SAU Community

M35 Ar-x Four Finally Got It

ausis

I finally have my car. After waiting 1 year to get it. It was the sooty car coming through compliance. I think that makes mine the first M35 registered in Oz.Ive had it for a whole 2 days now and bum has hardly left the seat. Have not gotten the TV or sat-nave working yet, that will be a little latter on. I was talking to a lady that has a V35 Skyline yesterday, who put me onto a business here in Perth who can get them going. But at the price he is asking of $1500, bugger that, for now anyways. Other more important thing need immediate attention.First impressions. Bloody beautiful interior. Full tan leather, heated seats and options coming out the wazoo. Very surprised it dose not have a cruse control. Maybe it was an option and the previous owners did not want it on this one as it has everything else. Bit disappointed about the no cruse control.Driving is a dream. Starts pulling from 2300-2400 rpm and by 3000rpm its pulling hard all the way to 5000rpm wear it seems to start dropping off a bit. Will be having it dinoed in a couple of weeks before the new exhaust inter-cooler boost controller and cold air intake go on. Will post them when I have them. I'm looking to get 350kw at the flywheel. If these add ons are not enough, will be looking at a turbo upgrade.Rear view through the back window is terrible, Lucky I'm good with side mirrors.The Holden adventura like body skirts are shit, I hate them. I bought this car for the interior. I have a new Dolphin set of body skirts coming for it, front side and rear which was always the plan.Suspension is extremely soft. Makes you feel a little detached from the road but it is comfortable. This will also need attention at a later date.All in all I'm very happy with my car. Surprised the hell out of a mate of mine in his V8 holden as he disappeared in my rear view, and that's stock.After a visit to a skyline gurro here in Perth he recons all my add ons are going to be very easy to install. It already has a front mount inter-cooler with good sized 2.5 inch pipe work that can be used. The biggest power gain will be from the exhaust upgrade as the old one has a huge muffler on it that is about a 3rd of the length of the vehicle. Talk about choked up. The pipe going into it is around 1.5 inch. It is quiet though when you put your boot into it I hear the engine noise but no exhaust note at all.All in all I'm very pleased with my car love the stick 5 speed auto and well the whole drive train is great.I did test drive the liberty B spec and the VW Passat as well. They will be a spec in your rear view in no time with this car.First Impressions "BEAUTIFUL"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally have my car. After waiting 1 year to get it. It was the sooty car coming through compliance. I think that makes mine the first M35 registered in Oz.

There are a few around, I have test driven one but couldnt get past the auto, looked into conversions in japan but, no luck, very nice car though, good luck with it. there are a few turbo kits for them but the bottom end is not like the rb for strength apparently.

I'm hoping not to have to touch the engine internals. Everything I have read on the VQ motors are that they are a very solid engine.

I hope your wrong about the bottom end I would hate for it to go bang at any time.

Does anyone have any expiriance with the VQ engine range?

I was led to believe by my importer that this car was the first of type. I'm starting to think that this was just the excuse used for it taking so long.

I finally have my car. After waiting 1 year to get it. It was the sooty car coming through compliance. I think that makes mine the first M35 registered in Oz.Ive had it for a whole 2 days now and bum has hardly left the seat. Have not gotten the TV or sat-nave working yet, that will be a little latter on. I was talking to a lady that has a V35 Skyline yesterday, who put me onto a business here in Perth who can get them going. But at the price he is asking of $1500, bugger that, for now anyways. Other more important thing need immediate attention.First impressions. Bloody beautiful interior. Full tan leather, heated seats and options coming out the wazoo. Very surprised it dose not have a cruse control. Maybe it was an option and the previous owners did not want it on this one as it has everything else. Bit disappointed about the no cruse control.Driving is a dream. Starts pulling from 2300-2400 rpm and by 3000rpm its pulling hard all the way to 5000rpm wear it seems to start dropping off a bit. Will be having it dinoed in a couple of weeks before the new exhaust inter-cooler boost controller and cold air intake go on. Will post them when I have them. I'm looking to get 350kw at the flywheel. If these add ons are not enough, will be looking at a turbo upgrade.Rear view through the back window is terrible, Lucky I'm good with side mirrors.The Holden adventura like body skirts are shit, I hate them. I bought this car for the interior. I have a new Dolphin set of body skirts coming for it, front side and rear which was always the plan.Suspension is extremely soft. Makes you feel a little detached from the road but it is comfortable. This will also need attention at a later date.All in all I'm very happy with my car. Surprised the hell out of a mate of mine in his V8 holden as he disappeared in my rear view, and that's stock.After a visit to a skyline gurro here in Perth he recons all my add ons are going to be very easy to install. It already has a front mount inter-cooler with good sized 2.5 inch pipe work that can be used. The biggest power gain will be from the exhaust upgrade as the old one has a huge muffler on it that is about a 3rd of the length of the vehicle. Talk about choked up. The pipe going into it is around 1.5 inch. It is quiet though when you put your boot into it I hear the engine noise but no exhaust note at all.All in all I'm very pleased with my car love the stick 5 speed auto and well the whole drive train is great.I did test drive the liberty B spec and the VW Passat as well. They will be a spec in your rear view in no time with this car.First Impressions "BEAUTIFUL"

Just out of curiousity, what year model is it and what engine does it have?

