that.. morons sigh :huh:

yeah the amount of arrogant people in this country disgusts me.... people still use words like that.. morons sigh :D

thanks for the info everyone, whats the problem with the word japanese, and why would you put up a special post about being offended by it? sorry if i did offend, i'll say "japenese" next time.

and how Sleepynight can judge someone by reading one sentence amazes me! pull your head in.

na definatley nissan spec cos the auto start remote has nissan writing on it. i think it would be common in the colder parts of japan

well there ya go, i stand corrected. :D

it only runs the car for 30 seconds or something before shutting it down if the key isnt put in though?

i doubt thats going to help much if its cold, wouldnt even be enough time to get anything remotely warm. :D

ok my car came with the immobiliser,alarm, turbo timer, auto door lock ( when travelling and remote engine start. Just found out about the remote engine start and off not too long ago and i thaught it was cool. All i know the brand of the thing is bommeranf and in came with a manual(in japanese). And its got a small remote that looks like a smal walkie talkie. Like the one in the business trade section that they are selling for around A$350. pretty cool/ Saved me abput A$600 from needing to reinstall a new alram system

So, I've got a question: if I was to carry both my regular Stagea remote key around and my alarm remote, could I disarm my alarm, start my car via remote, and have it running? Do I need the special remote, or can I start the car by holding down the "Unlock" button or something similar on my current central locking key? I might try this if there is even the theory that it might work, even if it's only just to know whether or not it works...

*Must remember to not leave the car parked in gear!

thanks for the info everyone, whats the problem with the word japanese, and why would you put up a special post about being offended by it? sorry if i did offend, i'll say "japenese" next time.

and how Sleepynight can judge someone by reading one sentence amazes me! pull your head in.

hahaha wow, you just validated my point. Class A right here :)

edit: sorry for off topic.. but had to say something... please continue :)

Edited by Ska

Nah, I am gonna continue this "off topic" thing for a bit...

The problem with words like that is it is derrogatory and demeaning in the extreme.

Now consider that this is a forum dedicated to Japanese cars and Japanese car enthusiasts, maybe there is a strong possibility that there are actually some Japanese people on here who might take offense? I am not even faintly asian (4th generation Aussie actually) and I get my back up at any racist remarks like that so pull your f**king head in!

Jippa - any chance you could post a pic of this remote starter thingy so the rest of us n00bs can see what you are on about please? Never actually seen this in any car before and it has peaked my interest. I have a alarm and TT that are tied in together and I am gonna be interested to see if this can be made to work with all the other fruit.

Nah, I am gonna continue this "off topic" thing for a bit...

The problem with words like that is it is derrogatory and demeaning in the extreme.

Now consider that this is a forum dedicated to Japanese cars and Japanese car enthusiasts, maybe there is a strong possibility that there are actually some Japanese people on here who might take offense? I am not even faintly asian (4th generation Aussie actually) and I get my back up at any racist remarks like that so pull your f**king head in!

Jippa - any chance you could post a pic of this remote starter thingy so the rest of us n00bs can see what you are on about please? Never actually seen this in any car before and it has peaked my interest. I have a alarm and TT that are tied in together and I am gonna be interested to see if this can be made to work with all the other fruit.

WTF? i have appoligised for using that term, whats the problem? i said i will use the proper term next time, and i don't get on here and bag ppl for how they use certain terms. Get over it and talk about cars, i think thats wat this forum is about?