SAU Community

Gtst Into Awd

Jimmyr33

gday all,

im new to sau forums and just would like to say hi,

im also planning modifying my 1997 s2 R33 gts-t into an all wheel drive (taking r33 gtr bits and putting it into mine)

just wanting to know, is it possible? if so, what major parts are needed?

cheers

anything is possible if u have enough money mate :P

dunno about the process of actually doing it

if it was a 32 i would of said should of got a Gts4 but dont think there is a 33 Gts4 ?

if it was a 32 i would of said should of got a Gts4 but dont think there is a 33 Gts4 ?

There is but it's atmo, not turbo.

Oh yeah, also it's "would have" not "would of". Bloody schools these days....

in short, new front chasis rails, new cross member, and a lot of panel work making it all fit

plus the different motor to accomodate the 4wd sump, there are differences between RWD and AWD motors, plus a mountain of other crap to do

can be done, but it won't be cheap

in short, new front chasis rails, new cross member, and a lot of panel work making it all fit

plus the different motor to accomodate the 4wd sump, there are differences between RWD and AWD motors, plus a mountain of other crap to do

can be done, but it won't be cheap

cheers, thats what i wanted to know... hrm, mite just look at flaring rear guards and putting in some massive rims and tyres so i can get traction... currently, when i put my foot down, i can still spin wheels in 3rd and its making drag times suffer...

any ideas for increased rear traction? softer rear springs? wider rubber?

cheers, thats what i wanted to know... hrm, mite just look at flaring rear guards and putting in some massive rims and tyres so i can get traction... currently, when i put my foot down, i can still spin wheels in 3rd and its making drag times suffer...

any ideas for increased rear traction? softer rear springs? wider rubber?

how much power do you have?

i've got 350rwhp +, with 235 on the rear, if i launch it hard i 2issue with traction in 1st but once into 2nd she just goes!

ohh i've also got a few suspension bits and a good wheel alignment setup (only little camber on the rear).

if ur having issue maybe look at buying a good rubber. also what conidtion is ur lsd in?

edit: much easier way to fix your traction problem sell up buy a gtr lol ;p

Cheers Michael

how much power do you have?

i've got 350rwhp +, with 235 on the rear, if i launch it hard i 2issue with traction in 1st but once into 2nd she just goes!

ohh i've also got a few suspension bits and a good wheel alignment setup (only little camber on the rear).

if ur having issue maybe look at buying a good rubber. also what conidtion is ur lsd in?

edit: much easier way to fix your traction problem sell up buy a gtr lol ;p

Cheers Michael

i got 371hp at rears with 255 R comp semi slicks (super soft rubber)

whole car is in mint contition. (lsd included)

ive got kyb shocks with HKS springs which arent too hard... i was told that to increase the rear weight transfer during launch to put the stockies back in at the rear..... mite work but a pain in the butt to do everytime i wanna boot it

These work very well, i have a set in my car and it is set for traction. One of the best and cheapest mods i have done. Also if your car is lowered and the camber on the back is out, try looking for some adjustable upper control arms. These will correct the camber issues and get you more tyre contact with the road.

i shall investigate this further, they sound like a good idea, more squat is deffinatly required. my rear tyres are 0 camber and fronts at -1 (little better handling).

cheers

These work very well, i have a set in my car and it is set for traction. One of the best and cheapest mods i have done. Also if your car is lowered and the camber on the back is out, try looking for some adjustable upper control arms. These will correct the camber issues and get you more tyre contact with the road.

I heard it would be easier to make a GTS-4 into a GTR spec than it is to make a GTS-T GTR spec...

My goal is to one-day make a four door, manual AWD Skyline with an RB30DETT... Big money I know, but that is my dream....

All your engine mounts and a great many other things are different between GTS-T, GTS-4 and GTR, but the fact that GTS-4 already has the ATTESSA AWD system makes the conversion a shit-load easier to accomplish...