SAU Community

Post Pics Of Your R33 Engine Bay!

Hi everybody! if you have done any detailing on your RB25 engine bay, could you please post up some pics? ive searched and found an abundance of RB26 engine bays but not many 25s. i need some ideas and inspirations!

im also thinking about pulling out the windscreen washer bottle. anyone done this before?

also whats the process with removing the device off the timing belt cover? what do you actually have to mark?

cheers

Sam

washer bottle has been removed from my car for years, doesnt really make it look any better, thats why im making an alloy replacement item - see fabrication section ..

there are plenty of car out there, depends on what you wanna do with it, personally when it comes to engine bays im a little inclined towards the "less is more" type effect ..

go hard and hide a lot of the piping most of it runs over the top of things unneccessarily.. oil catch can with speedflow fittings makes the rocker cover a lot neater i reckon. I'm going to give mine a go of tidying it up in the next week or so when i do my fmic so ill post up some pics then:)

Hi everybody! if you have done any detailing on your RB25 engine bay, could you please post up some pics? ive searched and found an abundance of RB26 engine bays but not many 25s. i need some ideas and inspirations!

im also thinking about pulling out the windscreen washer bottle. anyone done this before?

also whats the process with removing the device off the timing belt cover? what do you actually have to mark?

cheers

Sam

Hey sam,

Im currently doing mine whilst waiting for my new manifold to rock up. I will post pics up when im done. To take the timing belt cover over its a piece of piss i can give you a hand if you need, like 6 bolts i think and just mark where the bolts are on the cas and thats it. I took mine off the other week and painted it, i might be leaving mine off though since i just bought new shiny cam gears that match my engine and timing belt (gates one).

Wo those pics from PSI parts are unbeleivable... Top mount setups look soo mad! Gees my stocko looks boring!

The rb26 with the polished / chromed rocker and timimg cover looks amazing :thumbsup:

Hey sam,

Im currently doing mine whilst waiting for my new manifold to rock up. I will post pics up when im done. To take the timing belt cover over its a piece of piss i can give you a hand if you need, like 6 bolts i think and just mark where the bolts are on the cas and thats it. I took mine off the other week and painted it, i might be leaving mine off though since i just bought new shiny cam gears that match my engine and timing belt (gates one).

thanks for the offer dan >_<

is thought it was only 3 bolts? i had a closer look and it looks like someone has marked them before

Heres mine, nothing to special really, im still working on making it tidy, i normally have the airbox on which makes it a bit cleaner, i really need to get the cam covers painted tho lol.

bay2.jpg

bay1.jpg

Heres mine, nothing to special really, im still working on making it tidy, i normally have the airbox on which makes it a bit cleaner, i really need to get the cam covers painted tho lol.

bay2.jpg

bay1.jpg

Yours looks clean as nizmo freek for a reletively stock motor. How do you keep the stock parts lookin so nice? Degreaser?

Blue cam gears both inlet and exhaust under the cover so clear may be the way to go.

Getting that can to fit with the greddy plenum caused me more grief than you can imagine. I purchased the can from a member in the classifieds and there was no way I wasnt going to use it. Had to modify the bracket that holds the fuse box, Lift the can about 20 mil, and my piper had kittens making the cooler pipe to take the radius and run through the side instead of the floor in the corner. It was worth it in the end. It looks far better in real life than the pics actually.

Hows the delivery on the clear covers going?