Cheers

Muz

I'm hoping not to have to touch the engine internals. Everything I have read on the VQ motors are that they are a very solid engine.

I hope your wrong about the bottom end I would hate for it to go bang at any time.

Does anyone have any expiriance with the VQ engine range?

I was led to believe by my importer that this car was the first of type. I'm starting to think that this was just the excuse used for it taking so long.

I assume its the vq25det if its turbo cos thats the only one. I did alot of research cos I was very tempted. There is as you would know, basically no info in aus and not alot in japan as the engine wasnt in production long(vq25det), going to the vq35de. The only info I really found in japan (i used to live there) was about a few ecu tuners and some turbo upgrades for the vq25det and kits for the vq35de. They all basically say, whatever they may be doing, is that we could do this more but it will break cos the bottom end needs modifying.the twin turbo kits are very capable but the stock bottom end is the major limiting factor. this being at the stage where this would not be mentioned for the rb. I dont understand well enough to get all the detail but I got the drift. After the auto stagea test, I had my heart on a 6 speed v35 vq35de and put a twin turbo kit on it but that plus a rebuild was just a bit excesive for me, I'm sure the vq25det will take a bit of boost and a tweak of the ecu. I dont no from personal experience but the maths wernt there for me bang/buck.

I finally have my car. First Impressions "BEAUTIFUL"

Congrats on your new car - my 2004 Autech Axis is sitting in my garage awaiting the results of the emissions testing, but I have driven it briefly and it goes like a scalded cat. First impressions of mine are plenty power! I would have thought 350kw was a bit optimistic given thw VQ25DET is only 206kW (well, probably more) stock, and the paucity of aftermarket bits available. You could start with the Impul ECU.

Mine has the Autech body kit and 'private' suspension, which is definitely not soft. Very taut and responsive so far - and I have a 3" turbo back Fujitsubo exhaust.

Did you keep the Xenon headlights?

Cruise control seems to be a rare option - Muz's ARX4 has it. I plan to have Chris Rogers fit me an aftermarket unit.

Now - please post some pics!

Edited by autech_axis

Congrats on your new car - my 2004 Autech Axis is sitting in my garage awaiting the results of the emissions testing, but I have driven it briefly and it goes like a scalded cat. First impressions of mine are plenty power! I would have thought 350kw was a bit optimistic given the VQ25DET is only 206kW (well, probably more) stock, and the paucity of aftermarket bits available. You could start with the Impul ECU.

Mine has the Autech body kit and 'private' suspension, which is definitely not soft. Very taut and responsive so far - and I have a 3" turbo back Fujitsubo exhaust.

Cruise control seems to be a rare option - Muz's ARX4 has it. I plan to have Chris Rogers fit me an aftermarket unit.

Now - please post some pics!

Here it is.

I did look at the Autech. I don't like the look of the body kit. The front and rear bumpers are a little different than mine but the side skirts are exactly the same they have just been color coded to the car.

Why are you and Muz having so much trouble getting through emissions. I know yours is a 2004 being the reason what about yours Muz is it also just out of the sevs ruling being after 2003. Mines the same engine. It went through emissions. I can't see the problem other than more bureaucratic bullshit from our government.

Chris Rodgers do you know someone in Perth west Oz that does fine work. so I can get a cruse control fitted. Its just such a stupid idea not putting one in the car at the factory when they have filled it with so much other Shiite.

350kw may be a little optimistic, The only way is to try. Going to do all the bolt ons first then tune and dino. Will see what it comes out to. My car is booked in for Thursday next week for the measure and quote and will go from there. It could turn out to be a little scary on the road after all the bolt-ons with the super soft suspension the ARX4 has.

Can someone recommend a good suspension set up. I don't want it to be stiff as a board. My wife has a nice Magna thats been dropped on its arse. Its a little too stiff for my liking but it is fun to drive, a good happy medium would be nice. Suspension set ups are something I don't know allot about. Any help would be appreciated.

post-39696-1183164903_thumb.jpg

post-39696-1183164972_thumb.jpg

ausis,

can't help there I'm afraid. I have a few things in mind for Matt's one but need to find a bit more info on it to narrow it down.

