SAU Community

A Defect And A Call For Help

deel_249

you can't film them with out there permission. this was bought up AGES ago i can't remeber which thread otherwise i would link (and i'm not going throu 84 pages to find it :D) From memory it had to do with vange going through a yellow light and being pulled up by the cops

Edited by Whiplash

Always get the cop's id number and dont just sit back. If you feel you are being picked on dont be a nother soft cock, stand for your rights!!!!!!!!!!! I dont understand why ppl are getting defected for stupid things????? I understand if you have a bigger turbo or boost controler and all that but for stupid staff,Thats f**ked

Its fairly poor if we can't film the police.. What do they have to hide?

I'm assuming this is just an Aussy thing? Or has america since changed the laws that no one can film them after the big black bashing incident that caused massive riots?!? This exact reason is why we should be allowed to have to power to film police should we feel the need they are abusing their power.

I feel your pain... i was defected down near morphett vale, exhaust too loud and 30mm too low straight to regency with my 32 GTR. H didnt really seem to care that i have just replaced all my suspension and bushes along with my subframe bushes, new tyres and the list goes on to actually improve the safety of the car. He goes on to say these things are fast and could outrun a cop car, i thought to my self well why the hell did i stop? ahah

Does anyone know if GTR and GTST sroings are different? I thought gtst would be lighter grade as car is lighter...

as youve mentioned, youll definitely need to return it to stock ride height.

get rid of your boost gauge temporarilty, and make sure you hide any of the wiring that powers it.

As for your exhaust, they dont actually defect aftermarket systems (providing you have a cat convertor to comply with emissions); they actually defect the noise level: from memory, i think the max sound level youre aloud to have for a 6cylinder is 90DB. (mine measured 93, and they still fkn picked me for it... wankers.)

if you have a turbo timer, you will need to lose that as well.

They will also check/do: a brake test, check that child anchorage points are accessible through your parcel shelf for a baby seat, check your tyres arent too worn, test your seat belts, test your indicators lights and brake lights, test your horn, they will basically examine underneath your car for rust, seized up bushes etc, and of course > they will peer under your bonnet for stuff that isnt ment to be there like open to atmo BOVs. They cant say f**k all about the stock one. You should be able to pass with a pod filter, and a sturt brace as well.

93 dB is twice as loud as 90dB. Its a logrithmic scale and every 3 dB is double the volume. Its its twice as loud as the legal limit, not only just over.

93 dB is twice as loud as 90dB. Its a logrithmic scale and every 3 dB is double the volume. Its its twice as loud as the legal limit, not only just over.

i thought that logorithmic scale was to the power of 10, so it required unit of 10 times the magnitude to double the volume.... then again its been soooo long since i've done any maths, its probably all wrong

edit: actually its the other way around, you increas the volume from 1 to 10, it doesnt increase it 10x it increases it 100x... however i think its diminishing as you increase the volume, from 90 to 100 isnt a 100x increase... anyhows, rambling, and was initially wrong, still dont think its twice as loud... =P

Edited by Fishpaste~

Does anyone know if GTR and GTST sroings are different? I thought gtst would be lighter grade as car is lighter...

for a R33 GTR and GTSt use the same front's but the rears are different

sorry to hear of your unfortunate date with police

you would be able to ring a traffic solicitor to find out about filming the police and if when i speak to mine next i remember i will ask him

but you will have to remember the act that allows you this right otherwise they would tell you, you cant

he cant touch me if i choose the record him, if he does ill charge the cop with sexual assault.

dont worry mate i think you be safe from getting touched anywhere sexual lol

Edited by sinistagtst

its sad... my car isnt even as loud as a lot of others out there (until the revs climb high of course). You do need to remember with this sound test though, they make you rev to about 3500rpm then measure the sound.