CC is software based for the OE system - I would LOVE to get my hands on the software that programmed the car. it would make changing things a LOT easier.

anyone in brissy know a nissan tech - need a consult machine for a bit :P

ausis,

can't help there I'm afraid. I have a few things in mind for Matt's one but need to find a bit more info on it to narrow it down.

CC is software based for the OE system - I would LOVE to get my hands on the software that programmed the car. it would make changing things a LOT easier.

anyone in brissy know a nissan tech - need a consult machine for a bit :P

Thanks anyways Chris. There is a guy here that does the sat-nav and TV. But he is just so damn expensive.

define expensive. (I do this as well.) the tv units I use are quality items and not cheap crap. the navs are the same thing. then you have time on top. the ones I do are also a 4 figure sum. there is NOT a cheap way to do these.

define expensive. (I do this as well.) the tv units I use are quality items and not cheap crap. the navs are the same thing. then you have time on top. the ones I do are also a 4 figure sum. there is NOT a cheap way to do these.

1500 for the nav a further 900 for the tv. Sounded to me on the rich side. There is no one else here that I can get another quote from.

is this a reasonable sum?

1500 for the nav a further 900 for the tv. Sounded to me on the rich side. There is no one else here that I can get another quote from.

is this a reasonable sum?

This is just to get whats there going not replacing them.

Congrats on grabbing an M35.

I was interested in reading and comparing with my 250t RS four. I don't know if it is the same with the Ar-x but I have found that the car tends to stiffen up and hug corners the harder you drive? My interior is the same but in black leather.... Lots & lots of options.

A friend of mine's neighbour is the parts & service manager for Audi Oz who was VERY impressed with the build quality, interior, options and power.... Let alone the price! He just could not believe it!!

Being that your exhaust is stock, is it the same diameter throughout or, like mine, does it change from 2.5" to 3" at 4 different points?

post-31842-1183283884_thumb.jpg

P.S. I have had mine registered for the last 5 weeks. Just wondering how many others are out there and where they are...

I will be very interested to see what Kw increases you make with in intake/exhaust mod.

For body & stuff check out

http://www.impul.co.jp/products/complete/m35.stagea.htm

Enjoy it mate (I know you already are). :D

Congrats on grabbing an M35.

I was interested in reading and comparing with my 250t RS four. I don't know if it is the same with the Ar-x but I have found that the car tends to stiffen up and hug corners the harder you drive? My interior is the same but in black leather.... Lots & lots of options.

A friend of mine's neighbour is the parts & service manager for Audi Oz who was VERY impressed with the build quality, interior, options and power.... Let alone the price! He just could not believe it!!

Being that your exhaust is stock, is it the same diameter throughout or, like mine, does it change from 2.5" to 3" at 4 different points?

post-31842-1183283884_thumb.jpg

P.S. I have had mine registered for the last 5 weeks. Just wondering how many others are out there and where they are...

I will be very interested to see what Kw increases you make with in intake/exhaust mod.

For body & stuff check out

http://www.impul.co.jp/products/complete/m35.stagea.htm

Enjoy it mate (I know you already are). :)

5 weeks ago. WOW I'm really starting to get pissed with the dude that bought mine in. I asked for it over a year ago and foolishly paid all money down up front. I only received it a few days ago. I was of the opinion that I had done my money for quite some time. all I was getting was excuses and no way was he giving my money back. It has spoiled it a bit. But I have it now, has cost me a small sheep station after seeing what some of the others are going for on auto trader.

My exhaust has a chocking point just before the main muffler. But other than that, same size all the way through. The muffler is huge it stars just behind the drivers door and goes all the way finishing in front of the rear axle. Check out the rear of the muffler wear the drive axle comes through. Has to be some good power gain to be had there. This car has no exhaust note at all. Quiet as a mouse stealing cheese off your diner plate.

This is the body kit I have chosen.

http://www.freeway-dolphin.co.jp/ae_top/ni...a_new_m35st.htm

This is a beautiful car I love it. Will post the standard dino figures once I have them as well as the new figures once the air and exhaust mods are done. I'm not going to do any internal engine work just yet. Will only be done if it becomes necessary. Crossing fingers nothing goes bang. Don't like that sound, you just know its going to cost.

post-39696-1183327959_thumb.jpg

post-39696-1183328023_thumb.jpg

post-39696-1183328062_thumb.jpg

I seem to be missing the Xenon headlights. Would love to have them, it needs them desperately.

The head lights on mine leave allot to be desired. Can't see much, would go as far as to say "they SUCK!"